Business CCJ

Earlier this year a company went in to liquidation and stung me for £10,000.00. Being a small company this has had an adverse effect on one of my businesses.

One of my suppliers (Enterprise), started a CCJ claim against my company VFSL on 31/07/2019 for the amount of £7,227.10. The amount was for stock used on the job that the company stung me on.

I had tried to speak to the supplier to set up a payment schedule but they declined.

As I felt I could not trade out of the situation I took the decision to close the company and wrote to all my creditors explaining there was no money coming into the company and the company had ceased trading. I also stated that the company would be struck off companies house after 3 months.

Since the letters have been sent out the company Enterprise who started the CCJ action have now re-issued CCJ paperwork to my sister company VTL.

This company is what I use for purely labour only installations and has never had any dealings with Enterprise on a business or stock level.

My question is:

Is it possible for them to do this as the 2 are totally different legal entities.

Any help would be great.

Also the company that has stunk me out of the money has already set up again under a different company name!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    edited 29 August 2019 at 11:43AM
    Earlier this year a company went in to liquidation and stung me for £10,000.00. Being a small company this has had an adverse effect on one of my businesses.

One of my suppliers (Enterprise), started a CCJ claim against my company VFSL on 31/07/2019 for the amount of £7,227.10. The amount was for stock used on the job that the company stung me on.

I had tried to speak to the supplier to set up a payment schedule but they declined.

As I felt I could not trade out of the situation I took the decision to close the company and wrote to all my creditors explaining there was no money coming into the company and the company had ceased trading. I also stated that the company would be struck off companies house after 3 months.

Since the letters have been sent out the company Enterprise who started the CCJ action have now re-issued CCJ paperwork to my sister company VTL.

This company is what I use for purely labour only installations and has never had any dealings with Enterprise on a business or stock level.

My question is:

Is it possible for them to do this as the 2 are totally different legal entities.

Any help would be great.

Also the company that has stunk me out of the money has already set up again under a different company name!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone can make a claim against anyone else they feel like. Whether they are successful will depend upon a number of factors including the diligence of the court/judge. Of course, if a defendant receives a claim they do not feel is justified, they should file a defence and that will certainly come to the attention of the court.

In regards striking off a company that is in debt, you will probably find that will be objected to, especially if the people you have knocked have gone to the time, trouble and expense of attempting to secure a CCJ against it.

Edited as I just saw your post from 2 years ago
    I am just about to move in with my partner to her house.

What I wanted to know before we commit to any address confirmations, is would we be linked financially, in turn causing my partners credit to be affected?

1. I have bad credit, which is being repaired, all be it slowly. My partner has perfect credit.
    2. I have my own mortgaged property which I have just moved out of and rent out to a friend. I will be moving in with my partner to her sole mortgaged property.

My questions would be:

Will we be linked financially:

1. If I am listed on the Council Tax
    2. Move my bank accounts to this address
    3. Move my companies house information to this address
    4. Move my self assessment to this address
    5. Driving License to this address
    6. Business bank accounts to this address

We do not plan on applying for any credit or bank accounts jointly

Any information on this situation would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance

I'm out!
  • da_rule
    da_rule Posts: 3,618 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Your terminology isn’t brilliant. Do you mean they have issued a County Court claim against your company? A CCJ is completely different, this is the judgment that follows a claim.

If they have issued against the wrong company then just file a defence to that effect?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure