Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary

Options

Comments

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Quite a long day at work yesterday - all meeting and no earnings :p:p still has to be done.

I also bought some new clothes for work, my current clothes are really looking shabby and a couple of tops have just become too washed out/bobbly to wear. I haven't tried them on yet but got 3 tops for £40. I've been looking in charity shops but not seen anything suitable or in my size :(. I could also do with a new pair of work trousers so will maybe look next week.

I stewed some plums with oorange zest and a cinammon stick so will freeze that for over the winter along with some bramble compote. I only have a small freezer so it won't be loads but will squeeze in what I can. No work today so will have a go at the bramble jelly and report back later on my attempts :)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Orange zest! One of the things in my mega shop was 500g of tangerines/ mandarins/ whatever (a bargain for 60p), and I really want to play about with making dried orange rind or zest, whatever turns out to be easier. I realise this may not be the best use of my energy :o but I get a bit bored just living off the basics :rotfl:

Loving the bramble jelly, hope it goes well for you :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Hazelnutty
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe!
    Choose kind:)
  • teapot2
    Options
    Well bramble jelly made but TBH was a lot of faff and not sure I'd make it again until I have more spare time :o. I think I'll just make bramble compote to freeze and bramble loaf or muffins for now.

Work yesterday was long and tiring and am glad its the weekend. Had a bit of a long lie this morning then after breakfast checked the banks, did a money shuffle and paid the CCs which were due so all paid for this month. Cashed out £11 from Prolific and overpaid it to a CC. Claimed a £5 Am@zon voucher from OO which will add to the birthday/Christmas fund. Am up to almost £20 on 1poll so getting there slowly.

Need to get some bread today and also have a 50p off loo roll voucher which is about to run out. I'll do an online shopping order this morning as well. Best get on with that :)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't blame you one bit on the time/bramble jelly equation - its lovely, but straining things is a faff, there's no doubt. I'm hoping my focus on gardening will finish before the berries in my fridge, and the quince ripening on the plant, need to be done :) Hope you've got some relaxation time planned today.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your weekend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teapot2
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Don't blame you one bit on the time/bramble jelly equation - its lovely, but straining things is a faff, there's no doubt. I'm hoping my focus on gardening will finish before the berries in my fridge, and the quince ripening on the plant, need to be done :) Hope you've got some relaxation time planned today.

Yes, I had a Heath Robinson arrangement on the kitchen table consisting of a stool and 2 garden canes with a teatowel tied up and suspended over a large mixing bowl :D. It worked well enough but only 4 jars of jelly out of all that work so might leave making that again until I retire [if I ever do]. Sounds like its a bit of a balance between garden and fruit management for you, lovely to have quince though. Relaxation was being enjoyed with cat on lap until out of the corner of my eye I noticed a large 8 legged critter was on the settee and advancing. End of relaxation :eek::eek::eek:
  • teapot2
    Options
    Did a bread and looroll top up shop y'day and got a couple of bananas as well. Used my voucher towards the looroll. Washing done and hung up - was threatening rain so just inside.

Hoping to do some cleaning in the kitchen today, the splash-back tiles need a good scrub and the unit doors could do with a wipe down. If I ever get a new kitchen I'd have flat doors, The current ones have all these ledges and inset bits where anything spilled gathers and they are fiddly to clean :p

Have written up a couple of invoices this morning so will email them off later. The cat sitter is coming late afternoon to collect the house key. Best get on with the cleaning.....
  • teapot2
    Options
    Quite a bit of cleaning done but now that the cooker hood is sparkling, it just shows up the grime everywhere else so the kitchen will be a work in progress :o.

Ordered more catfood and litter and edited my online food order which is coming tomorrow evening.

Its a holiday weekend here as we don't have the August BH but I'm working as am on holiday the week after. Got a busy week so need to do some meal planning otherwise I'll end up buying lunches and random food.

Going to get my bag and clothes ready for the morning then head to bed.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a good week :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback