Debenhams Sales Tactics

Hi
Hoping for a little advice Re: Debenhams Sale, last weekend.
I ordered some glasses online, to be collected in store.
After payment was taken, I received an email, saying order was being processed and would be contacted shortly (18/11).
On 19/11 received new email saying order had been cancelled- unable to fulfil, payment refunded.
Went online today and items are back in stock, at full price again.
Rang Debenhams today, spoke to a lady who told me the warehouse had no stock on Sunday 18th and that they were now back in stock, but only at full price.
Debenhams T's & C's seem to be a little 'grey' as to when they actually accept contact being formulated, even though they are quite happy to take payment.
Could you please advise whether its worth pursuing with Debenhams, or possibly raising a case with Trading Standards.

Many Thanks

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have replied to your earlier thread.
  • Slowhand
    Slowhand Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Wits_End wrote: »
    Hi
    After payment was taken, I received an email, saying order was being processed and would be contacted shortly (18/11).
    On 19/11 received new email saying order had been cancelled- unable to fulfil, payment refunded.
    Rang Debenhams today, spoke to a lady who told me the warehouse had no stock on Sunday 18th and that they were now back in stock, but only at full price.
    Debenhams T's & C's seem to be a little 'grey' as to when they actually accept contact being formulated, even though they are quite happy to take payment.
    Could you please advise whether its worth pursuing with Debenhams, or possibly raising a case with Trading Standards.

Many Thanks

Neither, as has been explained in your other thread by wealdroam. However you may get somewhere with Debenhams if you phone and 'be nice' ie you tell them you understand you are not legally entitled to the glasses but are so disappointed/loyal customer etc.
  • CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    Wits_End wrote: »
    Hi

Many Thanks

Hi Wits End - we're not covering consumer issues on the board at the moment. We'd suggest contacting our Consumer Helpline (08454 04 05 06, 9am to 5pm, Mondays to Fridays), to get advice on where you stand on this. Alternatively, you could try contacting your local bureau.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure