Allay claims PPI

Comments

• Nasqueron wrote: »
    The problem is that people seem to dislike creating new posts
    If that is the only reason, why has this only emerged as a "problem" only lately I wonder?

The forum is so quiet nowadays I often wonder how genuine are the posts which do appear. (Not that this particular thread is suspicious I should add).

Or maybe I'm just an old cynic.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If that is the only reason, why has this only emerged as a "problem" only lately I wonder?

The forum is so quiet nowadays I often wonder how genuine are the posts which do appear. (Not that this particular thread is suspicious I should add).

Or maybe I'm just an old cynic.

There are plenty of people who post on here by bumping old threads, even if not "old, old" ones, or hop on other posts for a similar issue, I think it's just more noticeable now as the forum is quiet
  • Maybe there are people aroeund that just sit on forums to fill their lonely lives?!
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    If you did instruct Allay, send them an e-mail to say you're cancelling. You can probably expect an e-mail back pretty quickly with a charge for the 'work' they've done.
    Read your T&Cs to see what they say.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Kirky9999 wrote: »
    Maybe there are people aroeund that just sit on forums to fill their lonely lives?!
    While others are busy employing Claim Companies to make complaints that they can easily make themselves and paying an exorbitant amount of money for the "privilege"
    Bumping this ancient thread really is the least of your problems.. :D
  • My wife sent her details to Allay Claims. She then changed her mind. Since then we have been constantly bombarded with calls and texts despite telling them that we do not want to hear from them.Yesterday they took my wife through the data checks. When she gave them the address, they said it was the wrong address. This is not possible as the information was sent from our current address. We trusted it because it was advertised on the MSE site.
    Allay seems to be a hard sell uncaring organisation and I suggest it is removed from the MSE site.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My wife sent her details to Allay Claims. She then changed her mind. Since then we have been constantly bombarded with calls and texts despite telling them that we do not want to hear from them.Yesterday they took my wife through the data checks. When she gave them the address, they said it was the wrong address. This is not possible as the information was sent from our current address. We trusted it because it was advertised on the MSE site.
    Allay seems to be a hard sell uncaring organisation and I suggest it is removed from the MSE site.

MSE categorically do not advertise PPI firms, the mantra has always been to do it yourself. Forum posts on the MSE site are not endorsements of using a firm.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    Since no claim company is allowed to advertise on the MSE site, you appear to have been in error.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,480 Forumite
    They are all hard sell uncaring organisations.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    My wife sent her details to Allay Claims. She then changed her mind. Since then we have been constantly bombarded with calls and texts despite telling them that we do not want to hear from them.Yesterday they took my wife through the data checks. When she gave them the address, they said it was the wrong address. This is not possible as the information was sent from our current address. We trusted it because it was advertised on the MSE site.

Where have you seen a reference to MSE recommending Allay claims (or any other CMC)?

As mentioned above, MSE do not recommend any CMC. So, either she has been scammed by the claims company or she is mistaken.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback