Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Indie Kid
    • By Indie Kid 6th Jan 14, 12:31 PM
    • 21,629Posts
    • 29,326Thanks
    Indie Kid
    Things that made you smile
    • 6th Jan 14, 12:31 PM
    Things that made you smile 6th Jan 14 at 12:31 PM
    We have a what's irritating you thread, and I think we need a thread for things that have made us smile, etc.

Me - well, we have a puppy who is now 8 months. I let her out this morning and was hoping to keep the door open for her to come in. But it was too windy. I was stood by the door waiting for her, expecting to see her come down the steps.

I then heard a tap at the door. She'd come down the steps, which I hadn't seen and tapped to be let in. She also taps to go out.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - 75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 80.25
Page 2
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 9th Jan 14, 6:33 PM
    • 3,007 Posts
    • 13,643 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    I saw the latest GoCompare ad on telly last night - that made me smile
    Originally posted by Chris25
    Sorry to disagree
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
    • Indie Kid
    • By Indie Kid 9th Jan 14, 6:33 PM
    • 21,629 Posts
    • 29,326 Thanks
    Indie Kid
    My steam mop
    Originally posted by davsidipp
    Someone's easily pleased.

What made me smile within the last few days:
    - On Monday, I asked for a non-emergency GP appointment. I was seen yesterday. Came out and asked for another appointment and got that for this morning.
    - Now changed medication; so hopefully won't be feeling hungry all the time. Just got to remember to take it 3 times a day now.
    - Won DLA tribunal. Was told some very interesting things about colour blindess. Can't remember what they were now.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - 75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 80.25
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 9th Jan 14, 6:36 PM
    • 3,007 Posts
    • 13,643 Thanks
    MoneyMate

Now THIS is Funny.
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
    • Missli
    • By Missli 9th Jan 14, 7:21 PM
    • 7,222 Posts
    • 17,033 Thanks
    Missli
    Started at 11.5 stone 11th May 2019
    17/5 11.3!, 24/5 11.2 29/6 11.1
    • Mrs Bones
    • By Mrs Bones 9th Jan 14, 7:30 PM
    • 14,284 Posts
    • 57,413 Thanks
    Mrs Bones
    Walking pass the full priced daffodils because I thought they were too expensive then finding some in the price reduction bucket for a quarter of the price.
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ~ Maya Angelou
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 9th Jan 14, 8:09 PM
    • 61,883 Posts
    • 124,626 Thanks
    torbrex
    The smile on a complete strangers face this afternoon when I gave her a jar of jam
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 9th Jan 14, 10:22 PM
    • 11,029 Posts
    • 20,864 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Nottingham Forest 5 West Ham United 0.

Still.
    Originally posted by robin banks
    I was at Meadow Lane on Sunday watching Notts Rugby play Ealing. I still giggle at some of the startled looks on the faces of the lads warming up in an otherwise quiet stadium when the roar came from the City Ground

Today what made me smile- finding out that my beloved Notts Rugby have been saved from administration by a management buy out with guaranteed funding for the next 3 years.

And selling my necklace unexpectedly on Buy it Now on EBay for a much needed tenner.
    Open University Graduate 2017; MA at DMU complete 2018- MERIT!! Round 2 OU 2018- BSc Combined STEM (Sports Psychology) Year 1 Complete! E117 (Passed) and DE100. Year 2- K220 and E235.
    Got Engaged 02/10/2018 Civil Partnership 15/02/20
    Strictly 2019- TEAM RAMSEY!
    Elle
    • oldhand
    • By oldhand 10th Jan 14, 12:25 PM
    • 3,385 Posts
    • 7,431 Thanks
    oldhand

One of the young ones in the family and her dog daisy,both asleep made me smile........
    • robin banks
    • By robin banks 10th Jan 14, 12:32 PM
    • 14,758 Posts
    • 24,012 Thanks
    robin banks
    I was at Meadow Lane on Sunday watching Notts Rugby play Ealing. I still giggle at some of the startled looks on the faces of the lads warming up in an otherwise quiet stadium when the roar came from the City Ground

Today what made me smile- finding out that my beloved Notts Rugby have been saved from administration by a management buy out with guaranteed funding for the next 3 years.

And selling my necklace unexpectedly on Buy it Now on EBay for a much needed tenner.
    Originally posted by Mrs_Ryan
    I was at the City Ground.

Pleased about Notts Rugby.
    "An arrogant and self-righteous Guardian reading tvv@t".

wtf is all that about?
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 10th Jan 14, 12:38 PM
    • 10,139 Posts
    • 35,383 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    My sons going back to school. Washed, brushed, in uniform. (Proud Beaminging Grin!)
    And utter zombies as they'd ignored our reminders about sleep being a good idea...
    • gallygirl
    • By gallygirl 10th Jan 14, 12:39 PM
    • 16,780 Posts
    • 110,579 Thanks
    gallygirl

Don't care if it's real, just makes me smile every time
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    Mortgage Balance = 0
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Tinwhistler
    When cats purr in my ear making it sound louder that makes me smile.
    INFP
    • robin banks
    • By robin banks 10th Jan 14, 2:02 PM
    • 14,758 Posts
    • 24,012 Thanks
    robin banks
    When cats purr in my ear making it sound louder that makes me smile.
    Originally posted by Tinwhistler
    I'm allergic myself
    "An arrogant and self-righteous Guardian reading tvv@t".

wtf is all that about?
    • Mrs Bones
    • By Mrs Bones 10th Jan 14, 2:18 PM
    • 14,284 Posts
    • 57,413 Thanks
    Mrs Bones
    My cheap daffodils have flowered lovely and every time I see them I feel like I've got a bit of Spring, can't help but smile.
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ~ Maya Angelou
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 10th Jan 14, 2:43 PM
    • 61,883 Posts
    • 124,626 Thanks
    torbrex
    The pictures of Niagara falls being partially frozen, I have been lucky enough to have been there and seeing parts of the falls frozen makes me want to rush over there and see it for real again, its hard to beleive that water moving so fast could freeze over, it must have been really cold.
    Lovely to see though
    BBC link
  • archived user
    Bought a Kobo Touch - from WH Smiths (29.99 see MSE newsletter). Fits in my Kindle case. Saving me a few quid!
  • archived user
    Finishing my sandwich run at work 15 minutes early, sounds silly but it's something I've struggled with since I started working there but I finally have started getting them done on time and today was the first time I did them earlier, my manager also told me I'd done well so that made me smile.
    • Sheel
    • By Sheel 10th Jan 14, 3:27 PM
    • 44,846 Posts
    • 40,220 Thanks
    Sheel
    The pictures of Niagara falls being partially frozen, I have been lucky enough to have been there and seeing parts of the falls frozen makes me want to rush over there and see it for real again, its hard to beleive that water moving so fast could freeze over, it must have been really cold.
    Lovely to see though
    BBC link
    Originally posted by torbrex
    Incredible isn't it? I've been lucky enough to have been there too, but i'm glad it wasn't that cold when I was there.
    JAMMF
  • Tinwhistler
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2536738/Paws-thought-Watch-moment-adorable-polar-bear-cub-takes-steps-just-wobbles.html
    INFP
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 10th Jan 14, 11:27 PM
    • 61,883 Posts
    • 124,626 Thanks
    torbrex
    Boxed set of Columbo DVD'd arrived today, 38 discs altogether, I shall be able to sleuth any time that I want to now, with no adverts
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,909Posts Today

7,402Users online

Martin's Twitter