Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • colinw
    • By colinw 22nd Jul 13, 8:09 PM
    • 55,826Posts
    • 153,679Thanks
    colinw
    It's a Panda!
    • 22nd Jul 13, 8:09 PM
    It's a Panda! 22nd Jul 13 at 8:09 PM
    Awwwwwwwwwww twin panda boys born in Atlanta Zoo six days ago....Congratulations to Lu Lu

Just an update on the Atlanta panda twins....

This thread was started jut over two years ago when the twin pandas Mei Lun and Mei Huan were born in Atlanta Zoo. They are the only surviving twin pandas still surviving born in a US Zoo. Well they celebrated their 2nd birthday back in July and they are still together in the same enclosure and will be until they reach sexual maturity at about age 4.

Last edited by colinw; 05-10-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Page 2
    • colinw
    • By colinw 22nd Jul 13, 8:44 PM
    • 55,826 Posts
    • 153,679 Thanks
    colinw
    And you can watch the panda cub at San Diego Zoo at

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/pandacam/
    • ineed
    • By ineed 22nd Jul 13, 8:47 PM
    • 4,141 Posts
    • 12,134 Thanks
    ineed
    I've decided to do it next month , adopt a panda from San Diego zoo that is . I have my leopard through WWF and I get news letters about it, looks like you get all that with a panda through the zoo as well .
    I SUPPORT CAT RESCUE! Visit Cat Chat to support cat rescue too.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind. ~Malayan Proverb
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much ~ Oscar Wilde
    No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness ~ Aristotle
    • colinw
    • By colinw 22nd Jul 13, 8:52 PM
    • 55,826 Posts
    • 153,679 Thanks
    colinw
    I've decided to do it next month , adopt a panda from San Diego zoo that is . I have my leopard through WWF and I get news letters about it, looks like you get all that with a panda through the zoo as well .
    Originally posted by ineed

Good for you ineed I am just watching the cub now. It is having a play fight with it's Mother. There is a good San Diego zoo app for the iphone / ipod as well that you can watch the pandas on.
    • ineed
    • By ineed 22nd Jul 13, 8:55 PM
    • 4,141 Posts
    • 12,134 Thanks
    ineed
    Good for you ineed I am just watching the cub now. It is having a play fight with it's Mother. There is a good San Diego zoo app for the iphone / ipod as well that you can watch the pandas on.
    Originally posted by colinw
    Oh cool thanks for the heads up I'll download it .

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind. ~Malayan Proverb
    • colinw
    • By colinw 22nd Jul 13, 8:59 PM
    • 55,826 Posts
    • 153,679 Thanks
    colinw
    Oh cool thanks for the heads up I'll download it .
    Depends when you catch them as they do sleep a lot! and of course morning there is about 5pm here but I am watching them on the netbbok now at

• ineed
    • By ineed 22nd Jul 13, 9:04 PM
    • 4,141 Posts
    • 12,134 Thanks
    ineed
    Depends when you catch them as they do sleep a lot! and of course morning there is about 5pm here but I am watching them on the netbbok now at

That link worked for me , is the panda chewing the cage? awww.

• meritaten
    • By meritaten 22nd Jul 13, 9:07 PM
    • 23,092 Posts
    • 60,819 Thanks
    meritaten
    I really cant afford another 'direct debit donation'. but Pandas do sound really interesting a 'good cause'.
    My bro had a Panda toy which he took to bed for his first few years as a child - I think I will buy him a years subscription (if they do that) for his birthday pressie - it will tickle him pink!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 22nd Jul 13, 9:09 PM
    • 55,826 Posts
    • 153,679 Thanks
    colinw
    That link worked for me , is the panda chewing the cage? awww.
    That is cub probably getting treats through the cage! They feed him apple sauce to train him

The pandas at San diego are

Wu the cub who is one on the 24th
    Bai Yun his Mother...he is her sixth cub
    Yun Zi her 3.5 year old male cub
    Gao Gao who is the father of the cubs

They are all kept seperate apart from the Mother and cub. They normally seperate at around 18 months
    • colinw
    • By colinw 22nd Jul 13, 9:10 PM
    • 55,826 Posts
    • 153,679 Thanks
    colinw
    I really cant afford another 'direct debit donation'. but Pandas do sound really interesting a 'good cause'.
    My bro had a Panda toy which he took to bed for his first few years as a child - I think I will buy him a years subscription (if they do that) for his birthday pressie - it will tickle him pink!
    Originally posted by meritaten
    That would be a cute gift
    • ineed
    • By ineed 22nd Jul 13, 9:19 PM
    • 4,141 Posts
    • 12,134 Thanks
    ineed
    That is cub probably getting treats through the cage! They feed him apple sauce to train him

The pandas at San diego are

Wu the cub who is one on the 24th
    Bai Yun his Mother...he is her sixth cub
    Yun Zi her 3.5 year old male cub
    Gao Gao who is the father of the cubs

They are all kept seperate apart from the Mother and cub. They normally seperate at around 18 months
    Oh ok lol, aww so cute .

Originally posted by meritaten
    That sounds like a lovely idea . Only reason I can afford it tbh is because I don't spend money on anything else apart from meds, don't drink or smoke, don't go shopping or out to restaurants or pubs etc due to illness. No children. I only have one adopted animal at the moment that OH pays for (it was a christmas gift).

• colinw
    • By colinw 22nd Jul 13, 9:21 PM
    • 55,826 Posts
    • 153,679 Thanks
    colinw
    Oh ok lol, aww so cute .

That sounds like a lovely idea . Only reason I can afford it tbh is because I don't spend money on anything else apart from meds, don't drink or smoke, don't go shopping or out to restaurants or pubs etc due to illness. No children. I only have one adopted animal at the moment that OH pays for (it was a christmas gift).
    ineed can you not get one of those yearly prescription cards? I have one for my tablets and saves me quite a bit of money a year.
    • ineed
    • By ineed 22nd Jul 13, 9:29 PM
    • 4,141 Posts
    • 12,134 Thanks
    ineed
    ineed can you not get one of those yearly prescription cards? I have one for my tablets and saves me quite a bit of money a year.
    Actually someone on another thread did tell me about those ages ago, I was looking into getting one but I think I had a mix up with prescriptions at the time or something and forgot to do it then forgot about it . That's sorted now though it was just the doctors forgetting to send it over to boots, boots take care of it now for me though and I have everything delivered. I will get one of those cards, at the moment I spend roughly about 30 a month I think on my meds (luckily OH gets his free, he's an insulin dependant diabetic) the card is about 140 isn't it?

• colinw
    • By colinw 22nd Jul 13, 9:34 PM
    • 55,826 Posts
    • 153,679 Thanks
    colinw
    Actually someone on another thread did tell me about those ages ago, I was looking into getting one but I think I had a mix up with prescriptions at the time or something and forgot to do it then forgot about it . That's sorted now though it was just the doctors forgetting to send it over to boots, boots take care of it now for me though and I have everything delivered. I will get one of those cards, at the moment I spend roughly about 30 a month I think on my meds (luckily OH gets his free, he's an insulin dependant diabetic) the card is about 140 isn't it?

104 is this is up to date

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2422.aspx?CategoryID=68&SubCategoryID=161

You could save quite a bit! It saves me a lot and I am only on about 5 tablets a day....
    • ineed
    • By ineed 22nd Jul 13, 9:40 PM
    • 4,141 Posts
    • 12,134 Thanks
    ineed
    104 is this is up to date

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2422.aspx?CategoryID=68&SubCategoryID=161

You could save quite a bit! It saves me a lot and I am only on about 5 tablets a day....
    Good must remember to do it, I tend to forget things so I'm setting it up as a memo on the iPad . Thanks . I take 10 tablets a day, only made up of three different medications though.

• colinw
    • By colinw 22nd Jul 13, 9:42 PM
    • 55,826 Posts
    • 153,679 Thanks
    colinw
    Good must remember to do it, I tend to forget things so I'm setting it up as a memo on the iPad . Thanks . I take 10 tablets a day, only made up of three different medications though.
    Make sure you remember! it says

How much can I save?

• If you need two items each month you can save around 70 with a 12 month PPC
    • If you need three items each month you can save around 160 with a 12 month PPC
    • If you need four items each month you can save around 250 with a 12 month PPC
    • ineed
    • By ineed 22nd Jul 13, 9:48 PM
    • 4,141 Posts
    • 12,134 Thanks
    ineed
    Make sure you remember! it says

How much can I save?

• If you need two items each month you can save around 70 with a 12 month PPC
    • If you need three items each month you can save around 160 with a 12 month PPC
    • If you need four items each month you can save around 250 with a 12 month PPC
    Big savings. I won't forget thanks .

• colinw
    • By colinw 22nd Jul 13, 9:51 PM
    • 55,826 Posts
    • 153,679 Thanks
    colinw
    Big savings. I won't forget thanks .

You can buy more pandas
    • ineed
    • By ineed 22nd Jul 13, 9:54 PM
    • 4,141 Posts
    • 12,134 Thanks
    ineed
    You can buy more pandas
    I do really like pandas , they are among my favourite animals along with cats (all sizes ), most rodents and penguins. That $100 package isn't bad, that's like 65 and you get a lot for your money.

• colinw
    • By colinw 22nd Jul 13, 9:56 PM
    • 55,826 Posts
    • 153,679 Thanks
    colinw
    I do really like pandas , they are among my favourite animals along with cats (all sizes ), most rodents and penguins. That $100 package isn't bad, that's like 65 and you get a lot for your money.
    They ceertainly are one of the cutest and nicest of all the animals. The cubs are just natural clowns as well...

Watch this video of a sneezing baby panda the Mothers reaction is hillarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzRH3iTQPrk
    • ineed
    • By ineed 22nd Jul 13, 10:00 PM
    • 4,141 Posts
    • 12,134 Thanks
    ineed
    They ceertainly are one of the cutest and nicest of all the animals. The cubs are just natural clowns as well...

Watch this video of a sneezing baby panda the Mothers reaction is hillarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzRH3iTQPrk
    I've seen this before but it's always good to see again , I love the mothers face reaction , and that's a very cute sneeze .

I always found this video very cute http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u155ncSlkCk.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,450Posts Today

7,608Users online

Martin's Twitter