Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Joshclarke7
    • By Joshclarke7 19th Sep 19, 7:30 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Joshclarke7
    0 WOW
    KLM Strike, Manchester - Dubai, transfer in Amsterdam.
    • 19th Sep 19, 7:30 PM
    0 WOW
    KLM Strike, Manchester - Dubai, transfer in Amsterdam. 19th Sep 19 at 7:30 PM
    Hi,

On Wednesday I traveled from a Manchester to Dubai with a transfer in Amsterdam, with KLM airlines. On Monday I was advised there would be a strike at Schiphol, on the day I traveled, which meant I couldnít take checked luggage. When I arrived at Schiphol we were advised the flight would be delayed as there werenít any staff to load the luggage on the flight, after 3 hours were were able to board. Once boarded we were then advised a hydraulic leak had been found and a part needed to be replaced. We finally left 5hrs and 30minutes after our scheduled time.

What are my rights to make a claim and what are the correct channels I should go down.

TIA!!
Page 1
    • headpin
    • By headpin 19th Sep 19, 8:45 PM
    • 719 Posts
    • 367 Thanks
    headpin
    • 19th Sep 19, 8:45 PM
    • 19th Sep 19, 8:45 PM
    You will be entitled to compensation if there is a delay in accordance with the EU Rules. The delay is not based upon the departure times, but how late you arrive beyond the scheduled arrival time.

MSE has a guide here that should give you all of the information that you need.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays/#cancelrules
    • Joshclarke7
    • By Joshclarke7 19th Sep 19, 9:18 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Joshclarke7
    • 19th Sep 19, 9:18 PM
    • 19th Sep 19, 9:18 PM
    Even though my destination was outside the EU?
    • photome
    • By photome 20th Sep 19, 5:37 AM
    • 14,231 Posts
    • 9,739 Thanks
    photome
    • 20th Sep 19, 5:37 AM
    • 20th Sep 19, 5:37 AM
    Even though my destination was outside the EU?
    Originally posted by Joshclarke7

Flight originated in the EU
    better to post on the dedicated flight compensation page for KLM

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4384719
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

273Posts Today

2,443Users online

Martin's Twitter