living with a chronic condition (part 4)

Options

Comments

• bigzippy
    bigzippy Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    Options
    bz You've been running yourself ragged, lovey. I can be very demanding and I demand you rest. I am gutted about missing the wedding too, but you'll have a wonderful day and won't even notice I'm not there. Will raise a cup of tea in yours and DF's direction on Sunday.
    Lol @ you being demanding. You? Never! :rolleyes: Have you got your compass ready?;)
    TOBRUK wrote: »
    I see her regularly as she tells me she wants to see me every 7-8 weeks about the ME. I am very lucky, especially when you read about so many unable to find a GP who takes the illness seriously.
    That is good going. I tend to end up seeing mine that frequently anyway in the end, what with the recurrent infections etc, but I'm glad that she seems to be taking an active (and hopefully therefore proactive) interest. :)

Well I spose I should stop hiding in bed and get up and start getting ready for b2b's wedding...:shocked: Which means....in 24hrs I'll've already had my wedding hair done!!! :shocked: :j
    "I am indelibly stained by hope and longing" - Nuts in May
  • Paparika
    Paparika Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hiya all,

Having a relaxing day, spending it at OH house, it's so nice, i spend the week during the day on my own, so last night he bought me n DS over for the weekend...

watching the dog and cat playing, not sure what's worse, a toddler or the pets :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

BZ have a fantastic day tomorrow, and enjoy it :beer: xx
    Life is about give and take, if you can't give why should you take?
  • Unity
    Unity Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    bigzippy wrote: »
    Thanks hun. It's actually Sunday, but close enough ;)
    Gutted about auntie axe not coming, but I completely understand of course. Just hoping she recovers well and speedily. :o
    The pic is still not to my taste, but then I'm completely smitten with my soon-to-be husband and I haven't found another that measures up, famous or not. :):love:

Good luck for tomorrow then BZ :T any special reason for the Sunday choice? I thought it was mostly reserved for the Jewish. I remember one wedding we went to, couldn't be held on the Saturday as the bride's father was racing his pigeons :eek: :rotfl:I hope the weather is as good tomorrow as it is today, it's the best we've had in ages :dance:.

The pic was actually for Raeh :D (and CWTA as I know she is also partial to the 'Sheriff of Shreveport' ;)) since she requested the longer haired version and it was a pleasure to find it for her :rotfl:.

It does help if you like the look of the bloke you're marrying :rolleyes::D, I have to agree. Even after 32 years Mr Unity still rocks my world :kisses2: . People said he looked like John Lennon when he looked like this: -
    johnlennon.jpg

but he has improved with age like a very good wine - unlike Lennon who looked quite ravaged as he got older IMHO :o. The really great thing is that we'd both marry each other again in a heartbeat :love:.
    bz You've been running yourself ragged, lovey. I can be very demanding and I demand you rest. I am gutted about missing the wedding too, but you'll have a wonderful day and won't even notice I'm not there. Will raise a cup of tea in yours and DF's direction on Sunday.

Unity I hope you are all starting to feel better and not taking a backwards step by feeling a bit improved and then running round after the others.

*waves at everyone else*

I hope you are feeling much better and that you liked your card ;). How did it happen? Make sure you take things easy and get plenty of rest.

This flu is taking an absolute age to shift and we were just saying this morning that we're glad we aren't really old as we can easily imagine the elderly and infirm dying from this _pale_. Tbh the cough would be enough on it's own :rolleyes:, it wears you out and you can't sleep because of it.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weather and having a good weekend :T.
    Some people hear voices, some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever :D
  • raeh
    raeh Posts: 2,575 Forumite
    Options
    Unity wrote: »
    The pic was actually for Raeh :D

and I thank you very much for it :D Im not a blonde fan myself but I have to say Vampires have a certain attraction :p

I hope everyone feeling under the weather is enjoying this much improved weather, It does improve my mood even if it cant improve my health ;)

I had to have my lovely Kipper put to sleep around 4 weeks ago and I think that was also a contributing factor to my bad flare recently, we found he had a tumour so the decision was made for us really, but we kept him with us as long as possible. Well the house has been empty so we contacted a rottie rescue and today they had a dog they felt was ideal for us :D we are now the proud parents of an 11 month old !!!!! :T shes quite a petite dog and very pretty [im biased ;)] we just have to come up with a name

Tobruk it must be great to have such a supportive gp, mine were very good at first but i think when they ran out of meds to try they sort of gave up, she suggest things occasionally but also tend to blame everything on fibro/ hms and tells me its just something i have to learn to cope with ... pace yourself more :rolleyes:

gentle hugs to everyone.....and ..... casualty is back :T:cool:
    2009-£7500 2010 £10800 2011 £2000

Thank you to everyone who posts comps xxx
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Options
    raeh wrote: »
    it must be great to have such a supportive gp, mine were very good at first but i think when they ran out of meds to try they sort of gave up,

I've very much found that too! I went through a few GPs while I was at uni, and often they would seem helpful at first, but as soon as their first suggestion didn't work, it became "well you'll just have to live with it." Um, no? I agree it would be wonderful to have a supportive GP. My current surgery will not even play around with my painkillers now - they say I'm at the highest they will allow, but it's not that high!
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • raeh
    Options
    jazabelle wrote: »
    I've very much found that too! I went through a few GPs while I was at uni, and often they would seem helpful at first, but as soon as their first suggestion didn't work, it became "well you'll just have to live with it." Um, no? I agree it would be wonderful to have a supportive GP. My current surgery will not even play around with my painkillers now - they say I'm at the highest they will allow, but it's not that high!

I think a large factor with mine is, they are quite unknowledgable about fibro and so fob me off a little with, 'its just a condition you have to live with'. Im different to most people on here though, that working helps me a lot, whilst i wasnt doing anything I felt far worse, I think mostly for having the time to sit and think about the pain? I do have to rest a lot after work but I enjoy keeping as busy as I can.

Iv just noticed that I wrote a naughty word and it was censored :rotfl:

• Careful_with_that_Axe
    Options
    raeh I am so sorry to hear about kipper. How very sad for you and no doubt, as you say, this upset has contributed to you feeling low. Hope the 11 week old (what sort?) helps to fill the gap left. How about the name "Guilty"?! *g*
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • Ruby_Moon
    Options
    Hello,
    I have been trying for a couple of days to write in here about living with a Cronic condition but dont know where to jump in???
    It also feels a bit...cliquey???
    Is it ok to talk about living with a condition or are you all bored with that now and are just happy to chat?

Feeling a bit left out I think.
  • raeh
    Options
    Ruby_Moon wrote: »
    Hello,
    I have been trying for a couple of days to write in here about living with a Cronic condition but dont know where to jump in???
    It also feels a bit...cliquey???
    Is it ok to talk about living with a condition or are you all bored with that now and are just happy to chat?

Feeling a bit left out I think.

Have you read through all the previous posts? this is a new thread to make sure everyone CAN post, you have just said all the things that the first post says that this thread isnt now, so Im unsure as to whether you are just trying to be antagonistic as you have on another thread?
    If not, feel free to jump in where ever you like and discuss your condition

• black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hiya rubymoon ..welcome to this new thread....seems like we now have to talk about living with a condition ,than just having a natter...poor fingers getting sore and stiff ...as i type ....its about how we cope with thing's ect..as there are 100s of different things you can have , and different mixes of things ..
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport