Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Options

Comments

• JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    A lot of suppliers use the same tariff name for each new release. It is a legacy from the days when suppliers could only have 4 tariffs. If one looks carefully, the tariff name is usually followed by a version number or end date. It can make setting up the profile in MSE CEC tricky if people don’t refer to a bill or their Welcome Letter.

OK fair enough but to me, a name followed by a different version is a new tariff name. e.g. wording something like "Welcome Home July 2018" would be the tariff name and a new tariff might be "Welcome Home August 2018" The bit at the end creates a new tariff name to fit the new tariff.

Then again, what Wavelets says makes a mockery of that from a historical perspective but I think what I say is true for all current and recent plans.
  • Frozenpines
    Options
    JohnB47 wrote: »
    Interesting.

It is now clear that Eversmart have agreed at least three 'Guaranteed Price' deals - each with the same name (Welcome Home) but each with different tariffs. Oh and in addition they have agreed a variable tariff, also called welcome Home.

Apart from anything else, this breaks with the tradition that each separate tariff is given a unique name.

Something has clearly gone very wrong at Eversmart.

Want to just point out that energy unit prices will differ slightly depending on region based on energy distribution costs so I don't think their actually is any difference with the tariffs in July and August of the same name.

For variable tariffs, a supplier needs to give prior notification to customers to say their price is going up.
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Want to just point out that energy unit prices will differ slightly depending on region based on energy distribution costs ....

Ah yes, I see. Thanks.
  • Ferengi47
    Options
    Being a dissatisfied customer of EverSmart, have left them now, made a formal complaint some weeks ago which has not yet been acknowledged, and they owe me money, I read the continuing issues in this forum thread and am disappointed with MSE. I appreciate that what we decide to do is not MSEs fault, but surely it’s their responsibility to ensure that any company they put forward has passed some robust compliance? EverSmart have clearly not made the grade in terms of competence and efficiency.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MSE are not "puitting forward" any company, they are purely offering a whole of market list of what is available as do all the comparison sites and they do add a footnote with any feedback which the majority do not. It is up to the regulator to ensure the company is compliant.
  • darkovo
    darkovo Posts: 209 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Anyone else having login issues on their website?
    I know my password but not working on multiple browsers. I don't want to click to change password due to their IT systems don't seem very good and I'll probably not get a reply from them for months!
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I found it wasn't working properly with Google Chrome last week, so tried it with Edge and it seemed Ok.

It was Ok yesterday with Chrome however I've noticed that they've modified the log-in screen.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • darkovo
    darkovo Posts: 209 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 November 2018 at 10:27AM
    Options
    matelodave wrote: »
    I found it wasn't working properly with Google Chrome last week, so tried it with Edge and it seemed Ok.

It was Ok yesterday with Chrome however I've noticed that they've modified the log-in screen.

Thanks, yes I tried Edge etc, I just get unknown email or password.
    I've emailed them and got a reply:

Hello
    Thank you for getting in touch with us, we have opened a case and passed it on to the best person who is able to assist you.
    Please allow 3 working days for us to get back to you with how we can best help you.
    Regards,
    Eversmart Customer Services

Willl have to wait and see if they do reply and get it sorted...

Update: I can now login, no reply from them as yet, I just tried again this morning and all ok.
  • the_mandarin
    Options
    Spoke to Eversmart Energy today and I was told that the fixed prices that I was given (and emailed in the "Welcome Pack") in July 2018 were "incorrect" and that although I am on what was incorrectly called a Fixed Tariff that was guaranteed for a year, the rates would go up later this month as the prices in the market are going up.
  • Joe_Buchan
    Options
    I joined Ever-Smart back in May 2018, they had no track record for customer services but they did have the cheapest tariff for me so I thought I might as well give them a try. Six months down the line and I couldn’t be happier, the price is right and I haven't had much reason to contact them, however when I did they responded relatively quickly.

Ever-Smart has started a “Family Saver Club” and it seems like a reasonable deal, you pay one years energy up front and in return they pay you 1% interest on the outstanding balance. I’m not very quick at jumping into things so I’ve been waiting for some feed back on this from others. So, Ever-Smart Energy gets the thumbs up from me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure