What small DFW things will you do w/c 9th September

Comments

• ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,011
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    *Continue to think about lowest spend, but effective ways I could improve the rubbish shelving in the linen cupboard.
    Source old cabinet sides or kitchen cabinet doors and cut to size and rest on (recycled) wood screwed into side of airing cabinet - finish w a bit of Ald* chalk paint. Anyways thats roughly how I have reclaimed shelf space in the built in cabinets in this house.
    Or you can use pallet wood if you've got a crowbar, saw and a sander( require great deal of patience, have not yet managed any pallet furniture myself).
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,419
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 10 September 2019 at 7:56PM
    Get thee to that doctors missus!!! Breathing probs DEF sounds like a chest infection from recent experience!

I would say if you can't get a docs app tomorrow then please try a walk-in center.

*hen pecks*
    Thanks CLF, I went today :A, and it isn't a chest infection, but my asthma has got worse. Apparently it isn't uncommon at this time of the year, with all the extra spores etc in the atmosphere. I have been prescribed a different, stronger inhaler, and a review in a few weeks time :)

Other things:
    Had some of the nice raspberry jam I made yesterday with breakfast toast :)
    Labelled up jam jars and put them away
    Checked banks
    Cleaned fridge out and sorted larder out a bit :eek:
    Picked more raspberries
    Picked some rhubarb, might be the last lot this year

Made a crumble from gifted apples and HG raspberries
    Cooked rhubarb in the oven at the same time

Cleared basil plants which were on their last legs, picked off any decent leaves before they went into the compost of course!
    Cleared other 2 bush tomato plants, with 'help' from little GS
    Made pesto with basil leaves, or rather DD did, as GS insisted I carried him and I couldn't do it with one hand :cool:

Gave DD some of the pesto, a jar of jam and some of the meat that my brother brought round at the weekend
    OH made dinner while I was at the doctor's - sausages, baked potato and sweet potato wedges and beans.

Sowed various leafy things in pots in the newly cleared out mini greenhouse: lettuce, lollo rosso (red lettuce) chard, spinach, kale, coriander, mustard, rocket. Even if it only does for micro leaves it will be something!
  • Ziggy thank you for starting this weeks thread :A

Yesterday I didn't manage to get on here as myself and OH attended a meeting, not something I want to do, it just needed to be done, appeared to go as well as could be hoped.
    A friend was able to take the children to their training yesterday, so they didn't have to miss out.

The meeting did through my normal schedule out, I usually do the grocery shopping whilst they are at training. I rescheduled for today, I dropped ds at his weekly HE group, normally he goes by bus, then continued to the shops.

Todays list:
    PAD
    Pmp
    Checked the bank accounts
    Did the shopping, only buying what was on the list
    Put ALL the shopping away
    Home educated the children
    Dried three loads of washing on the airer, used the dehumidifier
    Stuck to the meal plan
    Leftovers, boxed and labelled ready to go into the freezer in the morning
    Made bread
    Got things ready for tomorrow, lots on
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • Morning

There was a beautiful rainbow five minutes ago now there's just rain. Still, never mind. It's only water.

Today:

Check banking
    Tend plants (the basil has perked up)
    Charge tablet and phone
    Take medication
    Marinade chicken for dinner
    Omelettes for lunch
    Shopping (bread etc from Aldi)
    General tidy (trying to do an extra job every day to get on top of things)
    Make a list of things to do for holiday

Himself is footering with the TIVO box. He'll probably manage to record the weather forecast and ten minutes of adverts again. I'm off for a coffee
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,011
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 11 September 2019 at 3:02PM
    List of stuff to do for today:
    Make 1.5 arm ds lunch DONE
    Walk dog DONE
    Tidy kitchen, and start chicken in slow cooker DONE
    Call physio (carryover from yesterday) - Have not found the right ones yet!
    Wrap and post decanter abroad - DO NOW
    Work on website, threw a bit of stuff on instagram and I think I have decided on a photo from the front page DONE PART 1
    Write application for mentoring for creative stuff - DONE, I ACTUALLY DID IT:j:j:j
    Write job application for full time job(a job that was going before the summer and is now re-advertised). Need to check job add is up to date before applying. YEP ITS ON, WILL SUGGEST JUST DOING 1 DAY FOR THEM, DONT HAVE ENERGY TO CHANGE JOB AT THE MO AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY THE PERSON THEY HAD FOUND RAN ELSEWHERE.:eek:
    Run walk to club run :A
    Not use car
    Fold and put away laundry
    Complete prep for teaching Thursday and Friday
    Maybe cook meatballs for freezer
    I think that's enough.
    But her's the meal plan as well:
    W - ciabatta for lunches - dinner moi leftovers
    T - lunch moi peanutbutter on something - dinner x 2 or 3curry from chicken
    F - meatballs for lunches w pasta or bread x3 - dinner moi leftovers/grilled vegetables
    S - lunch - whatever from fridge - dinner x 3 pizzas
    Sun - brunch pancakes - lunch snack - dinner pasta bake
    Mon - mini pizzas from sat - dinner pasta w meatballs and tomato sauce
    Tuesday - its a new week ...new shop ... something Japanese will need to happen as bought cheap soba noodles in alde yesterday.
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • Morning guys :D Yesterday felt like a good day and got some small things done. Hoping today will continue in that vein!

have a friend coming round shortly and we will go for a walk.

Am actually making the templates to make some reusable sanitary pads for a commission :D

have done a load of washing and will hang out after posting

TOMM - haven't vacuumed for days and things starting to side. But know as soon as I do it'll be looking good again :D

fabric to make madam a couple of hoodies arrived today. Will put on a 30 degree wash in a minute

lo meatballs for tea for me. Oh & madam will eat at the outlaws

read the newsletter

look into changing energy suppliers. Still haven't done this. It's been months!

That'll do!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Dawn - I'm glad you went and sorry for nagging :) I'm glad it's not an infection. I hope your meds help x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 11 September 2019 at 4:23PM
    Morning all,
    Dawn, I hope the new inhaler helps.

Todays list
    * 2 gym classes done and water bottle refilled there twice DONE
    * made an omelette for my brunch and one each for the boys breakfasts for tomorrow DONE
    * make families lunches for tomorrow
    * sort out the fruit bowl as I've noticed a little fly around - stew any fruit on the turn DONE, just a plum that was soft, didn't bother stewing it as I had it and it was lovely
    * open up new regular saver accounts (still not got this done!)
    * check banking/update spreadsheet DONE
    * straighten up the food cupboard and see what needs to go on the shopping list DONE
    * renew library books online DONE
    * get the feather duster out to deal with the huge cobwebs I saw last night! (not mse but if its on my list there is more chance of getting it done!)
    * cook two chickens at once to make the most of the oven being on (will put some spuds in there too)
    * message my dad to let him know that they're be some chicken for them to have from me tomorrow DONE
    Also, messaged the rainforest people about ds2s phone case that broke in just over a month,
    they'll refund and sent me a return label, also printed a return label for a drain cleaner thing that wasn't fit for use - printed label onto reclaimed rm paperwork and used some cardboard boxes I'd kept so no cost to me oh and bit of sellotape that rm sent ages ago too :)DONE
    * prepped rm stuff will post when I go to take ^^ in a bit
    DONE

Thats my starter, take care all.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • Wednesday's are busy around here, dd fell asleep on the way home this afternoon.

The weather has been a mixture of long heavy periods of rain interspersed with brilliant sunshine, as a result, the washing is on the airer with the dehumidifier on. As the dehumidifier was on my Mum decided to also do a load to make the most of it, a bonus is it also kicks out heat which is heating the room we laze around in. Overall, I count that as a win. Not as good as laundry blowing around outside but better than damp washing hanging up for days.

I started back on the RM survey today. My posting pack arrived along with some test items. In the past I have enjoyed doing the survey, it also has the added advantage that it gives me a reason to go out on a day where I would prefer to hibernate, which helps support my mental well being. I try to make the most of everything I receive from them:
    • Reward stamps are used to post our items
    • Used stamps - collect for charity
    • Bags the posting pack arrives in - fits our bin perfectly
    • Blank paper and paper that is blank on one side - use when home educating
    • Large plain white envelopes - saved and used, mainly to post, occasionally to organise
    • Used envelopes - scrap paper mainly for budget jotting or shopping lists
    • Unused labels - saved and used to label all sorts of things including presents, jars of jam
    • Labels with my address - saved and used to label things we want returning ie tin sent to the local fundraiser with cakes in
    • Other printed labels, unfortunately, I end up throwing away as I can't think of a way to use them
    • Cardboard boxes - are either used or recycled
    • Polystyrene blocks and padded envelopes are offered to people who sell on eBay as packaging

Today's list:
    PAD
    Pmp etc
    All food and drink from stores
    Stick to the meal plan
    Took snacks and drinks out with us, just manage to pop home for lunch between activities
    Tiny planned shop, using a list, so I could park
    Home educated children
    Washing set to go on overnight
    Made bread

I would like to make porridge this evening.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,419
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 11 September 2019 at 6:16PM
    Evening all :)
    Tired.com today, don't know why :(
    OH wanted to take some stuff to an auction house across the county this morning, so while he loaded it into our old camper van (it was too big for the car) I made a quick picnic. Dog came too, had a run about in the field attached to the auction place and shared our picnic (bits of ham sandwich). Small shop in Mr S on the way there, while OH filled up with fuel. Just bread, fruit, yogurt, nothing major. Stopped and picked up a couple of bags of compost for the garden on the way back.
    Went to DD2's once we got back, as she wanted OH to put up a large mirror he had made for her. Also took a large bay tree in a pot it is too big for. DD has room in her garden to plant it out :) I am starting again on the bay tree front with a baby one I got from the boot sale last week.
    Did dinner, which was jacket potatoes, runner beans and leftover pork curry stuff, with apple and raspberry crumble and yogurt for pudding :)
    Intended to hoover round and do some ironing, but think I will be catching an early night instead.

I have just restarted on the postal survey too BB. And I use all the bits and pieces for various things, too :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure