Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Emmaharris
    • By Emmaharris 20th Jun 17, 2:23 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Emmaharris
    Flight claims company sending threatening letters
    • 20th Jun 17, 2:23 PM
    Flight claims company sending threatening letters 20th Jun 17 at 2:23 PM
    Hi,
    Hoping I've posted this in the right place, if not, apologies.
    Bit of a complicated one. On return of a holiday to Costa Rica with Thompson we were told we were entitled to claim for a delay. Unfortunately although my stepmum was told to wait until we did it for her she went online and added all flight details to an online claims company she came across. ( Flight delay claims team. Based in Northants )
    She filled in most info then they asked her to fill in a power of attorney form and she decided not to carry on online. She received an email saying thanks for signing up with us and called them a couple of weeks later to say she didn't want to go ahead as it was being dealt with by my brother. On the phone they said that was ok and that would be the end of it. Fast forward to recent weeks and she is recieving letters saying she owes them nearly £1600 for ignored reminders, the work they did processing the claim etc. The are adding interest daily and adding charges for random stuff and I have no idea what to do next. They won't discuss over the phone and say they don't take phone calls. Have emailed and they are pretty much saying tough luck pay up.
    She hasn't heard anything from Thompson regarding the compensation but the two other people that claimed together officially with Thompson have had their money back already. ( no one knew she'd put any details in online as we all did ours with resolver )
    It's all a mess and we have no clue how to sort it!
    Any help or advice would be great.
    Thank you.
Page 30
    • Aneisha13
    • By Aneisha13 22nd Aug 19, 7:48 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Aneisha13
    Hi @nothappy i hope the preparation is going ok. Honestly, you need a water tight case. There is videos on you tube and plenty on these guys. Take everything you can with you. Frame your answers in the way the judge understands. You don't need to prove everything but the ones that count. Good luck!!
    • JAM2018
    • By JAM2018 23rd Aug 19, 5:59 AM
    • 107 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    JAM2018
    Court Case
    Aneisha13

Well done, it must have been a lot of hard work and stress, but you did it. The judge believed you. It really helps others to hear that you don't have to pay this dodgy company, for work that they didn't do.

It's over, now enjoy the weekend., you have earned it.

Jo
    • Aneisha13
    • By Aneisha13 24th Aug 19, 6:08 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Aneisha13
    Thank you and yes it was but i'd do it all over again. It's a matter of principle and i knew this wasn't just about me. I can also see why some people don't fight too - it is just so wrong!
    • Not a happy bunny either
    • By Not a happy bunny either 3rd Sep 19, 2:48 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Not a happy bunny either
    Letís take it from the top!
    I have heard nothing from DCBL for three months now,but have been receiving weird text messages from FDCT,I get the feeling they are going to invoice me again which would be absurd as I already have an invoice for £119.80 and debt collection letters for nearly £900.Obviously they will have to fake my signature again but I do think they will take another run at it.This is just a case of having someoneís name and address and billing them for work they havnít done.They must feel they have made a mistake with the first invoice and now they want to try again.Everyone else has had court papers and I feel left out.I am pleased so many of you are getting positive results,I just feel this thread will have closed by the time I get my day in court.
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 3rd Sep 19, 3:25 PM
    • 1,124 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    legal magpie
    So, what's the problem? It sounds as if they have accepted your arguments and have given up. In which case, that's good. On the other hand if you pull a tiger's tail there's a fair chance you'll get bitten.
    • Hello001
    • By Hello001 9th Sep 19, 12:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hello001
    Another victim....
    Hello

My parents too have been targeted by FDCT and I am dealing with this on their behalf. It is reassuring to know that the action I have taken so far is what is being recommended. My parents too only made an enquiry on the website and did not consent to them taking the enquiry forward, yet somehow they have magically managed to get signatures from both my parents and grandfather. They have received threatening phone calls, final demands and a further demand from DCBL. I have been in touch with Trading Standards and filled out the questionnaire and have just received the information from FDCT after submitting a SAR. I am just in the process of sending FDCT a letter to clearly state that we did enter into a contract, we merely made an enquiry. After reading all the reviews I fully expect it to get to the court stage. I was just wondering davexmas whether you could send me a copy of your defence to help my parents defend their case.

Kind regards
    Hello001
    Last edited by Hello001; 09-09-2019 at 4:27 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
    • Mccaffs
    • By Mccaffs 10th Sep 19, 12:42 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Mccaffs
    After having had FDCT's case against me struck out by a judge at Liverpool court a few months ago I was dumbfounded to receive a recorded delivery letter yesterday from FDCT requesting I send them all the details of my delayed flight and the passengers in my party as they've "been requesting this for quite some time"....

WTF!!!!!!!!
    Can they actually be serious????

Does anyone have any idea what they're playing at? Could it be an admin error and amongst the hundreds of people they're attempting to scam they've maybe missed the fact they took court precedings against me and it was struck out. Or are they maybe chancing their arm with a brand new claim for the old case hoping they can wear me down and I'll just pay up?

I'm inclined to believe it's an admin error but what should i do next? Contact them directly and remind them of the claim bring struck out should I report them to the court for contempt of court?...is that even what this is?

Anyone any ideas? I thought this was all over months ago
    • JPears
    • By JPears 10th Sep 19, 12:47 PM
    • 4,785 Posts
    • 1,298 Thanks
    JPears
    I would be inclined to send a neutral leter back, pointing out their admin error, with a copy of the court decision and that you demand removal of all of your data from their database and files with immediate efect.
    If they persist, throw as SAR at them.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • JAM2018
    • By JAM2018 10th Sep 19, 4:36 PM
    • 107 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    JAM2018
    Fdct
    I can't quite believe FDCT are sending you recorded delivery letters asking for information, after the court case was thrown out. If you haven't done so already, get in touch with Northampton Trading Standards and let them know what happened. It is quite baffling the way that FDCT run their business.
    • Davexmas
    • By Davexmas 10th Sep 19, 6:41 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Davexmas
    Hi there
    Have just seen your post.......yes no problem. Send me your email address and i w
    Ill send you my witness statenent.
    • Bogeyman69
    • By Bogeyman69 12th Sep 19, 6:10 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bogeyman69
    Fdct
    I have set up a new website to collate information please go to FDCT but remove the dot com and apply .uk

as in flightdelayclaimsteam then add dot uk

I am in contact with all of the regulatory authorities who are extremely keen to receive more evidence
    • Sue3
    • By Sue3 20th Sep 19, 10:03 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sue3
    Fdct
    Also received email invoice for work not done. Only made enquiry on their website which I now realise was big mistake. Replied saying no contract was entered into but expect further invoices. Could you advise how to respond to them in future. Thank you
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 20th Sep 19, 11:07 AM
    • 1,124 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Sue, just keep saying the same thing. Be polite, professional but firm. Don't get abusive. Ensure that you keep copies of everything and if they phone you keep a record of phone calls. If they start getting heavy, make a formal complaint to Northamptonshire Trading Standards who have been investigating this company for ages.
    • Sue3
    • By Sue3 20th Sep 19, 12:52 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sue3
    Thank you. Will do as you suggest. Northampton trading standards seem to put you through to CAB perhaps best to write to them
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 20th Sep 19, 4:02 PM
    • 1,124 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    legal magpie
    No, don't bother with CAB. They will give you advice but hopefully you will get all the advice you need here. Trading Standards are supposed to be carrying out an investigation into this company.
    • THE.TRAVELLER
    • By THE.TRAVELLER 25th Sep 19, 3:09 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    THE.TRAVELLER
    And I am another one who's fallen into the trap!!
    Only made an enquiry and bills started to arrive via email. Ive been in touch with Trading Standards and filled out the questionnaire. Also I contacted CAB.
    I told them in a recorded letter that 'They did NOT supply me with Consumer Contract Regulations 2013' which would then give me a 14 day cooling off period. and as they failed to do this I now have 12 months and 14 days cooling off period. Obviously they say they did...I say they didn't....
    I only made an online enquiry and it ends up like this.
    I am most certainly going to take this all the way and see them in court to defend myself.
    My question to any expert reading is....
    Can I take along to the court proof, ie print outs from this forum, that this is happening to thousands of people and its a blatent scam?
    What other defence can I take to court.
    Also I will be contacting Action Fraud, The financial onbudsman and Anna Sims at the Guardian Newspaper.
    Any help gratefully received....Thank you
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 25th Sep 19, 4:16 PM
    • 1,124 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    legal magpie
    What stage is your case at?
    • THE.TRAVELLER
    • By THE.TRAVELLER 25th Sep 19, 4:31 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    THE.TRAVELLER
    I am receiving invoices that are getting larger.
    I have wrote to them recorded delivery informing them that they did not send me consumer details re cooling off period of 14 days. They say they did send it to me but they most certainly did not.
    I only did an online enquiry to see if I was in fact due any compensation. I did not give them all the details of my flights so they couldn't go any further.
    I
    • THE.TRAVELLER
    • By THE.TRAVELLER 25th Sep 19, 4:59 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    THE.TRAVELLER
    I really want to know when it goes to court what should i take with me for my defence.
    I really would like the judge to know how this company operates and how they have conned other victims.
    I think im a few months off court just yet. I havnt even had solicitors or debt collector letters yet but i like to be ready.
    • JAM2018
    • By JAM2018 25th Sep 19, 6:50 PM
    • 107 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    JAM2018
    Fdct
    Hello,

I would be happy to have a quick chat with you and give you some pointers to deal with this terrible company.

FDCT sent many many emails, letters and issued court papers, in an effort to extort money out of us, for just making an enquiry. In the end, after 8 months, FDCT cancel the court case, knowing that they couldn't win. They had also double booked themselves at court, same time and date but two different parts of the country.

Happy to help if I can.

Kind regards
    Jo
    Last edited by JAM2018; 25-09-2019 at 6:51 PM. Reason: Amended text
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

305Posts Today

3,480Users online

Martin's Twitter