The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh SW you are naughty !! But it was a bargain price ;)
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 June 2017 at 10:14PM
    Options
    I know that's what i keep telling myself. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: After all this I had better like it when it comes. Remember when i ordered the Diana von Furstenburg at a cheap price and it made me look fat????? Please let this look ok on me:o

I have spent today ironing, washing more bedclothes and a tablecloth. Also i have texted many people who are selling bedroom drawers as i would like to swap my dressing table for another chest of drawers. I am deciding on one that is fairly local and hoping they get back to me asap as it would be great to be ready before i go back to work. I rang anyone that had a white drawer set available and it took ages. I am still waiting for some to reply. At four, i went to see some friends at a pub - i only spent £10 on drinks. I've just cancelled tomorrow's day out as i need to finish off my tidying of paperwork, mopping, hovering and 'work' work before more socials at the weekend.

Weather has been glorious!!!!!!!!!!! yay. :)
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    It is v humid here and hasn't rained yet but we are expecting it to sometime this afternoon. So far I have done all my 'work' work, made a curry, made one bed, planted one more petunia at the front of the house as the lavender are so small.

I haven't spent any money yet.:j
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Its hot here too ! Shouldn't complain really but I wish it would rain and clear the air. I have slept for an hour and just hoovered all downstairs and behind the sofa and I'm shattered :rotfl: New hoover is fab though :D
    Did you have any replies about the bedroom drawers ?
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 2 June 2017 at 8:04PM
    Options
    One has replied, it was the one that was too big and will fill up my bedroom so I decided against it. The smaller fleabay one I really want is on sale on Thursday when I am at work!!!!! but I will try to bid from home early so I get it. It is available from a seller 10 miles away and the builder can pick it up for me so I will be happy if I win the auction.

I am half way through buying a gumtr*e tallboy that almost matches it for a bargain price of £15. I do love buying stuff for cheap. I wish I had always done this as I would have loads of savings by now

The heat is really intense here. It still hasn't rained. I keep nodding off. I just have to vacuum one more room and then mop and I am done.

Then tomorrow I will sort out my paperwork and meet friends for a meal in town. I hope it is cheap as my direct debits haven't gone out yet and I am not sure how much I have exactly. :j:

One of the people I met yesterday mentioned she was made redundant with a terrible pay out 5 years before retirement. She has hardly any money now and regrets it. This is a lesson to me as with my health I know I probably wont be able to keep my job till I am 60. I keep thinking about renting out my spare bedroom and will take some photos of it over the hols. Any money from this will be my pension fund. I do hope it all works out.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Good luck with your gumtree purchase & ebay hope you win it. Its a lovely day today here, enjoy your meal out with friends.

Renting will be good income as long as you get a good clean considerate tenant.

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    edited 3 June 2017 at 9:30AM
    Options
    Ooooh what a palaver. We will find out tonight which one's i have or don't have as the sellers are rubbish at getting back to me. The fleabay one is currently on at £100 yikes.

The weather is gorgeous. i am looking forward to a great day out with my friends. :j I am just putting a wash on before i go. Everyone have a good day.
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    Hello my darlin' ♥

Hope you have a lovely day out today

We haven't had the thunderstorms or rain they promised yesterday or the other day, and we really need that rain

Don't pay £100+ for those drawers :eek: You can buy new for that ;)
    I've been lazy as usual today, but will do some decluttering tonight
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I won the bid for the chest of drawers including delivery it will cost £147!!!! but this is cheaper than the £180 in the shops. :D:D

We went to see WonderWoman (not like the 1970s so I couldn't sing along to the theme tune which was a shame but like the comic book I think). Quite a few double entendres which were funny, quite ridiculous woman in swimming costume in the the Great War plot but a laugh nonetheless. Money spent including travel, food and present for friend was £56.00.:eek::eek:
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hello petal, keep decluttering. I didn't see your post till now, it is v dear but I had already bid plus full price is £180. OMG it is boiling here too. Am car booting tomorrow. So excited.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure