Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • francismay
    • By francismay 16th Aug 19, 9:46 PM
    • 70Posts
    • 7Thanks
    francismay
    TSB 75 with 2 Direct Debits
    • 16th Aug 19, 9:46 PM
    TSB 75 with 2 Direct Debits 16th Aug 19 at 9:46 PM
    Hi,

1. For TSB Classic Plus Account, in order to get 3% AER on up to 1,500. I need to pay in minimum 500 per month, and register for paperless statement and paperless correspondece. Do I need to maintain my 2 active Direct Debits that I setup for the "Refer a Friend, 75" or Do I need to have 2 direct debit in my Classical Plus current account in order to get the 3% on my 1,500.

2. I am having TSB classical Plus and I introduce my housemate to join TSB using my referral link. In order to me and my friend both get 75, do I need to have 2 active direct debits in my account in order to get the 75 (provided that my friend had done all the requirement?)

I want to change my direct debits to Barclays Blue Rewards.

Page 1
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th Aug 19, 9:40 PM
    • 67,099 Posts
    • 303,875 Thanks
    beanielou
    • 17th Aug 19, 9:40 PM
    • 17th Aug 19, 9:40 PM
    https://www.tsb.co.uk/recommend-friend/

Does this help?
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14. MFW. 17 months to mortgage freedom.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 18th Aug 19, 9:13 AM
    • 7,083 Posts
    • 5,339 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 18th Aug 19, 9:13 AM
    • 18th Aug 19, 9:13 AM
    Your post is not very clear.
    Do you mean these two scenarios.

1 you were recommended as a friend so had to set up DDs to get the 75 along with the friend who recommended you

Now you want to know how long you have to keep the DDs on that account?

2 you now want to refer a friend to get 75 each

You do not need to have DDs set up to refer a friend and get the 75. Your friend has to have the DDs.
    • francismay
    • By francismay 18th Aug 19, 9:27 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    francismay
    • 18th Aug 19, 9:27 PM
    • 18th Aug 19, 9:27 PM
    Your post is not very clear.
    Do you mean these two scenarios.

1 you were recommended as a friend so had to set up DDs to get the 75 along with the friend who recommended you

Now you want to know how long you have to keep the DDs on that account?

2 you now want to refer a friend to get 75 each

You do not need to have DDs set up to refer a friend and get the 75. Your friend has to have the DDs.
    Originally posted by sheramber

Yes, correct. How long should I keep the DDs in my account? I already received my 75 when i join TSB using my friend referral.
    • PRAISETHESUN
    • By PRAISETHESUN 19th Aug 19, 10:44 AM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    PRAISETHESUN
    • 19th Aug 19, 10:44 AM
    • 19th Aug 19, 10:44 AM
    Once the referral bonus has been paid there is no need to retain the DDs on your account. You can move them away as desired.
    • stehouk
    • By stehouk 19th Aug 19, 4:38 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 125 Thanks
    stehouk
    • 19th Aug 19, 4:38 PM
    • 19th Aug 19, 4:38 PM
    Does anyone know if this works the same as nationwide ? ie: i open an account without switching, i then recommend o/h who switches we both get 75, my wife then recommends me and i switch and both get 75 ?
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 19th Aug 19, 5:17 PM
    • 30,977 Posts
    • 18,989 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    • 19th Aug 19, 5:17 PM
    • 19th Aug 19, 5:17 PM
    Does anyone know if this works the same as nationwide ? ie: i open an account without switching, i then recommend o/h who switches we both get 75, my wife then recommends me and i switch and both get 75 ?
    Originally posted by stehouk
    There's been a link helpfully provided above in post #2, which asks the question "does this help?" I think it does. Maybe check it out and see if you agree?
    • PRAISETHESUN
    • By PRAISETHESUN 20th Aug 19, 7:46 AM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    PRAISETHESUN
    • 20th Aug 19, 7:46 AM
    • 20th Aug 19, 7:46 AM
    Originally posted by stehouk
    As per the very helpful link above, no it does not work the same as Nationwide. The person being referred has to use the referral link to apply for and open a TSB account. The terms also clearly state that you cannot hold a TSB account at the time of being referred.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,446Posts Today

7,881Users online

Martin's Twitter