Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 44
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 4th Mar 13, 5:19 PM
    • 1,330 Posts
    • 1,627 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    So is my best bet simply to change my address with the bank, wait til Equifax recognises this, then try again with O2?
    • sfax
    • By sfax 4th Mar 13, 7:11 PM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    So is my best bet simply to change my address with the bank, wait til Equifax recognises this, then try again with O2?
    Originally posted by Chickabiddybex
    Yes (I assume you know O2 search only Equifax?). I would do this for all your credit agreements and make sure all 3 CRAs are updated before applying. If you get rejected again then wait 6 months as you might be getting rejected for having too many searches
  • Squeaky91
    Hi, looking for some advice i'm 21, got a student/graduate credit card (pays off in full via direct debit only buy if i have the money) am on the electoral roll but no credit report (online, not yet tried via post but will get round to it dependent on advice) presuming i have not had enough credit to have a credit report. I was the solely named person on the bills during university but obviously these were at a different address, i was on the electoral roll (received a card to vote anyway) whilst at that address and was wondering if there was a way to get these linked up in some way, if that makes sense. and any advice on building up a credit report. am thinking of buying something from argos n getting an argos card to build up my report a bit but then don't want them to reject me due to a lack of report =S. any help would be gratefully received.
    • sfax
    • By sfax 5th Mar 13, 8:51 PM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    Hi, looking for some advice i'm 21, got a student/graduate credit card (pays off in full via direct debit only buy if i have the money) am on the electoral roll but no credit report (online, not yet tried via post but will get round to it dependent on advice) presuming i have not had enough credit to have a credit report. I was the solely named person on the bills during university but obviously these were at a different address, i was on the electoral roll (received a card to vote anyway) whilst at that address and was wondering if there was a way to get these linked up in some way, if that makes sense. and any advice on building up a credit report. am thinking of buying something from argos n getting an argos card to build up my report a bit but then don't want them to reject me due to a lack of report =S. any help would be gratefully received.
    Originally posted by Squeaky91
    You will have a credit report. Apply for your £2 statutory report from Experian and Equifax. Download a form and apply by post if they can't validate you online

Also see http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/bad-credit-credit-cards for cards for people with no credit history. E.g. Aqua
    • zolablue25
    • By zolablue25 13th Mar 13, 10:28 AM
    • 1,632 Posts
    • 473 Thanks
    zolablue25
    Hi

Not sure whetehr this is the correct thread or not for this query, so apologies if I have got it wrong. I signed up for the free trial of the Experian Credit Expert service and I wonder whether anyone else that has done this knows how to cancel the service so I don't get charged the £14 monthly fee.

Cheers

Edit: Actually managed to find the info earlier in this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience
    Last edited by zolablue25; 13-03-2013 at 10:32 AM.
    • knack92
    • By knack92 20th Mar 13, 5:51 AM
    • 455 Posts
    • 210 Thanks
    knack92
    Is it ok that my equifax credit report shows my house number but not my street name? Seems a bit odd to me!

Thanks
  • Phill Anderson
    Can anybody help me i am trying to cancel experian credit report and cannot find how or where to do it.
    thanks jean
    Originally posted by betyboop
    You can do this on your own by clicking on the "site map" link of Experiandirect website. On the left side of the sitemap page, "FreeCreditReport" is being mention. On it subsection labeled "Frequently Asked Questions" is there. Click the FAQ link and about a 1/3 of the way down the page there is a query mentioning "How do I Cancel my Membership?". This should give you the information you need.
    • sfax
    • By sfax 28th Mar 13, 9:56 AM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    hi
    friends........................................... .................................................. ........
    Hello, how lovely, thanks for that little greeting, I think this site will help me
    thankxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Originally posted by steevennsmithh
    No, no-one can help you. Reported
  • shoreham
    National Hunter
    Following advice on website I recently applied for information held by National Hunter only to get a nil response, this suprised me as I hold mortgage and average of 5 credit cards owing approx 15,000 (money is in an ISA), I did a noddle report and that ran for 20 pages, should I challenge?
  • LucysMum
    Ex has falsly obtained my credit report?
    Hi all, 1st time poster here, be gentle! Ive been told by a good friend that my ex has obtained a credit report of my financial details, he has most of the information he'd need, except maybe the exact dates I was in my last house. Is this possible for him to do and should I be worried about it? Can I find out if he has? If I apply for a credit report (Ive never done this before) and he has done so already will mine be denied if I put some different details in (like dates of when I was in the last house)?
    Thanks,
    LucysMumx
  • Dr_Cuckoo3
    Can I find out if he has? If I apply for a credit report (Ive never done this before) and he has done so already will mine be denied
    Originally posted by LucysMum
    The search should show up

Yours is unlikely to be denied - but if it is then use a free trial to one of the Credit Reference Agency products and send a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman (as the paid for products are covered by the FOS)
    Hi, weíve had to remove your signature. If youíre not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if youíre still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • bruceingram1958
    All Americans are entitled to get a free credit report every year. For those who want their credit reports, they can initiate the request in one of the following ways:

Visit the site of Annual Credit Report, which is the only authorized source for consumers to access their annual credit report online for free.

- By phone:
    This is also another way to get your credit report. Just look for the number of authorized agencies who are giving credit reports.

- By mail:
    You can also request through mail by completing the form on the back of the Annual Credit Report Request brochure. Then, mail it to Annual Credit Report Request Service.
    • jamesd
    • By jamesd 5th Apr 13, 9:46 PM
    • 23,514 Posts
    • 15,841 Thanks
    jamesd
    Following advice on website I recently applied for information held by National Hunter only to get a nil response, this suprised me as I hold mortgage and average of 5 credit cards owing approx 15,000 (money is in an ISA), I did a noddle report and that ran for 20 pages, should I challenge?
    Originally posted by shoreham
    National Hunter holds details of applications made. It's used to check for inconsistencies between claims made on applications to different companies. If you haven't made any applications in the last year or two it won't have any information about you. I forget their exact data retention period, my memory is telling me it's fairly short but if someone corrects that year or two, go with the correction.
    • Herbalus
    • By Herbalus 8th Apr 13, 4:53 PM
    • 2,374 Posts
    • 2,083 Thanks
    Herbalus
    Does anyone know how long Noddle will leave you locked out for online? It transpires pressing the back button on your browser also has the effect of attempting a password, and I'd already attempted it twice before realising Noddle require a capital letter in their password (I forget every time). They told me to email them to unblock my account, but I haven't heard a word from them yet...
    • Herbalus
    • By Herbalus 10th Apr 13, 7:06 PM
    • 2,374 Posts
    • 2,083 Thanks
    Herbalus
    Turns out it's 3 days before noddle email you back...
  • jadecarter
    Didn't you register for an online banking?
  • unexperiencedsaver
    should my employer be listed on my credit report?
    I have just got my first credit report from Equifax (the £2 statutory one). It doesn't mention my employment details anywhere. Is that normal? I feel like it would be important to lenders to know I'm full-time employed and have been for some time.
  • tr0y96
    thank you
    it helped me
    • sfax
    • By sfax 4th May 13, 7:56 AM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    I have just got my first credit report from Equifax (the £2 statutory one). It doesn't mention my employment details anywhere. Is that normal? I feel like it would be important to lenders to know I'm full-time employed and have been for some time.
    Originally posted by unexperiencedsaver
    Your employment details are not on your credit report. Your income is important to lenders but they get this information directly from you and have a right to check it's accurate
  • Laura Figel
    Apparently there is a service that offers you your credit information from the 3 CRA's simultaneously for approx £70 and with an initial free trial period.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

27Posts Today

4,471Users online

Martin's Twitter