Claiming tax refund with the P55 form

Options
Hi
I need to get a tax refund using the P55 form and need a little help please.
I earn approximately £15000 and had a pension pot of £62484.00 from which I did a drawdown of £31500.00.
I have paid emergency tax on £23625.00
When I'm filling in the form P55 and get to the page for pension income do I fill both tables in or just the 2nd? Also if it is just the 2nd table I'm presuming I do not put in the full lump sum figure of £31500 but the figure I was taxed on? I'm also presuming at the end of the year the tax office will see I had a larger tax sum but the other amount was tax free.
Thanks in advance but this is the first time I've had to fill one of these forms in.

Comments

• IanSt
    IanSt Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    I did an online P55 application last year and had the same question https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5940284

Basically you just put the taxable lump sum into the flexibly accessed table i.e. what I think you are referring to as table 2. Ignore any tax-free part of the lump sum, i.e.if you took £10,000 out, but £2,500 was the 25% tax free bit, then just put £7,500.
  • squirrelpie
    Options
    FWIW, when I did a UFPLS I didn't fill any forms in, I just phoned them up and told them it was a one-off and not regular, and they arranged everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure