4th time in a year 1st class parcel has been late.

13»

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,018
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 14 September 2019 at 3:24PM
    Jud12345 wrote: »
    They are the biggest mail carrier in the UK, they have a duty to deliver items whatever it may be in a reasonable time frame, making someone have to wait a week in there house and have to cancel everything else is not acceptable. I don't give a toss what there corporate lingo says, just so they can cover there own backs.
    Is my item guaranteed to arrive next day?
    Although we aim to deliver 93% of 1st Class mail the next working day after posting, we are unable to provide a guaranteed service. For guaranteed next day delivery we recommend Special Delivery Guaranteed™.

The whole idea of the post office is you do not need to stay in and wait. Not delivered, card left go and pick up from sorting office next day.
    South Yorkshire, not anywhere out of the way. I trust the seller has sent the item because i have used him before.
    Well South Yorkshire covers anything from Cities through to remote cottages.
    Just because you have used them before, does not mean they have not said it was sent on Monday, but forgot to add that was dropped of after picking up time. So it would not actually start the delivery process till Tuesday afternoon.
    Add in size of package can make a difference to how it is handled by your delivery team.
    Where I live (small town) large packages (that is something that will not fit in their sack with the rest of their round) will have to come via a van. Which may not be available on that day.

Very easy for local postie to blame management etc. As it deflects the complaint away from them. As they are not going to say "Can't be bothered today as it would not fit in the sack that was full. Will have to wait till I have room or a van can bring it out.
    Life in the slow lane
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport