N Power Grrr - Can they do this????

Galtizz
Galtizz Posts: 1,016 Forumite
I moved into a new house 2 years ago and immediatley started the process of changing energy suppliers.

I finally changed from N Power in October 2002 (yes, 2002)

I have received a bill this morning :o from N Power, which they say is the final bill.

It isn't for a huge amount but I foolishly don't keep records for company's I no longer deal with for more than 2 years once I consider the account settled so I have no way of proving whether the bill is right or not.

I spoke to them this morning and they were less than helpful. They blaimed it on the new supplier and said it had taken them 2 years to provide the final reading. I did point out that if I waited 2 years to bill a customer without any communication (i.e a letter every 6 months saying they are still awaiting the final reading) my customer would think it was a joke and refuse to pay. The man in the foreign call centre thought this was funny and laughed!!!!!

Grrr - N Power >:( Grrrr - Foreign call centres >:(

Getting to the point, I considered this account settled but have no records to prove it, can they do this? Is it legal? Is there anything I can do ???
When life hands you a lemon, make sure you ask for tequilla and salt ;)

Comments

• It is legal.

You can send invoices up to 6 years after the event being invoiced.

Ask them to send you a full statement covering the period involved - this should show how this latest bill has been arrived at.
  • if i was you i would speck to engerywatch on 08459060708 and put a complaint in,
    Filiss
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport