Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jamie21
    • By jamie21 10th Sep 19, 10:55 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jamie21
    Plusnet Broadband Offer Problems
    • 10th Sep 19, 10:55 AM
    Plusnet Broadband Offer Problems 10th Sep 19 at 10:55 AM
    I don't know if this is the correct place to post this - if not admins please feel free to relocate it. In July I was looking for a new broadband supplier and came to this site after I received a mailshot that detailed an offer from Plusnet of an 18 month deal for 27.99 with a 60 pre-paid debit card cashback. I came to this site and followed the link and signed up on line. As part of the sign up process I was offered a further discount if I paid the line rental for 12 months up front. I did this and at the end of the online sign up I received a synopsis of the contract which stated that my broadband cost would increase from month 13. I contacted Plusnet and it became apparent that I'd been signed up to a 12 month deal - not the 18 month deal. i immediately called Plusnet and queried this and even suggested I cancel and start again but was assured this would all be sorted out once my account went live. Well this hasn't happened and the latest from Plusnet is the suggestion that I need to talk to MSE about getting the 60 cashback which is obviously ridiculous. I'd just like to alert others thinking of taking up a Plusnet deal as to these issues. I've been on the Plusnet forum and there is at least one other person who has had a similar issue. Maybe MSE needs to look further into the offers they get as an 'affiliate' as the Plusnet agent described MSE.
Page 1
    • jamie21
    • By jamie21 11th Sep 19, 1:18 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jamie21
    • 11th Sep 19, 1:18 PM
    • 11th Sep 19, 1:18 PM
    I've just received a further response from Plusnet regarding this issue.
    Dear Mr allan,

Thank you for your patience.

Our marketing team have got back in touch and confirmed that it is indeed Money Saving Expert who you will need to speak to in regards to the cashback offer as this is there deal not our own.

For any further assistance with your account please do not hesitate to get back in touch online via Online Chat or by phone on 0800 432 0200 however for assistance with the cash back deal it will need to be Money Saving Expert that you speak with.

I remember the MSE page about this offer where it described in detail the faff of having to get the pre paid debit card rather than a straightforward bank transfer reward. It certainly led me to believe this money was coming from Plusnet not MSE. I'm resigned to not getting the 60 but feel I've been duped - whether by Plusnet or MSE I don't know. One thing's for sure I won't use either site again and when my Plusnet contract is up I'll look elsewhere for service.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,772Posts Today

7,402Users online

Martin's Twitter