How do I make a one off payment to Egg?

My Egg 0% deal is coming to an end this month. I have set up a DD for the full balance but I have seen a couple of posts on here referring to "one-off" payments to ensure the balance is cleared by the cut off.

How do you do this? Sorry if obvious :confused:
This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
© Tharweb 2006 :D

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Tharweb wrote:
    My Egg 0% deal is coming to an end this month. I have set up a DD for the full balance but I have seen a couple of posts on here referring to "one-off" payments to ensure the balance is cleared by the cut off.

How do you do this? Sorry if obvious :confused:
    Have you had a look in the "your accounts" area of the Egg web site? If you look down the left hand side of the screen under "move money" you will see "one-off payment". Selecting this brings up some drop down boxes. It looks like (I've not used this myself) you need to register your switch debit card and then pay with this. Alternatively, you could ring and make the payment over the phone.
  • Tharweb
    Tharweb Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks YorkshireBoy. I really need to study stuff a bit more, this is the second time (at least!) you've helped me out. I've actually applied for a Nat West card which I intend to BT the balance from my Egg card to, so the DD was a "bib and braces" thing anyway but having just read another post where the Egg DD hadn't gone through I'm a bit concerned. The only trouble with the one-off payment is the money isn't in my debit card account so I would have to shift funds to do that .

Think I will see what Nat West come up with and take it from there.
    This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
    © Tharweb 2006 :D
  • Stonk
    Stonk Posts: 937 Forumite
    Secondary question.

Does anyone know of any limit on how much you can make in a one-off payment to Egg? I can't find anything written about it, but it's the kind of thing I've been hit with before, where just as you're about to do it they say "oh by the way you can only do £5K per day", or something.

Just wondering because I need to pay £15K off Egg by the end of the month, as late as possible obviously.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Stonk wrote:
    Secondary question.

Does anyone know of any limit on how much you can make in a one-off payment to Egg? I can't find anything written about it, but it's the kind of thing I've been hit with before, where just as you're about to do it they say "oh by the way you can only do £5K per day", or something.

Just wondering because I need to pay £15K off Egg by the end of the month, as late as possible obviously.
    Not sure in respect of Egg, but found out recently that my own bank will not allow me to make online payments from my account of over 5,000 GBP*. Not sure about switch though as not tried it yet.

HTH
    YB

* Sorry, in Tenerife and no pound sign on PC keybooard - I´ll try not to let it get me too down!!! ;)
  • robdog
    robdog Posts: 58 Forumite
    If you log on to the egg site, go to your accounts, view recent statement, scroll down and underneath the a/c details it says, make a one off payment, hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure