Warning: Do not copy and paste content from Word, PDFs etc into your posts

2»

Comments

• Kered
    Kered Posts: 3,531
    First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you so much to the forum team for getting me back on the forum, I had pasted something amusing copied from a Word document without thinking.
    Not so amusing when my IP address was automatically barred without warning a week later.

A friend told me about this thread when I had mentioned it and I then got in touch with the forum team and here I am back again :T :T :T
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi,
    I have made the stoopid mistake the other night of copying and pasting from a word document whilst sharing recipes on the old style money saving board :o :doh:
    Now my home IP address is banned by the administrator :o
    Can someone please, please move me off the naughty step and get me reinstated from home?
    I am sorry, lesson learned and I now know to copy to notepad then copy and paste into the forum when using a word doc etc.

Thanks
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi Just want to say thanks to you lads n lassies for sorting things out and unblocking my IP.
    SO good to be able to access from home again.
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,905
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    me too - although obviously I only found this thread after the problem.

The link you provide (from your we've banned your IP) led me to a form which seems entirely unconnected with that problem. In which the drop down list of operating systems does not contain Windows 10 (been around for years) or MS Edge (been around for years) so you might want to look into that please. You might also want to look into that it wouldn't even let me submit the form alternately blanking out the O/S ar the browser version

Formally please take this request to unblock my IP as it seems a knee jerk reaction inconveniencing me because of your technical problems. This is the second instance to impact me where your implementation/configuration of your security solution problems has led to over reaction. Are you sure its fit for purpose??

Also note that for most people an IP ban doesn't actually stop access to the site (eg 4G, Hotspot, VPNs) so I am unclear what this reaction is meant to achieve

thank you
    Mark (mark88man)
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • MSE_ForumTeam2
    MSE_ForumTeam2 Posts: 1,067
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Community Admin
    mark88man wrote: »
    me too - although obviously I only found this thread after the problem.

The link you provide (from your we've banned your IP) led me to a form which seems entirely unconnected with that problem. In which the drop down list of operating systems does not contain Windows 10 (been around for years) or MS Edge (been around for years) so you might want to look into that please. You might also want to look into that it wouldn't even let me submit the form alternately blanking out the O/S ar the browser version

Formally please take this request to unblock my IP as it seems a knee jerk reaction inconveniencing me because of your technical problems. This is the second instance to impact me where your implementation/configuration of your security solution problems has led to over reaction. Are you sure its fit for purpose??

Also note that for most people an IP ban doesn't actually stop access to the site (eg 4G, Hotspot, VPNs) so I am unclear what this reaction is meant to achieve

thank you
    Mark (mark88man)

Hi Mark

Please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

We cannot offer support here.
    Official MSE Forum Team member
    This account's Inbox is not monitored
    Please report all problem posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi Mark

Please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

We cannot offer support here.

Maybe, but there's an obvious problem, and isn't it about time that it was fixed?

The Moneysupermarket Group that owns MSE had a 2017 turnover of £329m and operating profits of £113m - surely it can afford a relatively small fix like this one, particularly in view of the problems it's causing for some members.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure