Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • boomerangguy
    • By boomerangguy 13th Jan 16, 6:04 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 1Thanks
    boomerangguy
    Booking Error with Name on Flight Details
    • 13th Jan 16, 6:04 PM
    Booking Error with Name on Flight Details 13th Jan 16 at 6:04 PM
    I booked an holiday online with Thomson via a 3rd party Holiday Hypermarket. Somehow the name on an additional passenger was listed wrong. I contacted the Company straightaway and was told there would be a charge of £50 to change the name. This seems excessive and unreasonable. What are my options can I refuse to pay it or pay it then reclaim it back because it is unreasonable? I ask because I know the banks have been challenged for unreasonable charges.

Thanks

G
Page 1
    • jackieblack
    • By jackieblack 14th Jan 16, 6:28 AM
    • 8,948 Posts
    • 14,739 Thanks
    jackieblack
    • 14th Jan 16, 6:28 AM
    • 14th Jan 16, 6:28 AM
    If it is just correcting a spelling error then that is a different thing to a name change (which is changing to a different person). Confusion about this often results in unnecessary charges being made.

Also, this is the thread for problems relating to the chaos created by the Icelandic volcano which erupted at Easter 2010. You might get a better response posting on the main board http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading

Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

MFW #4 (2018 £866.89 OPd)
    2019 YTD £1073.85 (£700 offset), Oct £100.00

Everything will be alright in the end so, if itís not yet alright, it means itís not yet the end
    • boomerangguy
    • By boomerangguy 15th Jan 16, 7:18 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    boomerangguy
    • 15th Jan 16, 7:18 PM
    • 15th Jan 16, 7:18 PM
    Basically what happened was when I listed my son as the second passenger for some reason they listed his middle name as his surname. I am just correcting the error he is the same person with the same Date of Birth. It is obvious he is the same person.
    • victor2
    • By victor2 15th Jan 16, 7:29 PM
    • 5,007 Posts
    • 3,365 Thanks
    victor2
    • 15th Jan 16, 7:29 PM
    • 15th Jan 16, 7:29 PM
    Unless you've got some sort of confirmation that shows the details correctly entered, such as an email or screen print, then I think it more likely they will say it's your fault and you must pay to change it.
    All online bookings I've seen stress quite clearly that the passengers names must match their passport. Middle names are generally not important, but substituting the middle name as the last name definitely needs changing.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 22nd Jan 16, 4:11 PM
    • 9,550 Posts
    • 10,068 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 22nd Jan 16, 4:11 PM
    • 22nd Jan 16, 4:11 PM
    This is the Volcano forum - you might get better help by posting on the main travel board instead - Unless you are vonvinced iit was the volcano wot did it!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

755Posts Today

6,302Users online

Martin's Twitter