Weight Watchers Support

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Yeah, just keep going Candy. You'll get there. My friend mentioned something called the Whoosh Effect. Don't know if there's any real science to it, but a lot of people seem to think there's something in it. Sorry can't do links but if you just google it you'll see what I'm talking about.

Right Drawingaline.........today's menu choices. :rotfl:

B........3 egg omelette, 20 g low fat cheese, 1/2 slice ham. 2pts
    L.........chicken Caesar salad, with 1 tabs low fat dressing 1pt
    D.........salmon with a sweet chilli sauce dressing, green lentils,
    Peppers, courgette, red onions. 2pts

Snacks...... 3 crackers, 1 pt each, low fat cream cheese 1pt 4pts

Plenty left for teas, coffees and maybe a couple of biscuits later. Hopefully will also be able to roll 4 over.

I am aiming to roll 4 over each day, today and over the weekend because I will probably be eating out on Monday. That would give me 12 to play with. My normal WI day is Monday.

I do like the flexibility of WW.

On Wednesday I batched cooked some bolognese. I have got two portions in the freezer. Aiming to do a curry and a vegetable shepherds pie over the weekend. Again will cook extra for the freezer. I think it's worth doing that if you can because then you have got pointed home made ready meals to hand for rushed days.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    LL a woman on WW connect, made a cauli n butterbean mash to go on top of Shepherdless pie.I might try it, zero points :D
    Just googling the whoosh effect :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Wednesday.....you raise an interesting point about maintenance. I think I too will have to think very carefully about how to maintain my weight loss once I have reached goal. I think I will find it easy to regain weight if I'm not careful so for me I think weight management will have to be a lifelong commitment.

I think it has to be that way, for me anyway, as it is very easy for me to underestimate what I've eaten in a day.
    Dorothy60 wrote: »
    Morning WWers - doing rubbish here, half a pound on - sigh - I know what I am doing wrong, not eating enough and when I do I am not eating enough fruit and veg. I just can't seem to get myself organised shopping and meal planning.
    candygirl wrote: »
    I've stayed the same this week.No idea why , as i've been good lol.I'll just keep on tracking though ;)

Just keep up with it both of you, you are both doing really well!:T
  • lessonlearned
    Good morning everyone.

Well my couple of days back on plan have paid off. After staying the same for a couple of weeks I have lost 2lbs, so back on track.

Dorothy......at least you know where you are going wrong. I will honest and say I'm still not one for actual meal planning so I try to make sure I have the "right" things in the house. That way I can cobble a meal together or find some healthy snacks. Of course it's much harder when I'm out and about and eating away from home.

However, I do appreciate that in many ways because I live alone it is easy for me.....I just don't have too many "naughties" in the house.

One thing I have found helpful is having a few tins of fruit in juice handy for when I get desperate for a treat. Zero points. In fact I try to take full advantage of "zero hero's" to fill me up.

Today's menu........

B. Banana pancakes, strawberries and yoghurt. 0 Pts
    L. Ham salad 3pts
    D. Home made chicken curry, broccoli rice, 8 Pts.

Leaves me plenty of points left for nibbles and snacks.

Gardening today.
  • lessonlearned
    Good morning fellow weight watchers.....

A new week. Popped myself on the scale this morning and I now have exactly 1 stone to go to reach my target. Wahoo. Feels so good.

4 days granny duty this week but as they are only half days I'm hoping it will be easier to stick to plan. I should have more time to meal prep and I can eat more meals at home.

Anyway just need to stay on track.

A hearty brunch today.......full English, packed with zero hero's and just 2pts for bacon. Yum yum.

Will take a Salmon salad for lunch with me. 1 pt for mayo.

Dinner/supper will be courgetti bolognese. 3 Pts

Well that's the plan......:rotfl:

Have a great day.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I only lost 1 pound this week as the vertigo/migraine threw me off. It makes me feel sick one second and then starving hungry for carbs when it wears off. I had a pizza at the weekend and I just had a leftover piece for breakfast.:o

I did have blueberries and mango with it and it was a small slice of pizza.:D

It's less than two weeks until the concert so I really have to get going.:j

I just went to the shop and bought lemons, strawberries, onions and mushrooms.

I have leftover brown lentil pasta for lunch and I will bulk it up with marinated mushrooms and onions and some steamed asparagus.

I am having a veggie burger for dinner with a big salad, gherkins and mustard.

Oh yes, I bought carrots too so I can have carrot sticks and salsa for dinner as well.

Lots of water all day.
  • lessonlearned
    Well done on the weight loss Wednesday.1lb is 1lb and another step closer to your goal. You'll get there.

I well and truly overstepped the mark yesterday. My son cooked a special wedding anniversary meal. Luckily I hadn't used any weekly points.

I didn't actually track what I'd eaten so I'll just assume that's my weekly allowance used up and get back to plan today.

I'm sure the odd blow out meal doesn't do too much damage as long as you get back on track next day.
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Put on half a pound this week. Knew I would too.

I am now firmly in holiday mode so not expecting loses. Will try to make better choices, but I am enjoying myself.

I will be back with the damage in two weeks. See you on the other side lol! Definitely not giving up.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • lessonlearned
    Have a great holiday.
  • hollowhead
    hollowhead Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Have a lovely holiday drawingaline don’t worry about your weight until you get back!

I lost 2 lbs this week but I’m sure it’s cos I wore a dress and not jeans:rotfl:anyway hopefully some of it was due to me being mainly on lan this week!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback