PopulusLive- survey sites discussion

Comments

• mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    B13blues wrote: »
    This is my favourite survey site by some distance, it works out at a payment every 3 months, sometimes a bit quicker.

I use Populous and it is OKish - I quite like the larger payments as they make a proper dent in things.

However other survey sites can pay way way more. In 3 months with Qmee I would expect to be up around £150. Prolific similarly.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    It seems that the pay has been reduced for PopulusLive surveys now. It was previously £1 per 5 minutes.

Today there was a £3 survey that I didn't qualify for, but I noticed it said at the start of the survey that it's a 25 minute survey.
  • mikep22
    Marvqn1 wrote: »
    It seems that the pay has been reduced for PopulusLive surveys now. It was previously £1 per 5 minutes.

Today there was a £3 survey that I didn't qualify for, but I noticed it said at the start of the survey that it's a 25 minute survey.

Ive got one in my inbox which is £3 for 15 mins.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
  • regista
    regista Posts: 128 Forumite
    edited 9 September 2019 at 2:13PM
    I got inboxed a £4 survey from Populus today but they wanted me to allow collection of facial recognition data. I'm not sure if this is a new thing or if it was just survey specific but it's certainly the first time I've seen it. These will be going in the bin if that becomes the norm.
  • regista wrote: »
    I got inboxed a £4 survey from Populus today but they wanted me to allow collection of facial recognition data. I'm not sure if this is a new thing or if it was just survey specific but it's certainly the first time I've seen it. These will be going in the bin if that becomes the norm.

I've had that one too. I declined but was still able to complete the survey. However, there were several time in the survey where I was asked again to allow the facial recognition.

As far as I'm concerned no means no and I expect them to respect that not keep asking. Perhaps they should add it to the profile questions as some of the other sites do. Then those who are happy to do webcam surveys can then be specifically targeted
    Saving a house deposit. Member no.7 100% of target :D

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
  • regista
    regista Posts: 128 Forumite
    I didn't qualify for the rest of the survey. Good to know that it wasn't down to rejecting the facial recognition request though.
  • Hi, I know I'm being thick here but... I signed up to this survey site a couple of weeks ago and can't see how to access surveys? Do they appear on the website when you log in or do you get emailed out something please?
    TIA
  • ndf9876
    ndf9876 Posts: 404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi, I know I'm being thick here but... I signed up to this survey site a couple of weeks ago and can't see how to access surveys? Do they appear on the website when you log in or do you get emailed out something please?
    TIA

Populus will email you when there's a new survey - you are guaranteed pretty much to get on it that way, and screenouts are pretty low (although I have been screened out for a couple).

In my experience, whilst they typically pay well for the surveys offered, these are few and far between - I've earned a good couple of hundred from Prolific and Qmee (combined!) and yet to even break the £20 mark with Populus.
  • mikep22
    ndf9876 wrote: »
    Populus will email you when there's a new survey - you are guaranteed pretty much to get on it that way, and screenouts are pretty low (although I have been screened out for a couple).

In my experience, whilst they typically pay well for the surveys offered, these are few and far between - I've earned a good couple of hundred from Prolific and Qmee (combined!) and yet to even break the £20 mark with Populus.

In my experience you will earn roughly £50 every 6-7 months or so with Populous.

But, like YouGov, it is nice because you do get quite a nice wedge you can do something with.

Though I collect points roughly 2x as fast with Populous then YouGov.
  • Topiary
    Topiary Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Just completed 2 x £ 3 surveys this evening :) . Also had a £2 survey yesterday evening but unfortunate managed to mess up the attention questions in my rush to finish =£0 (Have done that about 3 times now with Populus :( ) Though today makes up for it particularly as other survey sites have been quiet today for me:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure