Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stclair
    • By stclair 21st Oct 10, 8:32 PM
    • 6,530Posts
    • 3,468Thanks
    stclair
    What Time Does The Banks Systems Update
    • 21st Oct 10, 8:32 PM
    What Time Does The Banks Systems Update 21st Oct 10 at 8:32 PM
    I just wondered if anyone could shed any light at what times banks systems update for BACS credits etc.

I know Natwest/RBS is at about 02.30am in the morning Monday - Friday

What about the other banks?
    Last edited by stclair; 21-10-2010 at 8:48 PM.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
Page 2
    • Dollardog
    • By Dollardog 20th Feb 12, 2:59 AM
    • 1,755 Posts
    • 2,877 Thanks
    Dollardog
    Why on earth does the time of day (night) that the banks update their systems matter?

Their hours, days, weeks and months are all the same length, so you will still spend the money.
    Originally posted by withabix
    It can actually make quite a difference if you have direct debits coming out of the account the same day that money is going in.
    I have had my direct debits taken out, or the attempt made to take them out, before my BACS payments went in, when there wasn't enough in to cover them without the BACS payment.
    • 1Amigo
    • By 1Amigo 20th Feb 12, 11:05 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    1Amigo
    If the banks all update their systems at different times, would it not be possible to transfer your funds between accounts? For example at 11.30pm transfer to to Bank A then later once that bank has updated its system to bank B etc, up to the faster payment limit every evening to gain interest from multiple accounts each day?
    • username
    • By username 20th Feb 12, 11:47 AM
    • 435 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    username
    Does anyone know what time HSBC update their systems?
  • abcos
    Hey, I'm dto get paid on the 24th, which is today right? I'm with Lloyds TSB. What time will the money go into my account?!!
  • jpb77
    Santander seems to be at 11pm the day before the credit is due - for example, OH gets paid weekly each Friday. However, upon logging in at 11.30pm last night his money was in and was able to use his card online. A&L used to be anytime between 1am and 3am so this is a definite improvement - about the one thing Santander managed to get right
    Originally posted by Mrs_Ryan
    I bank with Santander and sometimes my salary showed up as early as 9pm the day before payday however, tonight it just went in at 01.20am - so I think it depends on the BACS system and how many people are being paid on the same day as you i.e. today payday before Christmas (peak times). So with my experience with Santander this can vary between 9pm - 1.20am. But I have checked before and my wages haven't showed up at 2am. So I would say between 9pm - 3am, but with my experience it's usually around or before midnight.
    Last edited by jpb77; 21-12-2012 at 12:39 AM.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • fiesta04
    • By fiesta04 21st Dec 12, 12:08 PM
    • 486 Posts
    • 292 Thanks
    fiesta04
    Why continue with a thread that has been dead for 7 months

oops I've just done the same

F4
    • Milarky
    • By Milarky 21st Dec 12, 4:46 PM
    • 6,291 Posts
    • 2,210 Thanks
    Milarky
    Why continue with a thread that has been dead for 7 months

oops I've just done the same

F4
    Originally posted by fiesta04
    It's the forum's fault really. There needs to be some way to signal that a thread is not actually a current one. Perhaps if threads were shown by #of posts in last [fixed period] -say [>10 in last week?]? That way the occasional thread like this that gets revived would only 'pop up' after that minimum # of fresh posts had been added.

You could make the ordering quite sophisticated but I don't think MSE is particularly interested or technically minded about things (otherwise many sensible changes would have appeared down the years and the current site wouldn't still look like (well) a 'bulletin board'!
    .....under construction....
  • Mattyorks2432
    Ybs update clears funds. What time do they update
    I have read the thread for funds that clear into bank accounts in the uk between 9pm to 3am. But I am wondering on ybs a building society and does it update with backs as bacs do end to end does that mean that my wage will clear around midnight as normally bacs does ?

Hopefully not 9am I'm pondering
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,214Posts Today

8,425Users online

Martin's Twitter