Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Skyehusky
    • By Skyehusky 27th Aug 19, 4:41 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 15Thanks
    Skyehusky
    Military discounts in New York
    • 27th Aug 19, 4:41 PM
    Military discounts in New York 27th Aug 19 at 4:41 PM
    Hi,

I just wondered whether anyone has travelled to New York recently and has used their MOD90 to get discounts on entry to attractions/museums etc? I know the US used to be good for helping Coalition troops and wondered if this was still the case?

Many thanks.
Page 1
    • kangoora
    • By kangoora 29th Aug 19, 8:33 AM
    • 779 Posts
    • 693 Thanks
    kangoora
    • 29th Aug 19, 8:33 AM
    • 29th Aug 19, 8:33 AM
    There's this thread from 2008, obviously a long time ago......

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1340579

Sounds like you just need to try it when buying something. The americans are generally very supportive of their armed forces and, by association, UK armed forces also.

Not like most UK firms where the forces discount is typically the same discount you can get from any voucher offer, special offer etc.

Maybe there are some exceptions but seems to me the typical UK 'forces discount' is something any joe bloggs can get if they look around for it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,888Posts Today

7,528Users online

Martin's Twitter