Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    • 8,675Posts
    • 28,901Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 6:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 575
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 13th Sep 19, 10:40 AM
    • 2,074 Posts
    • 5,176 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    The manager of my local Subway who has obviously told all the staff they need to upsell:

"Do you want a footlong?" - No, hence the reason I asked you for a 6 inch sub only 5 seconds ago
    "Do you want extra cheese?" - No, if I want extra anything I'll ask for it
    "Do you want a drink?" - Not since you started serving rat p*** out of a fountain (aka Pepsi)
    • colinw
    • By colinw 13th Sep 19, 10:49 AM
    • 55,643 Posts
    • 153,282 Thanks
    colinw
    The manager of my local Subway who has obviously told all the staff they need to upsell:

"Do you want a footlong?" - No, hence the reason I asked you for a 6 inch sub only 5 seconds ago
    "Do you want a drink?" - Not since you started serving rat p*** out of a fountain (aka Pepsi)
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    Greggs are similar if you only buy a coffee....mind the offer of getting something with coffee is quite good
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 13th Sep 19, 11:06 AM
    • 2,074 Posts
    • 5,176 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Greggs are similar if you only buy a coffee....mind the offer of getting something with coffee is quite good
    Originally posted by colinw
    Asking if you want something extra (drink or cheese in my example) isn't unreasonable, it's the fact they now ask if I want a large sandwich immediately after I've specifically asked for small one which I find ridiculous, and mildly annoying.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 13th Sep 19, 11:38 AM
    • 5,086 Posts
    • 4,791 Thanks
    dekaspace

To be fair, what I notice at mine is the staff can get swamped and forget, or people can change their mind or ask for extras when the sandwich is finished so the staff have to reopen it.

That and they ask if people want salad and as its being put on people say "I don't/didn't want X on the salad" I have even seen people get agressive over having something put on the salad that they didn't want and demanding a replacement order.

And at one point it was cheaper for certain subs to come with a drink, again once about a year ago saw a member of staff serving a teen boy tell him it was cheaper to get a school deal which would be 3 as otherwise it would be 4.20, the kid does so and tells his dad who asks why he has a cookie as he wasn't paying for that and the staff member explains and the dad gets rude with the staff member for confusing the kid and threatens to complain!
    • joho
    • By joho 13th Sep 19, 1:31 PM
    • 4,113 Posts
    • 14,337 Thanks
    joho
    Anything you wanted?
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Unfortunately not. All the same email warning of some fraudulent behaviour on an account.
    There - in that place; they're - they are; their - owned by them.
    If you have nothing constructive to say, just move along.
    • MissPickle
    • By MissPickle 13th Sep 19, 3:18 PM
    • 1,665 Posts
    • 2,075 Thanks
    MissPickle
    Asking if you want something extra (drink or cheese in my example) isn't unreasonable, it's the fact they now ask if I want a large sandwich immediately after I've specifically asked for small one which I find ridiculous, and mildly annoying.
    Poundland are getting bad at this.
    Do you want... do you want... do you want...
    3 things on the trot.
    I wouldnt mind, but it's stuff that's in front of your nose!
    No love... I'll tell you if I want it. It's right there, I didn't miss it!
    I normally say... only if you're paying
    Nearly got me a date once. I turned him down. Far too young.
    Smile... It'll confuse em.
    • tealady
    • By tealady 13th Sep 19, 6:46 PM
    • 3,122 Posts
    • 4,044 Thanks
    tealady
    Wifi keeps dropping out while I am trying to shop online.
    Am almost out of swear words as have used so many shouting at the router
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    Judge people by their achievements, not by their mistakes
    • Long Gone Silver
    • By Long Gone Silver 14th Sep 19, 6:57 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Long Gone Silver
    Originally posted by tealady
    Tut tut tut
    Not with Talk Talk are you?
    • elsien
    • By elsien 14th Sep 19, 7:00 PM
    • 19,708 Posts
    • 50,036 Thanks
    elsien
    Originally posted by tealady
    Mine's been doing that. Turned out to be a setting that needed adjusting at their end. Have you contacted them to run a check?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 14th Sep 19, 7:55 PM
    • 10,279 Posts
    • 16,919 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    Know what you mean about the shop annoyances. Superdrug is another one, you can't buy a tube of toothpaste without being asked if you would like their special offer fragrances, which are often about 40!

Greggs amuse me when you buy a sausage roll for (now) 1 and they say you can have a hot drink with that to make a 2.50 meal deal - when the individual items would only total 2.

But my real pet hate is shops that ask if they can send you an e-receipt... pure marketing ploy to get hold of your email address and then bombard you with spam for ever more.
    I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe

• elsien
    • By elsien 14th Sep 19, 8:06 PM
    • 19,708 Posts
    • 50,036 Thanks
    elsien
    Poorly Gitdog.
    As always, he's waited till the day before I go away and he's in kennels. Might have to start hiding the calendar from him.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • tealady
    • By tealady 15th Sep 19, 6:38 AM
    • 3,122 Posts
    • 4,044 Thanks
    tealady
    Tut tut tut
    Not with Talk Talk are you?
    Originally posted by Long Gone Silver
    No BT and it is usually so reliable.
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    • tealady
    • By tealady 15th Sep 19, 6:39 AM
    • 3,122 Posts
    • 4,044 Thanks
    tealady
    Poorly Gitdog.
    As always, he's waited till the day before I go away and he's in kennels. Might have to start hiding the calendar from him.
    Originally posted by elsien
    Poor Gitdog, hope he is better. I love hearing about his antics.
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,772Posts Today

7,402Users online

Martin's Twitter