Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• 29Found
    29Found Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    aimrie wrote: »
    I applied on the same day as you for FTB mortgage with the nationwide. At the exact same stage as well, I take it you are in Scotland with the valuation being accepted so quickly? Would be good to let us know if you hear anything more!

We are in the south east of England. I spoke to Nationwide yesterday who said that we have passed everything so far and that the application is in the final checks stage. Apparently they have up to 3 days to do this so we will have an answer by Friday at the latest!

Good luck for your application and keep us updated! :)
    I will win a big prize one day!
  • Nessa56
    Nessa56 Posts: 946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    skyview wrote: »
    Received formal mortgage offer from santnader 02-12-2015.
    Thanks everyone and Nessa56.

:j brilliant. Good luck

V
    X
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE 6 - MEMBER NUMBER 086 Special Star from Sue :staradmin :T:T
  • Well, I feel sick with nerves! Our application has been submitted via our broker to Santander. They've instructed a valuation (not sure if this is a good sign or not, as I think they immediately instruct valuations when opening cases these days).

We earn more than enough (we'll be borrowing approximately 3x salary, and will have over £2k left each month AFTER paying the mortgage), but we've only recently acquired the deposit funds through inheritance and some savings, as I've been concentrating on paying off a loan.

We don't have bad credit, but only recently moved, and although we've had the letter showing we're on the electoral roll the credit agencies don't appear to have been informed yet.

I'm not optimistic, despite the fact that affordability is not an issue at all. I'm just worried the other factors will make them write us off.

Anyway, fingers crossed!
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Hi Pablosammy, don't be too disheartened. My OH wasn't showing on the electoral roll so we sent the letter of confirmation in which was accepted fine :)

Fingers crossed for all!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • 29Found
    29Found Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    29Found wrote: »
    Hi All,

Can I join please?

We are FTB and we have applied for a mortgage online with Nationwide.

21st November - DIP approved.
    24th November - Mortgage applied for. Last month's bank statement and payslip requested for me and OH. Valuation requested and a Text received to say they had the application.
    25th November - Documentation sent in.
    27th November - Bank Statements were marked as satisfactory. Text to say valuation report had been received. Building Insurance Rebuild/Reinstatement value is given.
    1st December - Email from case advisor introducing herself. Payslips marked as satisfactory.

Hope we get our offer soon!

Offer received today :j 9 days since applying. Can't fault Nationwide at all. Brilliant service.
    I will win a big prize one day!
  • aimrie
    aimrie Posts: 8 Forumite
    29Found wrote: »
    Offer received today :j 9 days since applying. Can't fault Nationwide at all. Brilliant service.

Wish I could say the same but they have lost all of the HMRC documents I gave them regarding my self employed income and I have had to resbumit them! 4 working days to even look at them :mad:
  • FTB on the same rollercoaster of emotions! Current status:

09/11 - Offer on flat
    11/11 - Offer provisionally accepted based on 'qualification' (I'm relatively young to be buying in London and not sure they thought I was serious!)
    13/11 - Offer officially accepted
    14/11 - Mortgage application done with Nationwide
    17/11 - Confirmation to book Homebuyers survey

Valuation should apparently be in the next 3-5 days, which I'm most nervous about! Product I selected is only for 80% LTV and I had to offer over the asking price to get the property. As long as it comes back within 2k of the asking price, I'll be fine but prices have been going up by about 20k in the last couple of months and not sure the valuations will have caught up....

Info just through from the conveyancing solicitor but going to hold off on instructing them until I hear re. valuation

Nervy few days!

23/11 - Valuation done
    30/11 - Valuation received - £25,000 below agreed purchase price
    03/12 - Negotiation with vendor agreed to take £7.5k off purchase price (plus 5k extra mortgage released if freeholder does some work)

As I had feared, my property came back way below what was expected. Not too surprised because the price in the area has been going up v. fast - near Crossrail. But thanks to my lovely parents agreeing to lend me £3.5k, we've come up with a compromise.

Just need to get the mortgage finalised next!
  • Mortgage offer came through today!! :D

So just waiting on solicitors to do their stuff and we're good to go!

Does anyone have any idea how long itll take? Ideally we want to move early January, but not before christmas.
  • Waiting on decision from Halifax HTB 95% mortgage...

DIP July 2015
    Offer accepted 20/11/15 (took me ages to find a place!)
    Appointment with broker 26/11/15
    Application submitted 26/11/15
    Searches done on credit file 26/11/15
    Valuation fee taken 26/11/15
    Brief query re payslip sorted out by broker 27/11/15
    Valuation booked 27/11/15 for 2/12/15
    2/12/15 Valuation and Homebuyer's Survey

Haven't heard anything yet... the surveyor said the valuation would be entered that evening, and the homebuyer's survey would take a few days. Looking back at other threads with Halifax, a lot of people seem to have gotten the offer the day after the survey so maybe I should have heard by now...?

It's only been a week since submission of application though so we'll see.

Drives you crazy, this business.
  • Kyliewiley wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and we have put our application in 😁 here's our adventure so far!

AIP (Santander) - 10th July
    Offer accepted - 11th Nov (took a while to find a house we love!)
    New AIP (Santander) - 12th Nov (house value is 8k higher and saved a further 5% towards deposit so AIP generated with a now 15% deposit).
    From then we worried about recent late payments on credit report so umm'd and ahh'd until....
    19th Nov - met with mortgage broker again to go through everything
    20th Nov - application received by Santander!

I have every imaginable bodily part possible crossed. Nervous FTB. Eeeekkk!

Valuation - 26th Nov
    Offer received - 2nd December.

Very pleased :j:j:j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family