What small DFW things will you do w/c 9th September

Comments

• Hi all

So, after the £400 bill for my new glasses, the £349 for a new laptop for DS, the £300 car bill, the £87 boiler service, the £84 dentist bill and the £44 to have an A level paper remarked we are struggling a little.

On the plus side, although we are slightly into our agreed overdraft, none of this has gone on the credit card. I am struggling a bit with a non serious but annoying health problem too which is making it hard to rack up study time.

I am carefully mealplanning, making packed lunches, drying washing without tumbler, and cutting out anything absolutely non-essential. Thinking about raiding my wardrobe for things to sell on ebay but I never seem to do that well out of it.

Tired tonight.
  • Morning

Today's tasks:

Check banking. There should be some pennies to move today
    Check plants
    Charge phone and tablet
    Take medication and check if prescription needs to be renewed to ensure I have enough for holidays.
    Lunch (HM soup) and dinner (pizza) from freezer
    Check freezer for something for tomorrow in case it has to defrost overnight
    General tidy. Got two extra jobs identified for today. One has been annoying me for ages and I've found an easy way to do it .
    Make a shopping list for the weekly shop tomorrow (must remember we need a replacement bulb for bedroom lamp)
    Make a list for holiday (carried over from yesterday)
    Still haven't found the missing piece of the hoover!

Better get on (after I've finished the pot of coffee)
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 12 September 2019 at 12:14PM
    Good Morning Everyone

It's been a tough week full of appointments for me but small steps are getting me where I need to be so I am grateful for so many things. Another dental appointment tomorrow means I've had to shuffle a few things around (including weigh-in, still at 40.5 lbs :( ). Also I suppose I ought to start thinking about whats needed for the few days we are going away next week. Today we will:

Gym - Done
    Collect new library book - Done
    Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    DH to clean car -
    Strip DS's bed, was and remake -
    Ironing -
    Pamper session -
    Swagbucks -
    Purge a few emails -
    Enter comps -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Checked: Lucky Bob, PMP, WinaDinner -
    Read Library Book -
    Headspace app before bed -

Have a great day!

Other small achievements this week:
    Decluttered a few bits to DD
    Old glasses to opticians charity box
    Decluttered board games to a local church group/youthclub
    Decluttered DS's revision guides to school
    Spanish dictionary to eldest grandson
    Started a new bag for charity shop

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 17/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,133
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Morning all!

Today I have/will:
    * Squeeze out "old" toothpaste tube
    * Do washing up
    * Take lunch to work (nearly failed at this as sandwich fillings are running low!)
    * Check banks
    * Make CC payment
    * Update spreadsheet
    * Check OP/PA
    * Free pilates class at work
    * Charge phone at work
    * Must call re car insurance renewal!
    * Pop to shop for milk and only milk!
    * Snap receipt
    * Wash towels on eco wash
    * Go to circuits (block of sessions already booked)
    * Dinner from stores

Think that's everything.
    Starting again..
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 10,994
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Oh dear, Yorkshire Lass, that is a horrible selection of bills. Things always seem to come together.

Ditty-Think it was you who posted suggestions for linen cupboard storage. Much appreciated. I'm going to take some measurements & aim to have improved the situation before then end of the year.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 10,994
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi Thursday Money Savers,
    *Nice sunny walk at an NT place. Only paid petrol & one coffee as had a full loyalty card for a freebie.
    *Came home for lunch before we could talk ourselves into eating out.
    *Finalised meal plans for next week.
    *Added a couple of free events to our diaries.
    *Free fitness - this morning's walk plus I'm about to do a bit more garden clearing.
    *Feed sweetcorn, chillies, beans & courgettes.
    *Pick more tomatoes.
    *Rubber ham hock. Some will go in tonight's pasta bake & I'll be freezing some as have a pea & ham frittata on meal plan for next week.
    *Make packed lunch.
    *Concerted effort to finish knitting sock.
    *Decide whether any benefit to doing an online grocery order. If so, write shopping list & stick to it.
    *Another 50p into my sealed pot.
    *Froze a few more blackberries.
    And just generally enjoy the sunshine.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Evening all,

A very spendy (planned birthday/xmas computer for ds1) day here but also very productive.

I've been to the gym and did two classes again to make the most of my membership plus I refilled my water bottle there several times.

I ordered ds1s computer, no cashback available via tcb/£co but I did get a bit of cashback via dh's works perks site.

I've checked banking and updated cashbooks.

I've made families lunches for tomorrow, (they've all got something different but I now have a clearer fridge!)

I've moved furniture around in three rooms to try and make things better. All rooms now have a new look for no cost. I have one big bit of wooden furniture in the hallway to deal with tomorrow, after taking with my dad I think we'll take the unit apart and re-use it to make a desk for ds2 at some point.

I've started a new bag for the charity shop and added an old mobile phone case and a vase so far.

We've all got leftovers for tea, really handy after all the moving bits I've done this afternoon.

I've scrubbed the kitchen down using star drops/washable cloths

Thats about it. I'm shattered now, ready for dh to come home and see what I've done!!!

Take care all.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,011
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Work day
    NSD day
    Food from stores day
    Drive day
    Chill at home and work on my website night
    Happy Thursday all
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,419
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Evening all :)
    Today's small things:
    HG fruit with breakfast
    Usual kitchen clean and tidy etc

Load of washing, pegged outside on the line

OH decided to sweep the chimney instead of getting someone in to do it, so I helped him with that. Then cleared up afterwards (wasn't too bad actually). Took the opportunity to give the living room a really good clean (all the nasty corners, dusted behind the furniture etc, scrubbed hearth), also hoovered the kitchen and hallway.
    RM surveys stuff, also did one part of a month long spending survey that arrived this morning. They pay £15, which isn't a great deal for a month long commitment, but as I record spending anyway, it isn't really any extra work tbh.
    Found a box with a lid for GD's craft stuff, to keep it a bit tidier

Checked banks
    Raspberries, tomatoes and beans picked

All food from home, nothing spent (haven't been anywhere to spend today)
    A bit of tidying in the garden, cut back lavender and mint, watered cucumber, beans and the strawberry baskets.
    Really ought to do the ironing, but it ain't gonna happen tonight :o
  • Evening folks. Wow, RL is really rather busy this week. Keeping the faith though even when I'm not posting.

Sausages for tea from project freezer use up
    Payday tomorrow, have finalised the end of this months budget which is also end of my annual budget, so tomorrow feels like a fresh page :T
    Cancelled a subscription I no longer use
    Managed 4 loads of washing today. 3.5 dried. Gambled and left the other half out overnight.
    Picked more fruit. Ate more fruit :o
    Researched holiday

Hope everyone is ok. Purps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills