BA Data Breach litigation site

Hi,

Has anyone checked to see if this is a legit site? I saw it on facebook:

as a new user i cannot put the link up but it is called badatabreach
to quote:
"Under Article 82 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR) you have a right to compensation for non-material damage. This means compensation for inconvenience, distress and annoyance associated with the data leak."

I am wondering if worth pursuing as I was a victim, although my credit card was blocked as dodgy transactions were attempted.

Anyone tried or joined this?

Comments

• I don't recommend you sign up to any such site found on Facebook or elsewhere.

If you believe you have a legitimate complaint then make it directly to the organisation concerned.

Why pay any third party exorbitantly to do it for you?
  • SpiderLegs
    SpiderLegs Posts: 1,914
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    People who respond to adverts on Facebook are idiots.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    ash732 wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone checked to see if this is a legit site? I saw it on facebook:

as a new user i cannot put the link up but it is called badatabreach
    to quote:
    "Under Article 82 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR) you have a right to compensation for non-material damage. This means compensation for inconvenience, distress and annoyance associated with the data leak."

I am wondering if worth pursuing as I was a victim, although my credit card was blocked as dodgy transactions were attempted.

Anyone tried or joined this?

If you think its worth it, complain directly to BA, a third party can do no more than you would.

Bear in mind a huge % of financial ads on Facebook are scams. Facebook have been, for example, hosting outright fraudulent and scam adverts for bitcoin and PPI (amongst others), using fake comments and pictures of media figures without their permission, and they did this for many years despite numerous complaints, before legal action finally compelled them to act. They have done similar for highly risky and scam "bond" adverts, as well as as numerous other dodgy and unregulated financial schemes.

Facebook dont care about their users and what risks they expose them to, only the advertising revenue they get. If on average per advert they get 1p and their users get ripped off a £, thats an equation that works for them.

If you act as if every financially related ad on Facebook is literally a scam, you will be much better off.
  • There is a class action lawsuit ongoing. I am not sure whether or not to join - the coverage on fees is worrisome to me. Did you decide what to do, op?
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    The advice was contact BA directly
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure