MoneySaving Poll: The MoneySavingExpert.com Annual Census

Comments

• jeffkey1
    jeffkey1 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    So the majority on this board are white, married, female with kids living in the SE of England with a Degree.

Is this a reflection of the group of people who are proactive in money saving matters.

Probably not news to the Financial Organisations Advertising agencies.
  • GreenQueen
    GreenQueen Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    ...except for the region I live in and I'm not quite full time. All my other answers fit with the most popular answers.

I need to go out and do something wildly unexpected - actually I'm not really surprised at being "normal"!

GQ
    2021 - mission declutter and clean - 0/2021
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    GreenQueen wrote: »
    ...except for the region I live in and I'm not quite full time. All my other answers fit with the most popular answers.

Same here, although if you take my 30 hours a week of paid work, and 10+ hours a week of voluntary work I am technically full time.

Also I'm not normal on religion (I'm Christian - other) and crisp flavour, my second favourite flavour is the most popular.

Got to say, I expected there to be more males than females.
    Zebras rock
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Must admit ,in view of my experiences of questions and answers in the forums, I also expected the majority to be male.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    torbrex wrote: »
    When it came to Employment status, I had to put part-time as it was the closest thing to 'Casual labour on zero hour contract' that I could see.
    Now that would also be an interesting statistic. Just what proportion of employed people are on these dratted zero-hour contracts?
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I've got a range of food intolerances including potato, so I can't actually eat crisps.........
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    It would have been nice to see Pagan given it's own tick-box under religion:( - there's a lot of us about, you know!;)

And I dislike crisps._pale_
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • I had to say married no children although I have two - they're just not under 18, but I'm sure they have an impact on the amount of money I have available!!!:o
  • squashnut wrote: »
    I had to say married no children although I have two - they're just not under 18, but I'm sure they have an impact on the amount of money I have available!!!:o

Oh no - have I answered this incorrectly then?! :eek:

I'm married with two "kids" who are 18 (in full time education) and 22 - both still live at home.

:o
  • What about us crinklies who would like to work (albeit part time) but end up looking after grandchildren, so their children can work to afford houses etc?.............
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure