Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Zarch
    • By Zarch 22nd May 19, 1:07 PM
    • 326Posts
    • 719Thanks
    Zarch
    My Octopus Agile & Go tariff analysis/comparison website
    • 22nd May 19, 1:07 PM
    My Octopus Agile & Go tariff analysis/comparison website 22nd May 19 at 1:07 PM
    As many of the regulars know, the Octopus Agile tariff has really piqued my interest in time of use tariffs using Smart Meters.

Whilst you could grab bits and pieces of historical data from Octopus about 'Agile' it was a bit limited. ie it didn't show all DNO areas and wasn't complete back to Feb 2018.

So i've written a few scripts and pulled all the data in to one place.
    • All 30 minute data from all 14 DNOs going to back to the first day of the Agile tariff (Feb 19th 2018).
    • The data also updates at 5pm each day after Octopus have released their next day's figures.

I've then layered Grafana graphs on top so you can visualise the data yourself on my new website.

Plus, there is a Google Spreadsheet with all the historical data on.

https://www.energy-stats.uk/

I would be interested in people's thoughts on the project.

What could be done better?
    What else would people like to see in terms of graphs?
    Is this stuff useful?
    Could you see this tariff working for you?
    Could a combination of PV / batteries get you mostly over the expensive 4pm to 7pm hump?

I'm hoping to expand the project into their GO tariff as well as their new Agile Export figures too.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Zarch; 07-06-2019 at 12:26 PM.
    17 x 300W panels on a 3.68 SolarEdge system in Sunny Sheffield.
Page 10
    • Zarch
    • By Zarch 17th Jan 20, 2:28 PM
    • 326 Posts
    • 719 Thanks
    Zarch
    Just added a new graph to the site on each of the 14 regional "Go versus Agile" pages.

This new one is Go versus Agile (00:30 to 04:30) for the previous year, but shows Agile as a weekly average.

For example: https://www.energy-stats.uk/octopus-go-versus-agile-london/

Hope this helps.

17 x 300W panels on a 3.68 SolarEdge system in Sunny Sheffield.
    • silverwhistle
    • By silverwhistle 17th Jan 20, 6:16 PM
    • 2,810 Posts
    • 4,252 Thanks
    silverwhistle
    Just to say that my smart meters went in today and comms seemed to establish fairly smoothly. Nice that the monitor unit shows when solar is inputting, and even better the number of hours of 0.00p per hour..

Hopefully sometime next week the switch will be fully activated, and I'll start making my afternoon cuppa before the the 4 to 7 peak time!

It'll be interesting how this plays out over a year, but seeing some of the tales of woe from high energy users I consider myself very lucky not to have to worry about my energy bills.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,130Posts Today

7,890Users online

Martin's Twitter