Mary Berry Christmas Cake Mix - Tesco's - NOW £2!!

Options

Comments

• pollsdolls
    pollsdolls Posts: 2,960 Forumite
    Options
    pollsdolls wrote: »
    Video & ingredients here, for christmas cake.
    Thanks to houseofpat. :T
    mazza245 wrote: »
    Can someone help me just get this straight - is it a different pack for the cupcakes or do you just make either a large cake or the cupcakes with the same mixture? We don't have a Tesco anywhere near us (can you believe it!) but we went 25 miles to one yesterday and they had the Mary Berry cake mix for £5 but OH wouldn't let me buy one - he said I could make it myself as I have recipes for christmas cake by the dozen. If the cupcake mix is a different pack, could someone kindly tell me what the amounts of each ingredient are and a vague idea of method so I can make them at least? Please? The only alternative is to go back the journey we took yesterday which is a pain when there's so much to do now!

TIA.

Recipe and method for Mary Berry spiced christmas cupcakes
    ~ What goes around comes around ~
  • pollsdolls
    Options
    Mazza, if you are going to buy the kit, here is a photo of the Christmas cake & cupcakes mix.

10ykzyd.jpg
  • pollsdolls
    Options
  • mazza245
    mazza245 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, so much, Polldolls and Mrs Mop. That's exactly what I needed. I am going to make those later! Saves me a 50 miles round trip as well!
  • deirdre42c
    Options
    Sorry if already posted but couldn't see same!

I picked up three of these today at £3 as they recived really good reviews on one of the morning shows!

Some stores still showing at £5 but ask them to check and price is reduced to £3:)
  • valk_scot
    valk_scot Posts: 5,290 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think I'll have to go and get another couple of these for the storecupboard, for just cake in the New Year. It's a really nice cake, moist and fruity and you don't have to put the marzipan and icing on, just use it as a normal HM fruit cake. I've bought several of these so far and made mini Christmas cakes for the school fair, one big one with double marzipan and icing for our own use and I'll make one with glace fruit on top for Hogmanay, I think. The kids like making marzipan dates and pigs for nibbles too, so that won't go to waste, and a bit of icing sugar mix can be used up any time. And Hubby does like fruit cake!
    Val.
  • Bev_B
    Bev_B Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    Pacha wrote: »
    Just wondering what the iceing is like as my hub doesnt like a hard icing but a more soft icing, i know some christmas cakes have a hard crispy icing, and if this kit is like that how can i make it softer, was years since i iced a cake like this ,

:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmassign:

I think the longer you leave the icing the harder it will get, mines been iced for a few days and although the icing isn't frosting soft it's definately not as hard as a shop bought iced cake.
  • jetty73
    jetty73 Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    I popped into tesco on the way home from work and got 3. one for my mom and 2 to make for work and the inlaws. Mom opened it up and looks like we will be back down there for more tonight - loads in stock still
  • PeedieKat
    Options
    Do you think these would be ok to keep and bake next year for xmas? Cant really think there would be anything in them that would matter too much if it was past the date as the fruit is soaked in alcohol so should keep?
    I had already made my xmas cakes for this year (I make ones for all the family for part of their xmas presents) but this would save me sooooooo much hassle and time next year :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure