Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • xlnc99
    • By xlnc99 10th Sep 19, 9:05 PM
    • 410Posts
    • 45Thanks
    xlnc99
    CCJ Removal By Consent
    • 10th Sep 19, 9:05 PM
    CCJ Removal By Consent 10th Sep 19 at 9:05 PM
    Hi folks,

Will keep this thread to update you on the progress for anyone else who is in a similar situation or looking to get a CCJ removed.

Ive applied for two CCJs to be removed by consent, both parties have agreed and forms have been sent. Its not a guarantee and its likely it could be not upheld. If that is the case i will be applying for a set aside.

Has anyone got a CCJ removed by consent?
Page 2
    • xlnc99
    • By xlnc99 11th Sep 19, 2:03 PM
    • 410 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    xlnc99
    in reality its a form of a punishment. Either way 6 years is too excessive. It should be no more then 3 years. As mentioned before everyone has different circumstances and situations leading up the a CCJ.

That is why the world is a messed up place!
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 11th Sep 19, 2:04 PM
    • 4,023 Posts
    • 3,596 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    Six years does fly by though...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• xlnc99
    • By xlnc99 11th Sep 19, 2:13 PM
    • 410 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    xlnc99
    Originally posted by Willing2Learn
    Only the good times fly by. The bad times feel like an eternity!
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 11th Sep 19, 2:16 PM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 3,974 Thanks
    AndyPix
    I don't see the point of this thread
    Running with scissors since 1978
    • xlnc99
    • By xlnc99 11th Sep 19, 2:29 PM
    • 410 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    xlnc99
    I don't see the point of this thread
    Originally posted by AndyPix
    Yet it was a intriguing of you to respond to it!

The points are simple

1 - i am asking if anyone has had a CCJ removed by consent
    2 - i am explaining to people who are in similar situations how to go about doing it

After all this is a forum!
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 11th Sep 19, 2:34 PM
    • 4,023 Posts
    • 3,596 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    Originally posted by Willing2Learn
    Only the good times fly by. The bad times feel like an eternity!
    Originally posted by xlnc99
    You are slowing down time by your endless search for 'loopholes'...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 11th Sep 19, 3:40 PM
    • 6,190 Posts
    • 4,122 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    6 years is perfectly fine.

The law on data retention for financial products is that information can be held indefinitely, and some organisations do - so even when CCJ's and Defaults have dropped off organisations can still "blacklist" you internally and choose not to have you as a customer.
    • JayAsh
    • By JayAsh 11th Sep 19, 4:01 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    JayAsh
    I'm looking into this process at the moment - I gained a CCJ that came about due to a debt that I knew nothing about (I was out of the country for work). I paid the debt as soon as I found out about it.
    I'm now looking at getting the CCJ removed as it was due to unfortunate circumstances and doesn't reflect my lendibility or financial situation at all.
    The company that I owed the debt to has agreed to assist me with the consent order to remove the CCJ from my record - and why wouldn't they? It's no skin off their nose and they are helping someone out.
    I now need to figure out how to go about the paperwork, i.e. is there a template "consent order" somewhere?
    • xlnc99
    • By xlnc99 11th Sep 19, 4:23 PM
    • 410 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    xlnc99
    I'm looking into this process at the moment - I gained a CCJ that came about due to a debt that I knew nothing about (I was out of the country for work). I paid the debt as soon as I found out about it.
    I'm now looking at getting the CCJ removed as it was due to unfortunate circumstances and doesn't reflect my lendibility or financial situation at all.
    The company that I owed the debt to has agreed to assist me with the consent order to remove the CCJ from my record - and why wouldn't they? It's no skin off their nose and they are helping someone out.
    I now need to figure out how to go about the paperwork, i.e. is there a template "consent order" somewhere?
    Originally posted by JayAsh
    There are a few ways of doing the consent order, but generally most of the wording is the same. Google consent form templates and you will see a few of them. Pretty basic letters with about 4 or 5 bullet points. Ask the company to draft one out for you first if they will and sign it. Also have a look at leagle beagle forums - they have a few templates
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 12th Sep 19, 8:19 AM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 3,974 Thanks
    AndyPix
    OP, Im not sure why you think any company is going to allow you to remove a CCJ .. ??
    On what basis have they agreed to this , and do you have it in writing ?

Im still confused
    • xlnc99
    • By xlnc99 12th Sep 19, 8:49 AM
    • 410 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    xlnc99
    What are you confused about? A company do not remove any CCJ. They agree for an application to remove the CCJ by consent and then its filed to the court for the judge to see. Sometimes the judge agree sometimes they dont. A consent form is a statement that both parties agree for the CCJ to be removed. You dont need a reason on the consent form for it to be removed, you just need the company to agree.

Its standard practice. In my case i told them i did not receive the paperwork and would make payment upon agreement of the CCJ being removed. There are cases in which a CCJ has already been paid and a company has agreed for a CCJ to be removed.

Alll depends on whether you get the company to agree and whether a judge agrees. Nothing is 100%

All has already been submitted to the court so its past the writing stage, both parties have signed
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 12th Sep 19, 11:35 AM
    • 6,190 Posts
    • 4,122 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    We don't understand why you think you can get out of dodge for all your wrong doings "because you read about it somewhere on the interwebs".
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 12th Sep 19, 1:16 PM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 3,974 Thanks
    AndyPix
    What are you confused about? A company do not remove any CCJ. They agree for an application to remove the CCJ by consent
    That's what im confused about .
    Why would they agree to that ??

Its standard practice.
    It can't be that standard - iv never heard of it before

In my case i told them i did not receive the paperwork and would make payment upon agreement of the CCJ being removed.
    So you blackmailed them ?

There are cases in which a CCJ has already been paid and a company has agreed for a CCJ to be removed.

Which cases ? Or are you making that up ?

Alll depends on whether you get the company to agree and whether a judge agrees. Nothing is 100%

All has already been submitted to the court so its past the writing stage, both parties have signed

All sounds very wooly to me - and frankly I don't think it going to happen (or should happen)
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 12th Sep 19, 1:24 PM
    • 6,190 Posts
    • 4,122 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter

All sounds very wooly to me - and frankly I don't think it going to happen (or should happen)
    TLDR - it happened to other people on the interwebs, along with John Smith round the corner and Jimmy Krankie up the road, therefore it applies to everyone else (regardless of being different situations).
    • xlnc99
    • By xlnc99 12th Sep 19, 2:26 PM
    • 410 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    xlnc99

Why wouldnt they agree to it? They dont lose out on anything. They dont make any payments to the court for the application or do any work. There could also be circumstances in which they are forced to agree, i.e wrong paperwork, person didnt recieve notification, judgement in error etc. It has zero effect on them whether they agree it or not.

It is standard. For anyone who has a CCJ or researching this topic it comes up often. A quick google of 'CCJ removed by consent' will show you hundreds of pages filled with information. The first page on Google will actually show full pages of solicitors firms who actually explain the process. Leagle beagle forums have hundreds of these cases. Infact, this very forum has many cases like this including the person on this very thread who did the same thing and was successful.

Not sure how you can classify this as blackmail as a judgement is already been placed. So legally they have been awarded the money. They just have to collect it. They can turn around and say no, they wont agree to sign the consent form. They are still owed the money and it still has to be paid.

Refer to post number 2

It may well not happen. There is no guarantee at all. Infact its becoming more and more common that judges are rejecting these applications.
    • SSDD23
    • By SSDD23 12th Sep 19, 3:00 PM
    • 1,427 Posts
    • 4,394 Thanks
    SSDD23
    Why wouldnt they agree to it? They dont lose out on anything
    Well, there's the fact that whilst you have a CCJ they can chase you for the money. What's to say you'll say you will pay them and then you don't?

It's also a bit of a reach to present the other guy's case mentioned on this thread as support of your theory when it's a completely different scenario lol.
    Debt Target #06 - 0/426.99 (0%)
    Debts busted: 5/11
    NSD Target: 6/15
    EF: 125 - HTB: 130 - Car 168
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 12th Sep 19, 3:05 PM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 3,974 Thanks
    AndyPix
    This whole thing is ridiculous

Best of luck
    • xlnc99
    • By xlnc99 12th Sep 19, 3:05 PM
    • 410 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    xlnc99
    Well, there's the fact that whilst you have a CCJ they can chase you for the money. What's to say you'll say you will pay them and then you don't?

Its always usually a condition of the consent form if the CCJ is not already paid.

It's also a bit of a reach to present the other guy's case mentioned on this thread as support of your theory when it's a completely different scenario lol.
    Originally posted by SSDD23
    The thing with a consent form is it does not matter what the situation is. No personal reasons or circumstances need to be given. Its just an agreement between both parties to remove the CCJ. So personal circumstances do not matter for a consent form. Setting aside a judgement without a consent form is a different matter
    • SSDD23
    • By SSDD23 12th Sep 19, 3:10 PM
    • 1,427 Posts
    • 4,394 Thanks
    SSDD23
    This whole thing is ridiculous

Best of luck
    Agreed.

Debt Target #06 - 0/426.99 (0%)
    Debts busted: 5/11
    NSD Target: 6/15
    EF: 125 - HTB: 130 - Car 168
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,940Posts Today

7,288Users online

Martin's Twitter