Poundland Bargain Thread -

Comments

• Sequeena
    Sequeena Posts: 4,728 Forumite
    crumb catcher bibs (I got them in green and blue)
    best-baby-bibs.png

HiPP Organic gently steamed sweet red pepper & aubergine penne (2 pots)
    0203201103141347SweetRedPepperAuberginePenne_400_400.jpg

Both in the neath store
    Wife and mother :j
    Grocery budget
    April week 1 - £42.78 | week 2 - £53.05
    24lbs in 12 weeks 15/24
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 July 2012 at 10:22PM
    imho wrote: »
    They are rubbish thats why they are a £1.Sounds like sound is coming out off a baked bean tin.
    Yeh, I bought one in pink earlier and it is beyond rubbish. The phone's internal speaker is louder.

Doubt I'll get a refund but it's definitely not fit for purpose (could get some more creamed rice packets, haha).

As for the mini disposable BBQs: I bought my sis some weeks ago and we still haven't used them..the weather's been too crap!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 24 July 2012 at 6:36PM
    Found some Stila at last. Happy days :T:T:T

ETA: the only shade available was bronze, which being olive-skinned I was happy with. I tried it today, and it was a bit dark but passable for summer. I might be from Essex but never thought I'd look like TOWIE ;)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • wushyboo
    wushyboo Posts: 228 Forumite
    hi i know poundland staff frequent this thread at work we are having an irish/lucky pot of gold promo i was wondering what the likely hood i would get some irish stock eg hats and gold choc coins or has anyone else got suggestion where i got get some cheap irish stuff instantly/high street?
    2012 wins- FB Clean Campaign eyebrow kit, Heinz ketchup Indian Spices, 4x rocky road squares, magners eye-pads, £500 from pepsi, 3x green&black cooking choc bars
    WLTW-Lots of Money, Concert Tickets, Holiday/Hotel break, Kitchen Goodies
  • Just an update on my first post last year about cheap seeds and plants. The sunflowers I mentioned (6 and 7 Footers) are on their next generation of giants as the produced hundreds of seeds!! The 99p hibiscus has grown a bit but not flowered, and the Raspberries are providing a dessert for 2 every other day!

I have found that Freecycle (local sheffield one is called Freegle, as Chickywiggle will know :-) is excellent for gardeners. There is nearly always someone getting shut of old plants and cuttings, or asking for plants in particular that you may have too many of (Even trees). It is a Yahoo group. You can give away or ask for anything you like (except animals and mother-in-laws). Cars for mechanics to tinker with. Old washers working or not. Old carpets for allotment keepers (yes any condition as long as the recipient gets an accurate detail before collection). And of course it is great for new mums and first time homeowners, or anyone on a tight budget.
    Xglennigogs
  • I know nearly all of the people posting on Freecycle are honest, but I would suggest caution before accepting any topsoil (a lot is offered) without checking with the offerer that it has not had any invasive plants such as Japanese knotweed in it. Same goes for rubble extracted from below topsoil. Its a sod to get rid of (needs burning down over a period of years) and I think it is a national concern now with the government who are going through steps to eradicate it in the UK.
  • flandot
    flandot Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    I found some Stila yesterday. Foundation in shade K which was waaaaaay too dark for me, hair refresher, and foundation sponges.

This was in the Belfast branch near Victoria Square.
    Feb wins: Angry Birds mug, £250 Perfume Shop bundle :D
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    well remembered glennigogs.
    here's the humerous side of freegle/ freecycle for anyone who uses it and wants a laugh. linky

wushyboo I don't think you'll pick up much Irish stuff (unless it's coming up to St, Patricks Day). Try e-bay?
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • izzydogsam
    izzydogsam Posts: 190 Forumite
    Stila angel light whitening powder foundation refill in shade d and Stila SPF30 sheer colour tinted moisturiser in light 03 in Dewsbury store today :j
    :dance:£2 savers challenge:dance:
    £152/£200
    :naughty:Still trying to pay off my CC :naughty:
    £3,800/£4,343 paid off
  • nikflo
    nikflo Posts: 504 Forumite
    Got the fold flat water bottles today in the Sutton branch. Wish I'd got more be ideal for kids for school, can't see them lasting the school holidays as will be used daily.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback