VW Emissions and Slater Gordon Charges as nowcar no longer qualifies.

Options
Newby so please don't beat me up! feel I have already been beaten up by Slater Gordon.

I have searched to see if anyone else has this issue so if there is a forum or thread please direct me. If not, has anyone else experienced the following:

The criteria Slater Gordon initially set has changed or been refined from that initially required in October 2018 in order to register with them.

Having originally been told by Slater Gordon that 2 of my cars, based on make, model, engine type and year, qualified them to register as part of the VW Emissions case they were putting together.
Now, 9 months on,
I have since sold one of the cars, which Slater Gordon still deem to be OK as its VIN number checks out as being affected, but obviously as I have since sold it I received no documentation. However, according to Slater Gordon ".. the car is still included in the action.. "

The other car, I'm told, "cannot be represented by Slater Gordon as not every car has qualified .... you need to have received documentation from VW for this car to continue to be represented by us (Slater Gordon). This car is now seen to "not be affected by the VW Emissions issue" yet in October 2019 it was.

I asked these questions
- have you changed your qualification criteria?
This has never been answered, the reply says I was basically responsible for knowing the car had an emissions problem. Well, it did meet the criteria in october 2019.

- as per your Ts and Cs are you saying I am now liable for costs incurred to-date despite meeting your registration criteria in October 2019.
The answer is YES, but these will be determined at the conclusion of the case. That I should have checked my car met the criteria, which now includes documentation from VW recalling it for an Emissions "fix"

As I said, I am just asking if anyone else has experienced these emails and conversations with Slater Gordon before I take it to the Legal Ombudsman.

My view is Slater Gordon had had enough time by 2018 to offer clear guidelines to potential clients to assess if their vehicles were impacted by the emissions issue - their guidelines were followed and they constantly followed up with me to "register" with them as both cars "qualified".

I can remember going to VWs web site, inputting the car make, model, engine size and year and being told it was affected? did anyone else do this, or am I mis-remembering October 2018?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure