Origin Broadband - any good

Comments

• glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Six months later, my cashback has been rejected.

Not happy. Paid the entire year in full upfront.

Considering my options. Possibly investogating a Section 75 claim, since I paid the full amount on credit card.
  • Origin-Broadband
    Origin-Broadband Posts: 69 Organisation Representative
    glider3560 wrote: »
    Six months later, my cashback has been rejected.

Not happy. Paid the entire year in full upfront.

Considering my options. Possibly investogating a Section 75 claim, since I paid the full amount on credit card.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with us. I am keen to investigate these issues for you and for you to have a resolution quickly.

If I could please ask you send an email over to our complaints team, I will get the matter looked into for you straight away.

The email address you need is: origincomplaints@origin-broadband.co.uk

I apologise again.

Origin Broadband.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Origin Broadband. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Changed to Origin after Martin suggested it because I was fed up with the BT Indian call centre. I am paying for fibre and have not yet exceeded standard BT Broadband speeds I.e less than 8 mb. Communication with these guys is almost impossible. I have managed to get them on the phone once after waiting half an hour only to get some guy just reading from a script telling me I should get at least 13 mb. In response to my slow speeds they asked me to test it at different times of the day. I did, sent them a full report and no response in a week. Now we have to reset the router most afternoons and some evenings just to get some broadband. Absolute rubbish and if I can find someone better I will move.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with us. I am keen to investigate these issues for you and for you to have a resolution quickly.

If I could please ask you send an email over to our complaints team, I will get the matter looked into for you straight away.

The email address you need is: [EMAIL="origincomplaints@origin-broadband.co.uk"]origincomplaints@origin-broadband.co.uk[/EMAIL]

I apologise again.

Origin Broadband.
    As expected, no response regarding cashback. Also no response to my earlier complaint about the incorrect bills.

Time for a chargeback or Section 75 claim?
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,084 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    glider3560 wrote: »
    As expected, no response regarding cashback.?

[FONT=&quot]Claimed mine today after going the not so scenic route. :whistle:
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72507776&postcount=3473[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72523214&postcount=3478[/FONT]
  • softmind82
    softmind82 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Hi

I had worst speed of internet since moved to Origin broadband and lots of disconnection and sometime can't even browse webpages.

I get between 3-6 MBPS whereas i was getting 13 MBPS plus with plus net since moved over.

I complained them so many time and they only say you line is much stable at 4-6 mbps and they cant do anything.

I am with them since November 2016 wondering if there is a way i can pull out to other better provider without any penalty or we are covered by any consumer rights.

Please advice.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Key is how long is your contract .
    12 months from Nov16 or longer ??
    Solution is to pay your contract off and move .
    Origin are saying that your line is unstable and that they have lowered the profile to achieve a better connection .
    You should look at your contract and see if their is any minimum line speed .
  • Origin-Broadband
    Origin-Broadband Posts: 69 Organisation Representative
    softmind82 wrote: »
    Hi

I had worst speed of internet since moved to Origin broadband and lots of disconnection and sometime can't even browse webpages.

I get between 3-6 MBPS whereas i was getting 13 MBPS plus with plus net since moved over.

I complained them so many time and they only say you line is much stable at 4-6 mbps and they cant do anything.

I am with them since November 2016 wondering if there is a way i can pull out to other better provider without any penalty or we are covered by any consumer rights.

Please advice.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am sorry that you are having these speed issues, and I am keen to get these improved for you if i can.

If you would like to email me at origincomplaints@origin-broadband.co.uk.

I can check to see if fibre is available for you, and look to upgrade you to this until the end of your contract.

Please put the subject header as 'Money Saving Expert'.

Kind Regards,

Origin Complaints
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Origin Broadband. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I don't usually post but have found origin very slow and unhelpful. Originally signed up in December and took 5 weeks to activate, supposedly this was due to the festive period. Speeds were quite slow for streaming but to be expected as not using fibre. Just moved house and notified them in advance, couple of weeks in and they are still processing my order with no idea of when the line will be live. Not allowed to cancel without paying the full 12 month contract and get charged £30 for the price ledge of moving (this is standard). Currently paying for no service. Have spoken to other providers who could have me up and running in 2 weeks so not sure if delay. Can't wait till December when I can leave, which is actually January as they charge you full cost for the first month but don't tell you that on sign up. I'm sure other providers aren't great but I would certainly stay clear. Customer services promise to call you back, never do and I usually get transferred to at least 3 people. There are lots of other deals available, I'd pay the extra money!
  • Anyone get the "Package - Origin Superfast Reward Deal" with the £200 voucher after three months of being signed up? I can't find anything on how to claim this, I thought I took a screenshot of the original MSE post about how to do it but doesn't look like i did! tried a few searches but can't find anything.
    On the note of it being any good, the jury is still out for me. I have had a few occasions where it's buffered when streaming but haven't used it enough to give a solid outcome. I did phone customer services this week on a different matter and got through straight away and they sorted my issue so that's a good start i suppose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure