Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    alandbailey
    Another Tesco Massive Price Increase
    • 4th Oct 08, 5:32 PM
    Another Tesco Massive Price Increase 4th Oct 08 at 5:32 PM
    The Whitworths 500gm white sugar cubes which have been priced at 36p are now priced at 77p.
    Before there is a plethora of postings advising me thatthis is the way of retailing, I would point out that a) the SEL did not show it as a limited offer and b) Tesco appear to be funding its claim to be Britain's biggest discounter by discounting junk food but increasing the prices on some staples. Isn't that them being a bit hypocritical ?
    I am only posting this to inform other MSErs who may wish to go to their Tesco and see if they have any stock left at the lower price.
Page 38
  • TurnaroundSue
    Always bought tesco pasta sauce for 89p - went to buy it yesterday and it was up to 1.39 - no wonder their flipping profits are up by 10% on last year when they are just putting there costs up by such extorinate (sp?) amounts. Try not to shop there these days if I can help it - what rip off merchants - it's just legalised theft in my books

Rant over.
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying!
    • 1carminestocky
    • By 1carminestocky 22nd Apr 09, 9:16 PM
    • 6,450 Posts
    • 2,477 Thanks
    1carminestocky
    What's 'sharper promotions'? Is that the spike before the bogof? Sorry got a skeptical head on this morning.

So they're also going more into banking what happens when a supermarket this size goes pop? I think their size and scope should be limited both nationally and in towns and areas.
    Originally posted by A fiend for life

Maybe he meant 'practices' instead of 'promotions'?
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • A fiend for life
    Maybe he meant 'practices' instead of 'promotions'?
    Originally posted by 1carminestocky
    I've still got my skeptical head on. PR is often intended for both customers and shareholders and will mean different things to different stakeholders. Customer - "Your getting special offers" shareholder "we're making a killing and passing the benefits on to you".

This is revealing:

http://timharford.com/2005/10/go-figure-an-extract-from-the-undercover-economist-2/
    • chalkysoil
    • By chalkysoil 23rd Apr 09, 4:43 AM
    • 1,629 Posts
    • 4,804 Thanks
    chalkysoil
    I've still got my skeptical head on. PR is often intended for both customers and shareholders and will mean different things to different stakeholders. Customer - "Your getting special offers" shareholder "we're making a killing and passing the benefits on to you".

This is revealing:

http://timharford.com/2005/10/go-figure-an-extract-from-the-undercover-economist-2/
    Originally posted by A fiend for life
    thanks - that's a good read
  • stamford
    If anyone's interested I've started a similar thread on Asda price hikes here

Forget "Roll Backs" - Asda Price Hikes

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1636035
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 28th Apr 09, 8:29 AM
    • 2,104 Posts
    • 922 Thanks
    nickcc
    Tesco value whisky 7.83 couple weeks ago now 9.29. Could understand if quality had changed but exactly same product.
  • Yasmine1984
    Halal chicken is up from 2.58 to 3.69 overnight!
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 28th Apr 09, 4:31 PM
    • 2,104 Posts
    • 922 Thanks
    nickcc
    Halal chicken is up from 2.58 to 3.69 overnight!
    Originally posted by Yasmine1984
    Thought Robin Hood was fictional, seems not.
    • mum26
    • By mum26 28th Apr 09, 6:58 PM
    • 1,475 Posts
    • 1,458 Thanks
    mum26
    I noticed Fairy power spray up to 3.50 yesterday, I've never seen this more that 2.99 before!
    • Ezmondino
    • By Ezmondino 7th Jul 11, 11:45 AM
    • 399 Posts
    • 352 Thanks
    Ezmondino
    Tesco 100g cat food trays.
    Were 19p for over 6 months. Now suddenly gone up to 29p!
    And the real cheek is that they say the Ham/Chicken was 35p, now reduced to 29p!

Never been 35p at my store, perhaps they had it at that price in one shop in the middle of nowwhere.

Do they think we can't read and won't notice!
    The economy toilet roll went up, although they are bigger, but in this case the packet size is exactly the same!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

86Posts Today

1,513Users online

Martin's Twitter