Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Naomi
    • By MSE Naomi 16th Jul 19, 4:47 PM
    • 307Posts
    • 70Thanks
    MSE Naomi
    MSE Poll: Have you been scammed & did you tell anyone?
    • 16th Jul 19, 4:47 PM
    MSE Poll: Have you been scammed & did you tell anyone? 16th Jul 19 at 4:47 PM
    Poll started 16 July 2019
    This week two major new anti-scam ads initiatives launched on the back of Martinís lawsuit against Facebook.

Scams are getting more professional, from phone calls pretending to be from banks to scam ads online. Have you been a victim and if so did you declare it?

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.

If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks!
Page 1
    • Cliddy
    • By Cliddy 17th Jul 19, 10:36 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Cliddy
    • 17th Jul 19, 10:36 AM
    • 17th Jul 19, 10:36 AM
    Bit confused about the definition of scammed on here. The number of people scammed and open about it implies to me that it's been interpreted as they have received a phone call/text/email. But not necessarily reacted to it and lost something.
    We've all received those surely at some time?
    If all these people have actually lost something, then the problem is bigger than I imagined.
    I responded that I hadn't been scammed, despite receiving probably "hundreds" of the above mediums. Mainly thanks to TalkTalk!!
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 17th Jul 19, 12:06 PM
    • 2,114 Posts
    • 5,220 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    • 17th Jul 19, 12:06 PM
    • 17th Jul 19, 12:06 PM
    Bit confused about the definition of scammed on here. The number of people scammed and open about it implies to me that it's been interpreted as they have received a phone call/text/email. But not necessarily reacted to it and lost something.
    We've all received those surely at some time?
    If all these people have actually lost something, then the problem is bigger than I imagined.
    I responded that I hadn't been scammed, despite receiving probably "hundreds" of the above mediums. Mainly thanks to TalkTalk!!
    Originally posted by Cliddy
    Indeed, currently around 40% of respondents say they have been scammed, I'd consider even 10% to be on the high side.
    • Cliddy
    • By Cliddy 24th Jul 19, 11:52 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Cliddy
    • 24th Jul 19, 11:52 AM
    • 24th Jul 19, 11:52 AM
    How do I get full listing of responses? Each time I look all I get is my point and your response !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

86Posts Today

1,368Users online

Martin's Twitter