PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Comments

• £48k a month in mortgage payments? Who knew putting mirrors on every available surface was so expensive?!
  • 50 shades of white. I have a 7 year old daughter who would still find a way of getting mucky if she were plonked in one of those rooms!

That kitchen though! I'd give my right arm for a house like that (but I'd add lots of colour and life to it)
  • Ohh I always wondered what it looked like inside. Yes I think it has been for sale a number of times in recent years. - I think that is the one called (or was called) the Market Garden - because it was built on the site of, wait for it, a market garden :D I used to walk there with my mother when I was a child.

Edit - sorry just read the description and it is called Garden House. I am sure it used to have a swimming pool.

There's something I dont quite "get" about that house - and I cant put my finger on it. To me personally - loadsa white wouldnt put me off. But I dont quite get all those lights in the ceilings. I dont get the garden looking like its too small for that size house and in a different style.
  • They could have cleaned up a bit, or waited until it was empty before taking pics! And what's with the curtain over the door in pic 5?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59244185.html?premiumA=true

Eugh!

How did it get to look so filthy?

With all that stuff scattered everywhere - I've just picked up the message of "Desperate to sell - make low offer". Never ever have a house looking like its "gotta go and go Right Now" if you want the best price for it imo.

I dont tend to believe in low offers. But that house had me thinking straight off "Offer £150k for it". If it were mine - I'd have cleared it/sent in a gang of cleaners for special one-off clean and hired a gardener to tidy up. Worth it - to get some thousands of £s extra for it.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    They could have cleaned up a bit, or waited until it was empty before taking pics! And what's with the curtain over the door in pic 5?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59244185.html?premiumA=true

What's the picture of in pic 7? Looks like a fossilised fish.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37608789.html

'In Need Of Completion/Refurbishment'

Yes hiring a plasterer and a gardener
  • megaginge
    megaginge Posts: 363 Forumite
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37608789.html

'In Need Of Completion/Refurbishment'

Yes hiring a plasterer and a gardener

I like the exposed brickwork on the stairs! That's a feature to me ... but I imagine it makes the place somewhat cold ...

I'd be one of those people who gets the insulation done and then a fake brick outer facade to have a warm place with exposed bricks ... You know the 4mm thin fake brick stuff :p

I like it ..
    Hello There. :beer:
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,030 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    http://www.s1homes.com/Flats-for-sale/2016060321004060.shtml

Obviously got a job lot of paint... :eek:
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Eugh!

How did it get to look so filthy?

With all that stuff scattered everywhere - I've just picked up the message of "Desperate to sell - make low offer". Never ever have a house looking like its "gotta go and go Right Now" if you want the best price for it imo.

I dont tend to believe in low offers. But that house had me thinking straight off "Offer £150k for it". If it were mine - I'd have cleared it/sent in a gang of cleaners for special one-off clean and hired a gardener to tidy up. Worth it - to get some thousands of £s extra for it.
    Imagine inheriting a property at the other end of the country, with a charge on it, and the lender now charging you 9% interest. You will want to sell fast to the most obvious market, which is developers, who'll know the area and the price, with scant regard to anything else, except the floorplan.

Tidying-up won't influence them one jot.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure