Do you use Cashback sites?

Options
Hi Everyone, i am new to money saving, but really want to save a little extra this year so i thought i would start using Cashback sites, but not sure which one.
Below are the sites i have found but i am not sure which to use -

Topcashback & Quidco - These seem to have the same offers on and i think is aw when googling they are part of the same company. I have heard of these before and was going to use these until I saw Kerchingandwin.co.uk (Explain why later)

Boom25 - This looks exciting but i think i would rather have a little bit every time than gamble with it.

Kerchingandwin.co.uk - A friend recommended this site, they had won a few different competitions on site but i wasn't keen at first as i wanted to earn Cashback. Anyway since January they have started offering Cashback and seem to have as good as if not better rates than Topcashback. I also like how you can top up your balance for free by completing offers or doing surveys.
My only issue is i have not heard much about them on seen them on TV where as i have seen Topcashback advertised on tv so maybe a little safer.

Is there any other companies i have missed that i should check out? Also any feedback on any of the above would be great.

Thank you

Comments

• jessicalouise1
    Options
    I have posted the below here as well as i am not what Category it should be in

Hi Everyone, i am new to money saving, but really want to save a little extra this year so i thought i would start using Cashback sites, but not sure which one.
    Below are the sites i have found but i am not sure which to use -

Topcashback & Quidco - These seem to have the same offers on and i think is aw when googling they are part of the same company. I have heard of these before and was going to use these until I saw Kerchingandwin.co.uk (Explain why later)

Boom25 - This looks exciting but i think i would rather have a little bit every time than gamble with it.

Kerchingandwin.co.uk - A friend recommended this site, they had won a few different competitions on site but i wasn't keen at first as i wanted to earn Cashback. Anyway since January they have started offering Cashback and seem to have as good as if not better rates than Topcashback. I also like how you can top up your balance for free by completing offers or doing surveys.
    My only issue is i have not heard much about them on seen them on TV where as i have seen Topcashback advertised on tv so maybe a little safer.

Is there any other companies i have missed that i should check out? Also any feedback on any of the above would be great.

Thank you
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Anyway since January they have started offering Cashback and seem to have as good as if not better rates than Topcashback.
    Thank you

Not sure what shops you are looking at but I just looked and for example. Superdrug not on kerching but are on TCB, Amazon not on kerching but are on TCB , Boots 2.02 on TCB and 2 on kerching, Debenhams not even on kerching but are on TCB

So just the handful I looked at, its TCB all the way for me but I am sure it offers better cashback on other companies, just not the main ones I shop at.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • jessicalouise1
    Options
    I see what your saying regarding selection of retailers.

I Shop at Wowcher a lot and they offer 8% for new and existing customer but TCB only offer 1% for existing customers.
    Same with Haven Holidays who i have just booked with, TCB give 3.25 on peak dates but Kerching give 4% all the time regardless of date.
    I also tend to shop at eBay a lot and Kerching have better Cashback.

It would be much better if they had a few more retailers on site and i think that is where TCB have an advantage. TCB also have better rates on some retailers just not the ones I use.

I might just split my time between both sites and that way it's win win.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,744 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm with TCB and Quidco because they have better deals at different times so I decide which is best at the time.
    However I earn very little from them because unless it's something you will be doing anyway such as swapping utility provider, you have to spend to earn a comparatively small amount and my money saving efforts are currently focussed on trying not to spend so much.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I use both and check who supports the particular company I am intending to buy from. If they both do, I choose whoever is offering the best percentage.

If it is within 0.2% i will generally go with Quidco as experience has shown that they seem just to be a bit less hassle and quicker to track, but that may just be my opinion.

I have earned about £800 on each site over the last 8 years or so simply by buying stuff I would have bought anyway, so it is certainly worth doing, especially for utility, phone, and holiday companies etc. who can generate quite significant (sometimes three figure) rewards.
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 22 January 2020 at 10:25AM
    Options
    I also tend to shop at eBay a lot and Kerching have better Cashback.

If you have a nectar card make sure that you have registered that with eBay too, it is a completely transparent way of earning points and some promos can earn a significant amount of points if you can hold off larger purchases until they pop up!

(I earned 7,000 Nectar points in one day doing that last year!) :)
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport