Paysafecard stole my money!

Options

Comments

• Villan33
    Villan33 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Sweetpea, who the hell do you think you are telling ppl how to run their lives? If I want to spend/blow/pee up the wall, whatever you want to call it, £100, then thats my business, its got nothing to do with you whatsoever. I play poker as a form of leisure, its my hobby and i enjoy playing it. If I couldnt afford to play it, i wouldnt. I mean for gods sake, do you preach to ppl to stop smoking, drinking, playing the national lottery for fear of what it might do to them? You obviously lead a very dull life!
  • blacksleepofkali
    Options
    Now now lads, no need to ride the lion into war here, each to his own.
    Everyone mind his own business and peace be with you.
    I personally never had a problem with paysafecard and i use it all the time, worked flawless untill now, i guess there should always be room for misunderstandings and misstakes, like their should be room for tolerance. (and what i spend my PSC on is entirely up to me ;)
  • keyser666
    keyser666 Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    Techhead wrote: »
    What is it, if it isn't gambling? The Collins English dictionary defines poker as a card game where players bet on the outcome of hands.
    you should be looking up the definition of gambling, not poker
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,774 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Villan33 wrote: »
    So let me get this right sweetpea, because Im crediting an online poker site with £100, it 'sounds' like I have a gambling problem? So basically what your saying is that everyone who gambles, whether it be poker, bingo, slots, roulette,lottery etc etc all have a problem? FYI, I do not have a problem, I play with what I can afford to lose, if I lose I lose, If I win its a bonus. You obviously have been down that slippery road yourself otherwise you wouldnt have made such a pathetic statement. With regards to how much I earn, mind your own business! Thank you and have a good evening.
    Villan33 wrote: »
    Sweetpea, who the hell do you think you are telling ppl how to run their lives? If I want to spend/blow/pee up the wall, whatever you want to call it, £100, then thats my business, its got nothing to do with you whatsoever. I play poker as a form of leisure, its my hobby and i enjoy playing it. If I couldnt afford to play it, i wouldnt. I mean for gods sake, do you preach to ppl to stop smoking, drinking, playing the national lottery for fear of what it might do to them? You obviously lead a very dull life!

If you're going to criticise another poster for jumping to conclusions about you it might be an idea not do do the same thing to that poster!:cool:
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • lone_ranger19
    Options
    CUSTOMER COMPLAINT

Open Letter to the CEO (MD) of Paysafe

Dear Mr Udo Muller,

I am very disappointed with the service provided by your company. Today I deposited £350 in to my new Paysafe wallet which I opened on the 8th of April 2014. When I first opened the account I deposited £200 and applied for the unlimited status. Some 10 days later I received an email to say that the documents were not correct, as you required the Back of My ID card and the utility bill was rejected. I logged in to my account today to upload the correct documents and when you click on the link to research which ID you require you get a 404 error so you need to fix this link.

I therefore uploaded my documents and searched for a contact number to speak to Someone at Paysafe at which point I was told that the documents had been received and to be “Patient” for someone to look at this. However I can not use the funds I paid in to the account because of the limit of £250 you have with Skrill, and I am not happy if I have to wait 10 days and then someone may tell me the documents are incorrect. I was told it would all need to be looked at by your “Technical Team” and that I could not speak to them and neither could your customer care assistant. When I urged her to speak to someone in the team she duly hung up on me, which has infuriated me.

I called back and spoke to another member of staff who was equally as unsympathetic and duly told me to be patient again. I am not at all pleased with the service provided by your company and I will be posting this open letter on every single customer feedback forum I can find associated with your company.

Kind Regards
    Unhappy Customer
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    CUSTOMER COMPLAINT

Open Letter to the CEO (MD) of Paysafe

Dear Mr Udo Muller,

I am very disappointed with the service provided by your company. Today I deposited £350 in to my new Paysafe wallet which I opened on the 8th of April 2014. When I first opened the account I deposited £200 and applied for the unlimited status. Some 10 days later I received an email to say that the documents were not correct, as you required the Back of My ID card and the utility bill was rejected. I logged in to my account today to upload the correct documents and when you click on the link to research which ID you require you get a 404 error so you need to fix this link.

I therefore uploaded my documents and searched for a contact number to speak to Someone at Paysafe at which point I was told that the documents had been received and to be “Patient” for someone to look at this. However I can not use the funds I paid in to the account because of the limit of £250 you have with Skrill, and I am not happy if I have to wait 10 days and then someone may tell me the documents are incorrect. I was told it would all need to be looked at by your “Technical Team” and that I could not speak to them and neither could your customer care assistant. When I urged her to speak to someone in the team she duly hung up on me, which has infuriated me.

I called back and spoke to another member of staff who was equally as unsympathetic and duly told me to be patient again. I am not at all pleased with the service provided by your company and I will be posting this open letter on every single customer feedback forum I can find associated with your company.

Kind Regards
    Unhappy Customer
    When did you open your Paysafe wallet?

We are still in March.
  • MorePie
    Options
    Just wanted to add my own story about Paysafecard as I am getting nowhere with their support. My personal opinion is they are scamming people out of money, alongside their normal business.

Paysafecard is advertised as a way of not sending your bank details over the internet, instead you go to a local shop with a paypoint machine and exchange your money for a paysafecard which is basically a PIN number on a printed receipt. When you choose to pay on a site that accepts paysafe, you just have to enter the pin number for payment.

This sounded great to me being that I am a computer security guy who has seen many insecure websites storing credit card information incorrectly, so I rarely enter my card details anywhere online.

I purchased a card from a local shop and less than an hour later attempted to use it only to be told the card was blocked. I contacted paysafe by email and had no answer so I phoned them where they told me I had to email them a photo of my receipt. As I went to email them the picture I had just taken, I noticed they had just replied to my email hours before asking for the photo too. So I emailed them the photo of the receipt.

I got a reply thanking me for the photo and now they required my bank details, sort code and a photo of my passport emailed to them. A big part of the reason I purchased the card in the first place was to not send my bank details over the internet yet here they are asking me to do so in a way even less secure than before. They are basically asking me to send things that can be used for ID fraud over email, which I will not do.

So I emailed them asking if they can just unblock the card or re-issue another pin number as I won't send those details across the internet to anyone. The reply was just a copy and paste of the previous email asking for the bank details.

I sent another email asking for an alternative resolution or their complaints procedure and they have not replied. Googling around it seems they give a lot of people the silent treatment and there are many who have refused to send those kind of details to them, so they are making a nice amount of money by blocking these cards the instant they are first used and then holding the money to ransom by requesting all these things.

I am a computer security expert, there is no malware on my machine. I also run linux which doesn't have malware problems to the degree windows machines do. So I know that I am not infected with anything that is logging my keystrokes or intercepting my http/s requests to sites, which is how some of these steal this kind of data. No one could have used that pin before I used it about 45 minutes after purchasing it. Even if someone has worked out the algorithm for their pin numbers, the number of pins is so great the odds are astronomical of them using the one I purchased in that time frame.

So they simply blocked the new card I purchased and held it to ransom.

The money amount I paid paysafecard is fairly small and I would prefer to lose it than send pictures of my passport and bank details over the internet. Yet out of principal I intend to follow it up with the FCA or a similar service. They are ignoring me asking for a complaints procedure which they have to supply within 24 hours, which has been 3 days now. I asked for an alternative resolution to sending my bank details over the internet twice, the first time they replied with exactly a cut and paste of the first email asking me to send all the bank details, the second time I asked for a alternative resolution was in the mail that asked for the complaint procedure, which they just decided not to reply too.

Google is littered with people this has happened too and I wish I had read the reviews and horror stores before. All I can do is add mine and hope others don't have similar dealings with this company. I would avoid them like the plague.
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    I used to use paysafe cards for online gambling a few years ago. They blocked me once and I found out from the shop that it was due to a large amount of fraud which occured at that paticular shop (customers). I suspect that the reason some people get blocked is the very same reason why you like the "no bank details" aspect, they need to blanket block individual retailers to prevent fraud.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    abbakhan wrote: »
    Please give a Like "Paysafecard SCAM" page at Facebook:
    Paysafecard-SCAM-1053325654698620/

I am not allowed to post url here.

There's a good reason for that.

Why would anyone like scams?

Bizarre.
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    There's a good reason for that.

Why would anyone like scams?

Bizarre.

You bored commenting on 18 month old threads? Nearly as bored as me, posting about you, posting on 18 month old threads?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure