Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 43
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 1st Mar 13, 12:02 AM
    • 1,330 Posts
    • 1,627 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    I tried to get my credit score with Equifax and at the last stage said they can't proceed because my card isn't registered to my current address. I really need to check it though! Anyone know how?
    • sfax
    • By sfax 1st Mar 13, 6:49 AM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    I tried to get my credit score with Equifax and at the last stage said they can't proceed because my card isn't registered to my current address. I really need to check it though! Anyone know how?
    Originally posted by Chickabiddybex
    Google Experian. Click 2 Statutory Report. Click Order by Post. Download and complete application form. You won't need a card registered to the same address to pay but it's slow and they may need extra ID

You don't need your score. No-one does as it's irrelevant. All you need is your report

If you're trying to find out your score because you've been declined credit, the fact your card isn't registered to your current address is a big negative. If you've moved recently, forget applying for anything until you're on the electoral roll and Experian and Equifax both show this
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 1st Mar 13, 9:53 AM
    • 1,330 Posts
    • 1,627 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    I'm on the electoral roll and I've lived here 2 years.

Unfortunately it NEEDS to be Equifax because I suspect they have incorrect information about me.
    • sfax
    • By sfax 1st Mar 13, 10:45 AM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    I'm on the electoral roll and I've lived here 2 years.

Unfortunately it NEEDS to be Equifax because I suspect they have incorrect information about me.
    So why is your card registered somewhere else?

Same applies to Equifax. Apply for your £2 statutory report by post from them. No need for card address checks. The checks are for online viewing where you need extra security because your report isn't being sent to your home address
  • analyst
    Noddle is no doddle
    I've been trying to sign up with Noddle for a "free for life credit report" for about 10 or 11 days now. Any suggestions on how to do it, because all I get every time is this:

A free for life credit report isn't much good if you have to spend your whole life just trying to get it.
    The bankers stole my pension (and everyone else's). It should have earned a lot of money, but they took their bonus pot first.
    • sfax
    • By sfax 1st Mar 13, 11:06 AM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    I've been trying to sign up with Noddle for a "free for life credit report" for about 10 or 11 days now. Any suggestions on how to do it, because all I get every time is this:

A free for life credit report isn't much good if you have to spend your whole life just trying to get it.
    Originally posted by analyst
    I got this with my Halifax credit card but when I switched to my bank Visa Delta card, it worked. Noddle can't verify some cards and they won't provide the report without identifying you using a card
  • analyst
    OK, this time tried my Visa/Delta debit card and it worked . . . or so I thought!!!

No verification email has been sent, despite their sign-up page saying it had, so I am still up a blind alley.
    The bankers stole my pension (and everyone else's). It should have earned a lot of money, but they took their bonus pot first.
    • sfax
    • By sfax 1st Mar 13, 12:20 PM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    OK, this time tried my Visa/Delta debit card and it worked . . . or so I thought!!!

No verification email has been sent, despite their sign-up page saying it had, so I am still up a blind alley.
    Originally posted by analyst
    From memory, the email wasn't instantaneous. You should get one from noreply@noddle.co.uk with a PIN
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 1st Mar 13, 1:43 PM
    • 1,330 Posts
    • 1,627 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    So why is your card registered somewhere else?

Same applies to Equifax. Apply for your £2 statutory report by post from them. No need for card address checks. The checks are for online viewing where you need extra security because your report isn't being sent to your home address
    Originally posted by sfax
    It's registered to my mums address because I don't think it is secure to have bank stuff delivered to rented accommodation due to security reasons. I know 2 people whose new cards and pins went to incorrect previous addresses. I'm paranoid now I guess! I only want to change adds when I have my own home.

If I get the £2 report will it give me info on what loans I've had etc? Equifax seem to think I took out a mortgage when I was 12 for some reason.
    • sfax
    • By sfax 1st Mar 13, 1:51 PM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    It's registered to my mums address because I don't think it is secure to have bank stuff delivered to rented accommodation due to security reasons. I know 2 people whose new cards and pins went to incorrect previous addresses. I'm paranoid now I guess! I only want to change adds when I have my own home.

If I get the £2 report will it give me info on what loans I've had etc? Equifax seem to think I took out a mortgage when I was 12 for some reason.
    That setup will create issues because your credit report will show agreements at an address that differs from the electoral roll. If a card or PIN goes missing, you're not liable providing you weren't negligent.

Your report should show all active and some closed accounts. Usually goes back up to 6 years
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 1st Mar 13, 5:35 PM
    • 1,330 Posts
    • 1,627 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    It never caused any problems with my credit rating in the past. It used to be good! It should be still. I just need to see the possible errors. I'll send off for that £2 report in the post, hope they don't mind the card I'm paying with isn't registered to the address it is being sent to!
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 1st Mar 13, 5:37 PM
    • 1,330 Posts
    • 1,627 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    No such luck "To speed up your application please use a credit card in your name and is billed to your current address."
    • sfax
    • By sfax 1st Mar 13, 6:21 PM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    No such luck "To speed up your application please use a credit card in your name and is billed to your current address."
    As I said already, you can't order online. Download the application form. You can pay with a cheque or postal order

http://www.equifax.co.uk/Products/credit/statutory-report.html
    • sfax
    • By sfax 1st Mar 13, 7:08 PM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    It never caused any problems with my credit rating in the past. It used to be good! It should be still. I just need to see the possible errors. I'll send off for that £2 report in the post, hope they don't mind the card I'm paying with isn't registered to the address it is being sent to!
    Refer to Improve Your Credit Score section, point 1:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/credit-rating-credit-score
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 2nd Mar 13, 3:10 PM
    • 1,330 Posts
    • 1,627 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    I checked my account with Noddle. I just lied and told them I move back to the address my card is registered with. I can see the same info it just doesn't have me on the electoral roll there.

There don't seem to be any mistakes at all - everything looks accurate. Is it possible Equifax will differ?

Equifax asked me about mortgages from 2001 and loans from 2007 when they were trying to verify my identity... I don't get it. Maybe I should just lie to them too and get my free trial and be done with it :/

Also, quick question, how long does it take for credit companies to see your bank balance? Is it instant or does it take up to 48hrs for example?
    • sfax
    • By sfax 4th Mar 13, 9:09 AM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    I checked my account with Noddle. I just lied and told them I move back to the address my card is registered with. I can see the same info it just doesn't have me on the electoral roll there.

There don't seem to be any mistakes at all - everything looks accurate. Is it possible Equifax will differ?

Equifax asked me about mortgages from 2001 and loans from 2007 when they were trying to verify my identity... I don't get it. Maybe I should just lie to them too and get my free trial and be done with it :/

Also, quick question, how long does it take for credit companies to see your bank balance? Is it instant or does it take up to 48hrs for example?
    CallCredit (Noddle) are independent of Experian and Equifax. You need to check all three.

Lenders supply information monthly so your Experian and Equifax can be up to a month out of date. Noddle is usually further behind
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 4th Mar 13, 1:27 PM
    • 1,330 Posts
    • 1,627 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    Ok so on Friday I tried to get a contract with O2 and they said I'd have to pay a £200 deposit if I want to go ahead. I decided to think about it and went online today to go ahead with it and now it has just rejected me all together! I'm gonna tear my hair out at this rate. What the hell is going on?

I checked my report with Equifax (and WOW what a difficult website layout!)
    I don't know if anyone is familiar with it but it has all these symbols and they're all green except the pound symbol. It's yellowish. I assume this means there's something bad in that section. I looked and there is one late payment from May 2011. Will that be enough to for somewhere to deny me credit?

Also, I have an overdraft available up to £1600 (I'm not overdrawn currently though) and a credit card for £500 (it's completely paid off though) could this be affecting my credit rating? The fact that its available?

I can't believe O2 don't think I can afford £22 per month. So ridiculous.
    • sfax
    • By sfax 4th Mar 13, 2:30 PM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    Ok so on Friday I tried to get a contract with O2 and they said I'd have to pay a £200 deposit if I want to go ahead. I decided to think about it and went online today to go ahead with it and now it has just rejected me all together! I'm gonna tear my hair out at this rate. What the hell is going on?

I checked my report with Equifax (and WOW what a difficult website layout!)
    I don't know if anyone is familiar with it but it has all these symbols and they're all green except the pound symbol. It's yellowish. I assume this means there's something bad in that section. I looked and there is one late payment from May 2011. Will that be enough to for somewhere to deny me credit?

Also, I have an overdraft available up to £1600 (I'm not overdrawn currently though) and a credit card for £500 (it's completely paid off though) could this be affecting my credit rating? The fact that its available?

I can't believe O2 don't think I can afford £22 per month. So ridiculous.
    If you used your current address, and it doesn't match the CRA electoral roll, I'm not at all surprised it was rejected.
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 4th Mar 13, 2:41 PM
    • 1,330 Posts
    • 1,627 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    But I AM on the electoral roll here!

And why would it accept me on Friday and reject me today? This is so stressful and confusing. I tried talking to O2 and all they say is they can't see my credit info (which I completely understand) and all Equifax tell me is "your credit is fine" (from what I can gather) so I just don't know what to do now. I wish I could go back in time to Friday and just pay the £200 deposit. I can't believe something could have changed in the mean time. Unless O2 looking at my report in the first place made them reject it.
    This is why letting computers do things on their own is a pain!! A person would realise it is reasonable to need to think about paying a deposit of £200. A person would not let the previous search count against me.

What a headache.
    • sfax
    • By sfax 4th Mar 13, 3:23 PM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    But I AM on the electoral roll here!
    But all of your credit agreements are at a different address according to what you've said earlier. This discrepancy doesn't go down well in my experience. As you've said, the credit agreements section appears as amber on your credit report. Amber is only a warning but this combined with too many searches could result in a rejection.

And why would it accept me on Friday and reject me today?
    Probably because today you had one more credit search than you did on Friday. If you have too many searches against you, it can have an adverse affect as it can indicate someone who is desperate to get credit. After 6 months they don't really count any more
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

326Posts Today

3,504Users online

Martin's Twitter