Validity of Rail Tickets received through Superbreak

Afternoon folks, hope this is the right forum to be posting in.

Prior to SuperBreak going into administration I booked rail travel/ hotel stay and received rail tickets a few days before the company stopped trading.

I lost the hotel part of my booking but am now trying to find out if the rail tickets are still valid?. Verbally I have been told in my local Scotrail office that the ticket, for the moment, is valid

I contacted all 3 rail companies involved (Virgin Trains West Coast/ LNER/ Northern Rail) initially by phone but the information was very poor, then emailed each customer service department to have "written confirmation" of the validity of the ticket. Last thing I want is to be fined for not having a valid ticket.

Has anyone travelled on a "superbreak" rail ticket since the company went into administration - and did you have any issues?

Greatful for any info whilst i sit holding my breath waiting for rail companies to get back to me.

Comments

• daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,501 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    If you can tweet the companies. However my wife travelled on LNER with super break tickets with no issues.
  • yorkie2
    yorkie2 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry I don't visit MSE often, so have only just seen this, and it may be too late now... but absolutely the tickets remain valid.

(For future reference, you may get more definitive and/or quicker answers to rail fares questions by posting on a dedicated rail fare advice forum, but I do try to log on here every few weeks and see if there is anything I can help with)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure