After the Work Programme

Comments

• busy_mom_2
    busy_mom_2 Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We've spent 2 years on the useless work programme whos job it is to contact employers and help us, and by the looks of it its been alot of help (sarcasm)

But JCP staff had nothing to do with the WP, and to be honest I agree it is a waste of space. WP worked with customers most likely to get into work cause that is they only way they get any payment.
  • AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    edited 23 July 2013 at 8:04PM
    The work programme have BDC officers who are meant to do that ie contact companies get jobs in etc but they do not do this.

This was the 'support' I was told I would get and that they act like an agency

Had my appointment today and its the same as before the WP. The JCA was not impressed with the feedback she had heard about the WP full stop and even laughed at some of the things I told her

In regards to my exit report the WP have lied and said I missed 8 appointments which I never did so am taking that further with the WP provider and my MP if I have to.

Had to also see the National Careers Service which was a bit pointless and at home spent 2 hours doing the online assessment that tells me nothing that I didn't already know.

The JCA ended with saying there was nothing she could do to help me as my CV was excellent and I have a good cover letter.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • AP007
    busy_mom wrote: »
    But JCP staff had nothing to do with the WP, and to be honest I agree it is a waste of space. WP worked with customers most likely to get into work cause that is they only way they get any payment.
    The JCA advisor told me unless you were looking for a cleaning job or security they would leave you on your own as they have no skills in anything else and they would not spend £ on you if they could not help you get a job
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • A recruitment drive for Avon!!! !!!!!!!, Avon isnt a proper job which can support a person and their family, its pin money.
    Its seriously sick hearing things like that, this country need proper work for people whereby they can support themselves and sign off.
    I've never heard anything so daft in all my life.
  • AP007
    A recruitment drive for Avon!!! !!!!!!!, Avon isnt a proper job which can support a person and their family, its pin money.
    Its seriously sick hearing things like that, this country need proper work for people whereby they can support themselves and sign off.
    I've never heard anything so daft in all my life.
    Avon?................. Eh?
  • AP007
    busy_mom wrote: »
    Why is it an advisers job to notify you of jobs that may be suitable? They have access to exactly the same sites as jobseekers so jobseekers should find the suitable jobs themselves. If people are jobseeking properly an adviser should not find jobs the jobseeker hasn't already applied for.

As for the recruitment, Avon does suit and will suit many people people, NEA for instance people on ESA, partners of benefit claimants.

Staff do not make the rules they simply enforce them. They do their job exactly the same as you chose to do yours.

What help exactly do you want from JCP?

they have also contacts with local companies as the lady I saw told me and they have a new guy at the JC who will do this therefore if they get a call saying 'do you have any secretaries' they will say 'yeah' and call the person with the job details.

This happened to me before I went to the WP, the JC called me and said they wanted 5 people with good CVs for an accounts job and would I sent my CV to the company.

This is 'support' surely?

Then again there is nothing else they can offer anyone.
  • Daedalus
    Daedalus Posts: 4,253 Forumite
    AP007 wrote: »
    The JCA advisor told me unless you were looking for a cleaning job or security they would leave you on your own as they have no skills in anything else and they would not spend £ on you if they could not help you get a job

Why weren't you looking for a cleaning job or security?
  • AP007
    edited 23 July 2013 at 8:27PM
    Daedalus wrote: »
    Why weren't you looking for a cleaning job or security?
    Not a great deal of transferable skills

And because I was allowed to look for the following and its on my JSA agreement and the agreement with the DWP.

Accounts Assistant
    Senior Purchase Ledger
    Payroll Officer
    Bookkeeper
    Accounts Admin
    Administrator
    Retail sale assistant

All at NMW full time or part time and 90 mins away from home and to be able to start the same day.

If you want to know why they never made me look for security jobs then write them a letter or think of it this way with no experience Id have less chance than the 30 people sitting next to me.

Also for the same reason I am not looking for a job as a nurse! LOL

Who would you interview? Someone with experience or someone with none? Hmmmmm
  • Daedalus
    Daedalus Posts: 4,253 Forumite
    God you make so many excuses. You weren't looking for cleaning or security work because the JC didn't put is on your job seekers agreement so you thought you weren't allowed?

How much experience do you think a cleaner needs?
  • Some places ask for 2 years previous experience as a cleaner plus Coshh and certificates/verification of training with certain equiptment etc,like buffers and such like.
    It all depends on the cleaning job.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport