Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LadyMorticia
    • By LadyMorticia 28th Mar 11, 2:58 PM
    • 19,154Posts
    • 87,249Thanks
    LadyMorticia
    Last thing you bought?
    • 28th Mar 11, 2:58 PM
    Last thing you bought? 28th Mar 11 at 2:58 PM
    I swear there was a thread on this but I can't find it.

Anyway, what was the last thing you bought? (it can be anything...no matter how small. ).

I'm not feeling very well today so after my hospital appointment OH and I went into town and I bought a cropped denim jacket. I used to have one but I lost it in a GP surgery somewhere.

So, how about you?
    2019 Wins
    1/25

2019 in 2019
    10/2019
Page 2
    • LadyMorticia
    • By LadyMorticia 28th Mar 11, 3:17 PM
    • 19,154 Posts
    • 87,249 Thanks
    LadyMorticia
    If there's something specific that you want, the leftovers from the sales are a good place to look. Debenhams for instance, still has quite a bit in it's 70% off section. Quite a lot of it is tat now but there's still some good stuff in this and the other sale sections.
    Originally posted by poorly scammo
    I love sales. We don't have a Debenhams that close to us. I think the nearest one is either Bristol or Taunton. When OH next treats me to a day out I might beg him to take me to Bristol shopping. I love bargains.
    2019 Wins
    1/25

2019 in 2019
    10/2019
    • jansus
    • By jansus 28th Mar 11, 3:17 PM
    • 12,218 Posts
    • 48,391 Thanks
    jansus
    I remember when I left I did say the stains I got on the old one could be washed out with an effective detergent. Still, at 20, why bother?
    Originally posted by Saucepot
    You're so virile saucy you totally ruined it i'll send you the bill for the new one
    ITV comp winner no 41
    • fluffymuffy
    • By fluffymuffy 28th Mar 11, 3:17 PM
    • 3,100 Posts
    • 5,449 Thanks
    fluffymuffy
    I just ordered an electric hand-held massager. It should come tomorrow or the next day. There's no medical need here - we just thought it might be Interesting.
    Last edited by fluffymuffy; 28-03-2011 at 3:23 PM.
    I am the Cat who walks by herself and all places are alike to me.
    • poorly scammo
    • By poorly scammo 28th Mar 11, 3:18 PM
    • 32,062 Posts
    • 66,699 Thanks
    poorly scammo
    Sounds nice. I've never been a "proper" student. I feel I've missed out now.

It's a book called "Random Acts of Kindness" by Danny Wallace. It's been going around loads of MSErs for a while. When they're done with it, they send it to another person. I would be honoured to send it to you when I've finished with it?
    Originally posted by LadyMorticia
    ooooh! yes please. Sounds like my kind of book. I think I've read a few quotes from it in other books. I'll PM you my address if you want?

That's what I should do with the new one as well - no more ironing
    Originally posted by ciderwithrosie
    Yeah, but then you'll look like a bag lady.
    4.30: conduct pigeon orchestra...
    • LadyMorticia
    • By LadyMorticia 28th Mar 11, 3:18 PM
    • 19,154 Posts
    • 87,249 Thanks
    LadyMorticia
    I did a food shop yesterday, god that's boring compared to everyone else

eta: lokolo-it doesn't ahve to be the end when you stop being a student! i left uni in 2008 and ended up housesharing still, we have takeaways on a friday (usually fish and chips)
    Originally posted by xXMessedUpXx
    Needs to be done though.
    2019 Wins
    1/25

2019 in 2019
    10/2019
    • LadyMorticia
    • By LadyMorticia 28th Mar 11, 3:20 PM
    • 19,154 Posts
    • 87,249 Thanks
    LadyMorticia
    ooooh! yes please. Sounds like my kind of book. I think I've read a few quotes from it in other books. I'll PM you my address if you want?

Yeah, but then you'll look like a bag lady.
    Sure. That'd be great. The book is really inspiring. It has things in that you wouldn't even think of doing before reading it. It's awesome. Think I'm going to buy myself a permanent copy too.
    I've only just got it so it might take me a while to send. I hope that's okay.
    2019 Wins
    1/25

2019 in 2019
    10/2019
  • Sublime
    Salad, to go with the linguini we're having tonight. Plus crisps for ds sandwiches tomorrow.
  • Saucepot
    You're so virile saucy you totally ruined it i'll send you the bill for the new one
    Originally posted by jansus
    Thank you my darling for not revealing my incontinence.
    • LandyAndy
    • By LandyAndy 28th Mar 11, 3:24 PM
    • 24,842 Posts
    • 52,294 Thanks
    LandyAndy
    A swimming hat and a keyring for DS2, yesterday.
  • Bazey
    What book is this? It sounds like something I might be interested in judging by LM's response. PM title if you want.

Last thing I bought was a dog behaviour class at 30.
    It was from a thread I started and subsequently got pulled by the mods...Random Acts of Kindness

it has absolutely nothing to do with submissive men and yellow marigolds....sorry Scammo
    • LadyMorticia
    • By LadyMorticia 28th Mar 11, 3:29 PM
    • 19,154 Posts
    • 87,249 Thanks
    LadyMorticia
    It was from a thread I started and subsequently got pulled by the mods...Random Acts of Kindness

it has absolutely nothing to do with submissive men and yellow marigolds....sorry Scammo
    Originally posted by Bazey
    Why did it get pulled?
    2019 Wins
    1/25

2019 in 2019
    10/2019
  • Sublime
    I remember that, didn't you loan a book, to be passed/shared around this forum? Whose got it now?
  • Bazey
    Why did it get pulled?
    It broke forum rules, plus I'm a massive stalker....I love your curtains Lady M

I remember that, didn't you loan a book, to be passed/shared around this forum? Whose got it now?
    Originally posted by Sublime
    Lady M, soon to be Scammo Keep up the good work guys, I'm so proud of each and everyone of you
    • LandyAndy
    • By LandyAndy 28th Mar 11, 3:33 PM
    • 24,842 Posts
    • 52,294 Thanks
    LandyAndy
    Sure. That'd be great. The book is really inspiring. It has things in that you wouldn't even think of doing before reading it. It's awesome. Think I'm going to buy myself a permanent copy too.
    I've only just got it so it might take me a while to send. I hope that's okay.
    Originally posted by Sublime
  • Sublime

Lady M, soon to be Scammo Keep up the good work guys, I'm so proud of each and everyone of you
    Is there a list, and is it closed?
    • Trazy
    • By Trazy 28th Mar 11, 3:35 PM
    • 2,694 Posts
    • 7,560 Thanks
    Trazy
    Lo-Salt
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything. - Mark Twain

Nappies and government ministers need to be changed frequently and for the same reason
  • free4440273
    cheese grater
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

THE KILLERS

THE PUNISHER MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT
    • LandyAndy
    • By LandyAndy 28th Mar 11, 3:37 PM
    • 24,842 Posts
    • 52,294 Thanks
    LandyAndy
    http://www.randomhouse.co.uk/catalog/book.htm?command=Search&db=main.txt&eqisbndata=009 1901758

In his bestselling book Join Me, Danny Wallace instructs his legions of followers to perform a 'Random Act of Kindness' every Friday. As a result, his thousands of followers (dubbed the Karma Army), without warning, made people happier the length and breadth of the country. Now in Random Acts of Kindness Danny and the gang bring you a hilarious, well-meaning book to encourage you to perform Random Acts of your own.

'Now, at last, the secret to a happier world! You have the power to make it a nicer place! All over the planet, thousands of people just like you are performing Random Acts of Kindness for complete strangers- Buy an old lady a hat! Give a policeman a helium balloon! Pat a dog! Hand a stranger your umbrella! Applaud a lady who's clearly made an effort! This book contains 365 real Random Acts of Kindness real people have done for real strangers- so read it, learn it, and start making your world the nicer place, today!'

• whu
    • By whu 28th Mar 11, 3:39 PM
    • 22,725 Posts
    • 60,620 Thanks
    whu

Do you have some monetary relationship with the publishers
    Keep the Faith
  • Sublime
    http://www.randomhouse.co.uk/catalog/book.htm?command=Search&db=main.txt&eqisbndata=009 1901758

In his bestselling book Join Me, Danny Wallace instructs his legions of followers to perform a 'Random Act of Kindness' every Friday. As a result, his thousands of followers (dubbed the Karma Army), without warning, made people happier the length and breadth of the country. Now in Random Acts of Kindness Danny and the gang bring you a hilarious, well-meaning book to encourage you to perform Random Acts of your own.

'Now, at last, the secret to a happier world! You have the power to make it a nicer place! All over the planet, thousands of people just like you are performing Random Acts of Kindness for complete strangers- Buy an old lady a hat! Give a policeman a helium balloon! Pat a dog! Hand a stranger your umbrella! Applaud a lady who's clearly made an effort! This book contains 365 real Random Acts of Kindness real people have done for real strangers- so read it, learn it, and start making your world the nicer place, today!'

Originally posted by LandyAndy
    Thanks for the link. Looks interesting. Its currently for sale at Amazon for 3.49, for those who want to buy.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

648Posts Today

6,151Users online

Martin's Twitter