Tax Free Childcare

Grazeley
Grazeley Posts: 72
First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
edited 6 September 2019 at 8:50AM in MoneySaving mums
Hi - just trying using tax free childcare this month.
I paid in my 80% of my childcare bill this month 3 days ago, when will the top up from the government be paid in?
I got this email, when checking today the cleared funds showing in my account are £72 with zero for government top up:

Thank you for making a payment of £72.00 on 3 September 2019 to XXXX' childcare account.

This will reach your childcare account within the next working day, or 2 working days if your payment was made after 9pm. (Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays don't count as working days).

Please allow at least 1 working day between paying money into your childcare account and making a payment to your childcare provider. This gives time for the money to clear. You can also check the amount of 'available funds' to spend in your childcare account.

I need to book afterschool club for next week so do i just withdraw my money, i dont want to risk waiting too long to withdraw my money either!

Thanks.

Comments

• Oh just realised, I havent reconfirmed my eligibility hence why not received my top up

SORTED!
  • I have another question regarding this. I am going to be in maternity leave until July or August, then back to work.

At the moment my 2.5 yo daughter goes to nursery 2 days a week and I pay the nursery through my tax-free child care account. However, since September she will be eligible to free nursery hours. I believe as I will be back to work and so is my husband, we are entitled to 30 hours/week. Is that correct? How would I make the transition to the tax-free childcare to the 30 hours? Would I have to close my account?

Any insight is highly appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport