Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Silveirinha
    • By Silveirinha 10th Sep 19, 2:18 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Silveirinha
    High interst rate on arrears for secured loan
    • 10th Sep 19, 2:18 PM
    High interst rate on arrears for secured loan 10th Sep 19 at 2:18 PM
    Hello,
    My ex husband and I took out a secured loans with Prestige (then GE money) 15 years ago. My ex shortly left me after that when I was on MAT leaave. As I was on MAT leave I quickly found my self in arrears. My EX never contributed a penny. For the last 6 years I have made every monthly payment plus a bit extra to bring down my arrears. However when i got a statement it said I still owe 34K (original amount) and that I was being charged intererst on the arrears (2k) . My monthly paymetns are 420 ( including extra for arrears) however my interest is nearly 300 a month. My loan is due to expire in 2021 yet I still owe nealry the whole amount. Is this allowed? is there anything I can do? Due to recieving no maintainence from ex money is very tight to see a solicitor.Thanks
Page 2
    • shortcutlacie
    • By shortcutlacie 12th Sep 19, 7:07 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    shortcutlacie
    You better ask for a statement to know in detail.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,920Posts Today

7,339Users online

Martin's Twitter