Which mortgage advice

Hi

I am just enquiring as to what type of mortgage this would be that I should look into.

I have a property paid off with no mortgage at all but want to buy an investment property to bring in some extra income.
What mortgage would this be to use the capital against my property which is paid off?

Hope that explains the situation.

Many thanks

Comments

• Presuming you’re living in the property that you want to release the money from, it would be a residential remortgage.

You will be asked what you want the money for, you say to use to purchase another property.

Some lenders will then ask you details of the nee property and may insist that you complete the purchase simultaneously with the remortgage, other won’t care and will just release the funds to you.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Hi LRMortgage

Many thanks for that advice. Yes I live in the property but want to release the funds to buy another to get the income from that investment instead of capital just sitting in a property.

That is very helpful though. Appreciated.
  • LRmortgage wrote: »
    Presuming you’re living in the property that you want to release the money from, it would be a residential remortgage.

You will be asked what you want the money for, you say to use to purchase another property.

Some lenders will then ask you details of the nee property and may insist that you complete the purchase simultaneously with the remortgage, other won’t care and will just release the funds to you.

Do I not need a current mortgage in order to remortgage? As when I search online it says how much of my mortgage do I currently have.
    Sorry just not dealt with this before.

Thanks
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,432 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Use a Broker for best result here.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure