Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Frank99
    • By Frank99 19th Sep 19, 4:27 PM
    • 281Posts
    • 25Thanks
    Frank99
    Channel Drain Grate Bending?
    • 19th Sep 19, 4:27 PM
    Channel Drain Grate Bending? 19th Sep 19 at 4:27 PM
    The grate on my recently installed channel drain is warping or bending in the hot sunshine!

I was told before getting this drain that it was a choice between the plastic grate or metal grate versions, i was told that the metal versions can rust over time so opted for the plastic.

The bend is only slight and where the hottest sun hits so not a huge issue but disappointing all the same.
    I don't know if i could get a universal metal grate to replace it without taking the whole thing out or if anybody else has had issues of this nature.
    Enjoy everyday like it's your last!
Page 1
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 19th Sep 19, 7:21 PM
    • 3,961 Posts
    • 2,898 Thanks
    EssexExile
    • 19th Sep 19, 7:21 PM
    • 19th Sep 19, 7:21 PM
    And there's me with a metal grate wishing I'd gone with plastic as the holes are smaller & might stop the leaves getting in!
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
    • Frank99
    • By Frank99 20th Sep 19, 2:22 PM
    • 281 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Frank99
    • 20th Sep 19, 2:22 PM
    • 20th Sep 19, 2:22 PM
    And there's me with a metal grate wishing I'd gone with plastic as the holes are smaller & might stop the leaves getting in!
    Originally posted by EssexExile
    I suppose they both have downsides, the holes do seem smaller on the plastic but never thought about the leaves problem now autumn is coming.
    Enjoy everyday like it's your last!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,724Posts Today

7,883Users online

Martin's Twitter