Cheap Airport Parking Discussion

Comments

• andyca
    andyca Posts: 163
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I had the same query and holidayextras customer support informed me the discount code applies to only non BAA parking. If you have selected a BAA business short term or long term parking option there will be nowhere to apply this code as the prices are fixed by BAA and holidayextras cannot apply any further discounts. :(

Would be nice to update the MSE page to reflect this, or have the box available on the HE payment page but explaining that codes will not be applied and why.

andyca
  • dekkard
    dekkard Posts: 228
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I've been looking for cheap parking options for Bournemouth airport.

I don't live far away from the airport but the public transport options are limited (shuttle bus service ends at 7pm for example).

There don't seem to be any commercial parking alternatives but I've now booked a space with someone who rents spaces on their own private property. I found the details on this site: www.parkatmyhouse.co.uk

Hope this helps someone else...
  • barnabee
    barnabee Posts: 1,210
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Cardiff Airport has changed the way it charges for onsite car parking. From 1st January 2011 it will be cheaper to turn up and pay at the gate rather than pre booking.

Full details click here

I have run a few test cases and it is working out about 15% cheaper not to pre book onsite at the mo. However, it may still be cheaper to check quotes from some of the local off site parking providers.
  • I've been travelling out weekly through Heathrow for most of the last 9 months and with frequent trips to India as well I've had more than my fair share of using the airport parking companies at Heathrow.
    First of all to say that a lot of the companies are available via the cashback sites, 10-12% through TopCashBack or Quidco so that's easy money to make.
    As I've been travelling on business I have almost always used the Valet Parking services as I'm slightly less precious about the cost and I don't want to put up with the wait afterwards.
    My experiences briefly are:
    - BAA short stay at terminal 1 is fantastic value if you're staying for 3-4 days. Quite often cheaper than the meet and greet services and over £100 cheaper than if I paid the normal ticket price
    - Purple Parking seem to have the best service, you never wait for them to arrive, they are always there to meet you on time, but conversely they are the most expensive valet service
    - Sometimes you see "Budget parking" advertised as a company, this is sometimes Purple Parking in disguise so you get the same service @ lower cost
    - Generally dropping the car off is quite hassle free and rarely have I had to wait for the driver to arrive. This seems to be regardless of company
    - Conversely collecting the car can sometimes be a pain. They always tell you to phone when you have collected your bags on arrival; I almost always phone when I get off the plane as otherwise you can end up waiting 10-15 minutes for them to arrive
    - The service is much of a muchness across the companies. SkyParkSecure is my current preferred vendor but I've tried APH, Park and Go (did have to wait for them a few times), SecurePark, MBW, etc.
    I'd be happier on holiday in Brittany than being at work !
  • Twiggy_34
    Twiggy_34 Posts: 685 Forumite
    edited 1 April 2011 at 4:16PM
    I was just wondering if anyone out there has successfully received a refund from Holiday Extra's (HE's) best price guarantee? I booked parking through them lastnight for our local airport and while trying to find information about the airports rules with regard to delayed flights etc came across another site where I thought I'd see if they could beat HE's price. The new quote is for the exact like for like product and I was rewarded with a price £2 cheaper.

I had to wait until HE's offices were open today to put in a claim using their best price guarantee, but because the the competition has since increased their price they have refused my claim:
    Thank you for contacting us regarding your booking.

I have reviewed your query and unfortunately we are unable to offer a refund in this instance.

This is because we have been unable to find the quoted price of £42.99.

Thank you once again for booking with Holiday Extras.

I have responded to their customer service team questioning the validity of their refusal. Fortunately I had the insight to print all the quote screens (right up to the point at which I would have had to pay) to pdf as proof of the price quoted and am currently waiting to hear back as to whether they will accept this proof and therefore accept my claim.

My guess is that they're counting on price fluctuations and customers being unable to prove if they found a cheaper price or not.

UPDATE: Had a call at lunchtime today, they've now accepted my 'price match' and say they will refund my £45 once we've returned from holiday. Bonus :T
    £12k in 2019 #084 £3000/£3000
    £2 Savers Club 2019 #18 TOTAL:£394 (2013-2018 = £1542)
  • Munro_Bagger
    Munro_Bagger Posts: 251
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello fellow MoneySavers!

I'd really appreciate some advice on parking at Edinburgh Airport. This is the first time I'm flying from there, and the first time I need to park my car! I'm travelling up from Newcastle, but because of the flight times, trains and buses in both directions are not possible.

I've searched the web and found a few good deals for 3-days parking in May, hovering around £17-£18.
    However, because I've read some horror stories about vehicles being moved after they've been parked, I'm specifically looking for a self-park option, where I can take the keys away with me!

Can anyone recommend a long stay self-park car park, that's easy to locate and has a reliable transfer service?
    In particular, as anyone ever used the Edinburgh Long Stay airport car park? Their "supersaver offer" is currently very reasonable, and I was thinking of going with it (although it doesn't state 'self-park).

Finally, has anyone ever been held rigidly to the book-in times? I'm a bit worried because I'm travelling a fair distance, and despite my best efforts, I could arrive half and hour early (or late) due to traffic.

Many thanks!! :)
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello fellow MoneySavers!

I'd really appreciate some advice on parking at Edinburgh Airport. This is the first time I'm flying from there, and the first time I need to park my car! I'm travelling up from Newcastle, but because of the flight times, trains and buses in both directions are not possible.

I've searched the web and found a few good deals for 3-days parking in May, hovering around £17-£18.
    However, because I've read some horror stories about vehicles being moved after they've been parked, I'm specifically looking for a self-park option, where I can take the keys away with me!

Can anyone recommend a long stay self-park car park, that's easy to locate and has a reliable transfer service?
    In particular, as anyone ever used the Edinburgh Long Stay airport car park? Their "supersaver offer" is currently very reasonable, and I was thinking of going with it (although it doesn't state 'self-park).

Finally, has anyone ever been held rigidly to the book-in times? I'm a bit worried because I'm travelling a fair distance, and despite my best efforts, I could arrive half and hour early (or late) due to traffic.

Many thanks!! :)
    You may get a better response on the thread entitled...
    Cheap Airport Parking: Edinburgh Airport hints, tips and local parking
  • Munro_Bagger
    Munro_Bagger Posts: 251
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Many thanks Wealdroam
  • Hi
    I can recommend a site for cheap airport parking, try

c-a-p.co.uk

cheers
  • I recently flew from stanstead and used parkandgo.co.uk to arrange valet parking. It was very cheap (less than the long stay car park) and I found a voucher code on my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to get another 7% off. They recently emailed me offering 10% off over easter with the following code: EASTER10.

They offered a very good service, with a guy waiting to collect the car when we got there and a quick phone call to bring the car back when we arrived back.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback